I current have a 250a DB Electrical alt installed with a Deka 9a78DT as my front battery running 1500 watts. At idle I drop to around 13.9 and when cruising I stay right at 14.5 volts. Now I want to run 4300 in the near future and need to know how many batteries and what batteries would be best. I'm kinda thinking three Deka 9a31's but am open to other things and am willing to buy used. I want to try and stay around 600 for all of them so gimme an idea for how many and what I should get.

You saying you want to upgrade power from 1,500 to 4,300?

Maybe your sig is not up to date, but 4 ga is weak for so much power.

But your electrical seems good for now.

That won't be strong enough for a 3500 watts amp.

:suicide-santa:

Maybe your sig is not up to date, but 4 ga is weak for so much power.

But your electrical seems good for now.

That won't be strong enough for a 3500 watts amp.

:suicide-santa:

I currently have 4 gauge for my AP because that's all it accepts but the 4500 will have 0 gauge. Even with my 4 gauge the meter at my amp reads 14's at full tilt. But for future reference the AQ3500 does 4300 @ 1 ohm and 14.4v.

Will this be for daily or comps?

that DB Electric alt will more than likely be an issue. I own one also. My system includes a sundown 1500d and 2 kinetik HC2000's. and that pos alt. my voltage drops down at every stop sign/stop light, basically whenever my foot isnt on the gas. Those alts put out I think 105a at idle, horrible alt IMO.

that DB Electric alt will more than likely be an issue. I own one also. My system includes a sundown 1500d and 2 kinetik HC2000's. and that pos alt. my voltage drops down at every stop sign/stop light, basically whenever my foot isnt on the gas. Those alts put out I think 105a at idle, horrible alt IMO.

what does your voltage drop to? I don't drop below 14 at stop lights with my AP1500, and that thing isn't the most efficient in the world.

IMO, I would def upgrade wiring to 0awg... and use one of these for the input on your amps...

pac104sl_1032_detail.jpg

Its a reducer to fit higher gauge into 4awg.

IMO, I would def upgrade wiring to 0awg... and use one of these for the input on your amps...

pac104sl_1032_detail.jpg

Its a reducer to fit higher gauge into 4awg.

This is only temp. I've only got a couple more months on this set up until I have the funds to run the new one. It'll be Knu 0 gauge, the battery bank we should be discussing here, (2) Fi BTL N2's, AQ3500 and AQ4x90

I did a little testing on my alt and I drop to 13.8 at the alt when playing full tilt and 13.2 at the amp so my cable drop isn't too bad. So far the DB Electrical alt has been doing great and keeping up with my system demands but can anyone help me with how many batts I will need in the back and what kind? I'll restate the fact I was looking at doing 3 Deka 9a31's for 400 bucks but am open to other things and wanna stay under 600.

Buy 'em and try 'em, nobody can really tell you what will work. In theory, that alt with 3 Deka 9a31s will be plenty but real world testing will be the only way to say for sure.

For reference - 4300w @ 12v = 358a and 4300w @ 14.4v = 299a

Edited by Ohjay

Buy 'em and try 'em, nobody can really tell you what will work. In theory, that alt with 3 Deka 9a31s will be plenty but real world testing will be the only way to say for sure.

For reference - 4300w @ 12v = 358a and 4300w @ 14.4v = 299a

Just to make sure... I think I saw you post this a few times... you're dividing by the voltage being sent, yes??? How correct/accurate is this method to finding the needed amperage? JW :peepwall: