SIC Noma

Ipad x Alpine IDA-305S

So after seeing a few ipad installs i decided i wanted to do it myself. picked one up this past weekend and jailbroke it to run the "noaccessorysplash IOS4" app. that way it disables the Accessory Connected screen. got it all working. now i gotta fiberglass it into the dash...

hell yea that will be sick when its done.

Sweet. I just hook mine up through the aux, my cde102 doesn't recognize it as a iPod.

Sweet. I just hook mine up through the aux, my cde102 doesn't recognize it as a iPod.

sounds like its time for a upgrade... :peepwall:

now the hard part of glassing it into the dash and moving the h/u to the center console and the a/c controls to the glove box... :ohsnap:

now the hard part of glassing it into the dash and moving the h/u to the center console and the a/c controls to the glove box... :ohsnap:

Yeah perhaps I'll switch head units, mine as well get one for when I do my front stage. Luckily for my car I mounted the hu at the bottom of the dash, so my ipad is above it, easy to get to hu controls

Yeah perhaps I'll switch head units, mine as well get one for when I do my front stage. Luckily for my car I mounted the hu at the bottom of the dash, so my ipad is above it, easy to get to hu controls

link too any pics???

link too any pics???

hu.JPG

I have a cord sewed into my dashmat, I have the apple ipad case with the cover flipped back over, so the ipad hangs off the cord, it sits right above the hu, it's fast and easy to take out and doesn't move much surprisingly.

I'll post a picture with the ipad in tomorrow.

Love these kinds of mods! Would lke to see the steps you take in making this happen!

Love these kinds of mods! Would lke to see the steps you take in making this happen!

i'll try and take lots of pics. this will be a slow project with my work schedule sucking tho... :Doh:

i'll try and take lots of pics. this will be a slow project with my work schedule sucking tho... :Doh:

Completely agree with Sefugi, anything to do with glassing is exciting to me.

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks and I should have a lot more room to do projects, I'm hoping to do some glassing for a while, make some pod/shelf speakers, and move on to my doors.

Completely agree with Sefugi, anything to do with glassing is exciting to me.

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks and I should have a lot more room to do projects, I'm hoping to do some glassing for a while, make some pod/shelf speakers, and move on to my doors.

:drink40::popcorn:

that thing will save you some time for sure, bet whoever came up with that idea has made a few bucks off it.

that thing will save you some time for sure, bet whoever came up with that idea has made a few bucks off it.

Obviously the company has tons of overhead, but I remember seeing a few episodes where they had to meet their quota at the end of the day, I think they were doing like $10k or something everyday.

i found this which should cut down on the build time...

http://store.soundmancaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=156

That pan would help on time but $60? I think I would try making my own pan before I spent that kind of $$.

if i had time i would probably do it myself. but i only have wed/sundays off. so anything that will save me time will help.

i found this which should cut down on the build time...

http://store.soundmancaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=156

That pan would help on time but $60? I think I would try making my own pan before I spent that kind of $$.

if i had time i would probably do it myself. but i only have wed/sundays off. so anything that will save me time will help.

I've always had more time than $ myself, plus the "I did That" comes to mind when you show it off!

I've always had more time than $ myself, plus the "I did That" comes to mind when you show it off!

time haz never been on my side... lol

i bagged my truck in a day in a half. and drove it a good 200miles with no test driving.

would be nice to say i did everything, but this piece wont even be seen. the dash bezel is what i want to pay more attention too...

time haz never been on my side... lol

i bagged my truck in a day in a half. and drove it a good 200miles with no test driving.

would be nice to say i did everything, but this piece wont even be seen. the dash bezel is what i want to pay more attention too...

Understood! :fing34:

Didn't even want to come in this thread as I don't want to be jealous. Glad there are no finished pics :P