Infinite913

Has anyone heard a vehicle walled at the c-pillar?

I was curious to how it sounds and performs to get input with out having to do it and then tear it apart if its not what I want! So if you know anyone that has done it or you have heard it please share your input!

I have heard 2 vehicles walled at the C-pillar and it always sounds like hot garbage for some reason.

Of course most people who wall their cars seriously screw things up so that doesn't say much....but as always much better to sort through your goals than to chase arbitrary solutions.

I have heard 2 vehicles walled at the C-pillar and it always sounds like hot garbage for some reason.

It probably wasn't built or designed right. A wall is a wall, if it's done right it doesn't matter what pillar it's at. Perfect example: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/483167-48x-sundown-sa-10s-build.html None of the cab is cut, so it's technically behind the C pillar.

Oh, and it does 160's @ 34 hz now.

Edited by ibanender

It probably wasn't built or designed right. A wall is a wall, if it's done right it doesn't matter what pillar it's at. Perfect example: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/483167-48x-sundown-sa-10s-build.html None of the cab is cut, so it's technically behind the C pillar.

Big differance between Hank's wall and most other walls.

Weak score anyway. Just finish a 8 12" wall doing 160's from 30Hz-55Hz. ;)

Big differance between Hank's wall and most other walls.

Weak score anyway. Just finish a 8 12" wall doing 160's from 30Hz-55Hz. ;)

To that, I say put up or shut up.

I like the idea of an wall behind the c-pillar very much , 2 less windows and 1 door less that are going to flex and woofers are not playing directly to the roof , maybe even a chance to brace that same roof with that wall , the rest is the same as a box behind the c-pillar ...........regardless of what other people think.........build it well and it WILL pound .......

@bassahaulic , +160 db in such a wide range ..........Yes we need proof !