SMpaintball78

A big question......

hello SSA goers...... today, i am wondering, what 2 10's, 212's, or 1 15 would be louder than 1 12" mtx 9500 but still in my price ranger? iv always owned kicker,mtx,rockford, but i want to try some of this "incriminator" audio or sundown or skar. i like trying new things but i figured id ask someone with experence. im having money issues and need a little cash so im selling both my 9500's ( 475 plus shipping) to get something a little smaller. if i get 2 10's or 2 12's of something, ill spend about 200 on each sub max. or if i go with 1 15, ill spend around 350-375. i have a '95 ford ranger ext. cab running a kicker zx1500.1 w/ 4 gauge wireing. i dont reallt have a box limit size. it can be however tall, up to 44 inches wide, and only 17 deep.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Lantz

hello SSA goers...... today, i am wondering, what 2 10's, 212's, or 1 15 would be louder than 1 12" mtx 9500 but still in my price ranger? iv always owned kicker,mtx,rockford, but i want to try some of this "incriminator" audio or sundown or skar. i like trying new things but i figured id ask someone with experence. im having money issues and need a little cash so im selling both my 9500's ( 475 plus shipping) to get something a little smaller. if i get 2 10's or 2 12's of something, ill spend about 200 on each sub max. or if i go with 1 15, ill spend around 350-375. i have a '95 ford ranger ext. cab running a kicker zx1500.1 w/ 4 gauge wireing. i dont reallt have a box limit size. it can be however tall, up to 44 inches wide, and only 17 deep.

Thanks for reading!

Get two Skar VVX 12s. From what I have heard they are good drivers and I have no doubt that they will be louder than a single mtx 9500 12. However, it always comes down to install so take your time and do it right.

Edited by Deto1992

i got one guy telling me to go with skar, and one to stay away. what about sundown audio, or incrimator audio? im serieously thinking about 1 15 again.

I've owned a set of Incriminator Lethal Injection 15's and they were awesome! I've also owned some Sundown SA8's (4 of them) and no one believed all that sound was from them. Both companies offer great customer support along with outstanding products. You can't go wrong with either of those 2 in my opinion. I have no experience with Skar so I would suggest lots and lots of research.

Do you want just sheer loudness?

What style box do you have now? What power do you have?

I'd stay away from skar.

Any reason?

I'd stay away from skar.

Any reason?

The guy who owns Skar is REAL Sketch to say the least.

scammed peopled on other forums and had to change his company name. And now is in conflict in our own forum. I would rather burn my money than give to a scammer.

2 SA-12s would be my vote. I haven't heard anything bad at all about SKAR products and most of the people who tell you to stay away haven't even dealt with Kevin. I bought over $500 worth of stuff from him a couple weeks ago and was very pleased with the transaction, so much so that I spent another $400+ with him this morning.

I've read a lot of stuff on here and other forums about Kevin from Skar, a lot of mixed information, weird dealings, etc.

I've seen people complain over stupid stuff that isn't a big deal, but I've also seen some sketchy stuff.

Personally I'm pretty wary about doing business with him, only time will tell.

If your on a budget get some sundown sa12s or sa15s.

Do you want just sheer loudness?

What style box do you have now? What power do you have?

id say im more for loudness that sq. dont get me wrong, i dont want a sub (kicker) thats loud but has little to no SQ. i have ported right now but i can do sealed. i have a kicker zx1500.1 with 4 gauge wireing, and a second deep cycle battery.

I've read a lot of stuff on here and other forums about Kevin from Skar, a lot of mixed information, weird dealings, etc.

I've seen people complain over stupid stuff that isn't a big deal, but I've also seen some sketchy stuff.

what about if i want just 1 sub. i have electrical problem and id like to keep the total rms under 1200. i was thinking about 1 15" RE audio sx. it is brand new on ebay with a year warrenty with a box( 3 cf ported and tuned) and wires for 300. any thoughts??

Edited by Lantz

what about if i want just 1 sub. i have electrical problem and id like to keep the total rms under 1200. i was thinking about 1 15" RE audio sx. it is brand new on ebay with a year warrenty with a box and wires for 300. any thoughts??

I've never used RE, so I don't have any input on the driver. However, I wouldn't buy a driver with a box as it's likely prefab or poorly constructed. Got pictures / specs of the box?

Not sure what your budget is, but just because you have two drivers rated at 600watts each doesn't mean you need an amp that makes 1200watts, hell you could feed each driver 300watts and it'd still be loud.

If your electrical is a concern you could use more cone area to compensate for less power. crude example: 2 12s 400watts each or 1 12 1500watts.

Is adding a battery in the rear a possibility?

what about if i want just 1 sub. i have electrical problem and id like to keep the total rms under 1200. i was thinking about 1 15" RE audio sx. it is brand new on ebay with a year warrenty with a box and wires for 300. any thoughts??

I've never used RE, so I don't have any input on the driver. However, I wouldn't buy a driver with a box as it's likely prefab or poorly constructed. Got pictures / specs of the box?

Not sure what your budget is, but just because you have two drivers rated at 600watts each doesn't mean you need an amp that makes 1200watts, hell you could feed each driver 300watts and it'd still be loud.

If your electrical is a concern you could use more cone area to compensate for less power. crude example: 2 12s 400watts each or 1 12 1500watts.

Is adding a battery in the rear a possibility?

i already do. i have one of those giant boat deep cycle batterys lol. it help for about 1 full song but when it starts getting low, it kill smy alt. just as much as it did befor i had it. i have 2 12" mtx 9500s (1000rms/2000peak a piece) and it kills my electrical. here is a link to the ebay page....

http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-AUDIO-SXX15D2-15-SUBWOOFER-VENTED-SPL-ENCLOSURE-BOX-/300530533657?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item45f9040519 (copy and paste if it dont work)

its 319 to be exact. iv always had good luck with prefab boxes. and there only charging me a extra 50 for it so y not? if it does blow apart, i can build my own. i already have the wood,glue,screws ready to go but im not exactally the best at building. the boxes for my 9500's turned out great but they were alot smaller than what this needs. i plan on keeping this subs for years and i want the box to be in good shape and look good.

Edited by Lantz

scammed peopled on other forums and had to change his company name. And now is in conflict in our own forum. I would rather burn my money than give to a scammer.

Well in this case, I apologize for the bad recommendation. :suicide-santa: In all honesty, I was unaware of the issues; thanks for the correction.

Edited by Deto1992

so what do you all think?right now im between 1 15" RE audio sxx, 1 15" sa, or??????

My vote would be to go with one FI BL 15 in around 4 cubes ported. On 1500 watts it would slap hard! A Sundown Nightshade would to the trick also

My vote would be to go with one FI BL 15 in around 4 cubes ported. On 1500 watts it would slap hard! A Sundown Nightshade would to the trick also

can i pick up either of those for around 350?

You could definitly get a BL for that price range, the Nightshade is out though, its 500 bucks

But between a SA-15 and a FI BL 15 I would still go with the BL on 1500 watts

You could definitly get a BL for that price range, the Nightshade is out though, its 500 bucks

But between a SA-15 and a FI BL 15 I would still go with the BL on 1500 watts

hmm ok

thanks