asb2106

Dual SA-8 99 Silverado Extended Cab Build

Got some refurb SA-8s coming next week from Mike for some builds, and here's the first.

Its going in a 99 Silvy, made to fit over the center hump under the rear seat. And we did not have to raise the seat at all! :)

The box nets 1.1 cubes, tuned ~ 38hz.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ASB2106/NathanS2xSa8#

Some of the better pics..

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out since I have a 1998 Sierra.

:) thanks

Subs will be in next week, dont have an amp yet for it, but gonna shoot for 700-1000 watts at 1 ohm.

Ill be sure to post install pics and some vids next week when its up

Very nice!!! Working with a set of SA-8's myself. Tuned in!! :popcorn:

looks impressive. should sound pretty nice when its done

Looks nice hows the output of those little suckers?

so far Im liking em.

Going to 6 in the kia with a different amp config soon here, hopefully that will get me enough. Im shocked at the great lows these have. With my last boxes I made the bass is super clean when listening to music. I can only push them so far, but I think with 6 it will be plenty.

And for most two of these on a decent 500-800 watt amp, its more than enough.

This truck is keeping all stock electrical for this, so we found a smallish amp, a Kenwood 9104 D on craigslist basically new for cheap. For his music preferences, this should be perfect.

Once we get second face piece on and get it vinyled Im gonna do a walk around video on this one. just waiting on the sa-8s to get in, should be beating next saturday

Awesome Work Bro ... I have a 97 Chevy Silverado, I like that set up. I'm tuned in ... :popcorn:

I'd be willing to bet the port will be very noisy and it won't be very loud. Aiming forward in those trucks doesn't do so hot and it doesn't look like there is enough port area, and the port shape itself looks very indicative to noise.

I'd be willing to bet the port will be very noisy and it won't be very loud. Aiming forward in those trucks doesn't do so hot and it doesn't look like there is enough port area, and the port shape itself looks very indicative to noise.

And honest, from first hand experience I'm going to have to beg to differ, port noise is nill with the setup, port area is dead on. I've used ports Luke this on this specific sub and I know it works. Now for the truck, can't speak for that yet, but I've done quite a few trucks and I feel pretty decent about this one. Who's knows, you might be right, but I'm pretty sure your gonna be 100% wrong.

And honest, from first hand experience I'm going to have to beg to differ, port noise is nill with the setup, port area is dead on. I've used ports Luke this on this specific sub and I know it works. Now for the truck, can't speak for that yet, but I've done quite a few trucks and I feel pretty decent about this one. Who's knows, you might be right, but I'm pretty sure your gonna be 100% wrong.

Maybe I have higher standards? I happen to own a 99 GMC Sierra, I'm quite familiar with them and what they like vs not like. Downfiring works much better than forward firing, and every box I've ever heard that had a very narrow and wide port had audible noise. Even the port in my truck, which is 12" x 2" for a single 12 is noisy.

Maybe I have higher standards? I happen to own a 99 GMC Sierra, I'm quite familiar with them and what they like vs not like. Downfiring works much better than forward firing, and every box I've ever heard that had a very narrow and wide port had audible noise. Even the port in my truck, which is 12" x 2" for a single 12 is noisy.

Ok Im sorry for the way that came out.. in my current setup in a hatchback Im very pleased with what I hear, and I have yet to hear it in the truck, so my opinion is based soley on that.

I guess it really depends on the guys tastes, if he dont like it Im sure we will try something else, but were kinda hopeful that this works, cause aesthetically hes very pleased with it so far.

**This isnt my build, this is my customers, so we had to come to some comprises on fitment, looks and sound. And ultimately its his, and if he likes it Im happy :)

Edited by asb2106

Ok Im sorry for the way that came out.. in my current setup in a hatchback Im very pleased with what I hear, and I have yet to hear it in the truck, so my opinion is based soley on that.

I guess it really depends on the guys tastes, if he dont like it Im sure we will try something else, but were kinda hopeful that this works, cause aesthetically hes very pleased with it so far.

**This isnt my build, this is my customers, so we had to come to some comprises on fitment, looks and sound. And ultimately its his, and if he likes it Im happy :)

Acoustics of that car, TOTALLY different than the truck.

I'm on the mobile phone, so i will be brief.. much to my relief the box sounds spectacular! Absolutely crisp and clean, it doesn't get violent at all. Other boxes ive had 8s would struggle with certain songs, requiring me to turn down the gain a hair, where this box held strong. I'm amzed

At this boxes ability to handle the lows. Very happy and the customer is super happy. Running on a rf 1000bd 2010 with bout half gain, quarter bass boost and at about 45 Hz tops. It could handle higher too, but it matches real nicely with his setup there. Pics and vids coming tomorrow

Pics Pics Pics!!!! :popcorn:

Pics Pics Pics!!!! :popcorn:

I'll tell him to stop by tonight, I got some of them from the install last night. They just look awful. Flash makes a car look filthy, and this is far from a show car.. barely a clean one.. so they don't look anything special

Edited by asb2106

I'm on the mobile phone, so i will be brief.. much to my relief the box sounds spectacular! Absolutely crisp and clean, it doesn't get violent at all. Other boxes ive had 8s would struggle with certain songs, requiring me to turn down the gain a hair, where this box held strong. I'm amzed

Have you had those 8's in any other boxes to compare? I ask because you said you've had other 8's that struggled.

Have you had those 8's in any other boxes to compare? I ask because you said you've had other 8's that struggled.

quite a few now, but I think Ive got them down :) Didnt love it the first time around, but since then Ive liked it much more ever since. I like the boxes with .5-.6 cubes per sub, with about 16 sq in per cube

Holy smokes another one Ive got going (check the port area thread in like 10 mins) is up and running with 6 8's in a 3.1 cube box thats SLAMMING on 1000 watts. serious business being done with these 8's, and Im loving them to death. Just waiting for the next customer build to order some more(and probably grab more for me :) )

Edited by asb2106