QuinnyGT

Irish Basser Project

She booms :D

Finally hooked it all up today, alot of tweeking to do tomorrow but its finally in and booming :) only off 1,700Wrms as I'm waiting on a second amp :rolleyes: but once thats in I will be booming 5,200Wrms :) some pics of today, will take more and some term lab readings :) This power is only tickling the subs but it is nice to boom again after 3 months with no bass in my life :D well worth the wait, now the finishing work can begin :)

13052011485.jpg

13052011486.jpg

13052011487.jpg

14052011488.jpg

14052011490.jpg

14052011491.jpg

14052011492.jpg

14052011493.jpg

14052011495.jpg

Thats some real nice equipment you have.

Nice work, glad your booming again.

Keep the pics coming...

Those Mayhems look beastly...

Small video of the system there, hit 145 @39 hz sensor on the windscreen driver door open, fingers crossed second amp lands tomorrow so I can run beefy power :)

will get more build pics up tomorrow :)

lol We wont begin to talk about the postage, but long story short, second amp is in cork for the last week!! Lazy Couriers!!!! So collected second amp today, down to Rookies house to hook it up as I left my RCA's in his place, as Marko Said it burped 148 @38hz, loads of work done to the box but a hell of a lot more to do, back wall is flexing crazy so I need to put another 2 skins of MDF on, but its booming and fook me I am happy :) plays brutal on music which is exactly what I wanted as its not a build for numbers, but for sure there's a 153ish in there somewhere just gotta hunt it out :D

227254_10150254834590763_647610762_9434863_3132898_n.jpg

Got some juice in the laptop, gave it one more burp @38 and:

229124_10150254834850763_647610762_9434867_4740406_n.jpg

so there's defo 3 odd DB left to find :) some videos soon of the carnage :D

Some flex and lil hair trick

And my first hair trick :)

More vids of flex tomorrow, ran out of light today lol

:woot::woot:

Build looks sick man. I gotta ask do many ppl in ireland have systems? I have a friend from Cornwall and she says only chavs have them in england lol just wondering what its like in Ireland. Those subs are sexy though

Maybe in Cornwall in England its chav's there's well over 100 walled cars in the UK I would think, In Ireland on the other hand, I am one of very few with this level of audio, I think I have walked into the number 3 spot of loudest in the country with this when its finished, which is a shame dude, would love to live somewhere where people dont think I am insane to have this much bass lol bass over here is a 12" bass pack of all 100 watts and 8gauge power wire, I know thats where I started off but thats the limits with people, main thing over here would be drifting and car tuning for draggin, sound is a dying breed but I hope to help build it back up :peepwall:

Awesome build bro. Just read thru the whole thing and I gotta say, props on havin the balls to wall your car let alone bein one of the few to have done it in your country. Then doin the actuall build yourself. Respect bruh.

Edited by PHATBOi

Cheers mate :) some testing with a TL and some videos are a must today

Did some small testing today, there is 1.1 DB difference between 30-45hz, so box plays good and flat, will be taking it apart though, not happy with the SPL side of it, so I'm going to reduce Box volume, strengthen it, increase port area, add 45's etc etc this should see the SPL increase :)

Lmao, us bassheads need councling...

I'm going to get my next degree and become a doctor in BassHeadology to help us all.

Maybe in Cornwall in England its chav's there's well over 100 walled cars in the UK I would think, In Ireland on the other hand, I am one of very few with this level of audio, I think I have walked into the number 3 spot of loudest in the country with this when its finished, which is a shame dude, would love to live somewhere where people dont think I am insane to have this much bass lol bass over here is a 12" bass pack of all 100 watts and 8gauge power wire, I know thats where I started off but thats the limits with people, main thing over here would be drifting and car tuning for draggin, sound is a dying breed but I hope to help build it back up :peepwall:

Your build is looking good so I think your on the right track for that.

Edited by Luke.H

That car is getting it, those subs are moving!

Tore the front baffle off to start the work on the inside of the box, thought I would get it finished in one day but thought wrong, VERY wrong lol :) I've added 45's and some fibreglass, have completely sealed the inside of the box, A nice hand from Am today with my new revised port, cheers for the help chap :) Should have this back up and running this time tomorrow, and will hopefully crack the magical 150 barrier for the first time :D

250408_10150268628825763_647610762_9573410_3342218_n.jpg

More tomorrow, also ordered an O scope so will be able to set the amps up properly and run full power :)

Would you be going with more port area this go round? Curious to hear your changes and results!!

Back together now, must seal the wall off tomorrow, then do some testing, safe to say its ALOT windier now :) And port area is 130sq inches now, tuned onto 30hz, Will make a vid and take some pics tomorrow :)

Haven't updated on here in quite a while :peepwall:

So car is now long rebuilt and hitting 149.9 @30hz, so now its time to rip it all out and build it up AGAIN, gonna have twin 210 amp alts, and also gonna get me some Sundown SAZ 3500D's :) And finally trim the car up to make it presentable. Will be starting the strip down in Jan, so will keep you guys updated with pics. Was thikning of doing a no wall box, but I think I will stay with a wall, I have a nice bit of space to play with so any ideas I'm more than open to them :D

Not much of an update really, I recently moved house and I decided to move the Rolla over there, and began the strip down of the current wall so I can measure up and rebuild again :) Seeing I recently got a new Phone said I would test out the picture quality and also give a run through of my equipment :)

Rolla getting emptied:

IMG_0239.jpg

Some pics of the speakers I used last year and I will be using again:

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

105 KG of batteries :)

IMG_0244.jpg

35KG a piece for those who dont believe lol:

IMG_0242.jpg

Spot the difference in size lol:

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

The all Star line up for 2012:

IMG_0260.jpg

Missing a sub as I am too lazy to take out all 25KG of vertically mounted madness :)

new sub amps have been decided on:

B2 Audio M1S 5,000watt Amps (2)

001.jpg

004.jpg

Gonna be a small while before I can afford those, all going well I will be hitting the big meet louder than last year :) I have 2 more days off work so expect some more updates on the car itself :)

Edited by QuinnyGT

like the equipment choices. looks like it'll be a lot of fun for you. good luck man

Lot of work ! niiice results.

Why do you tune your box/wall so low ? Maybe you can tune higher to hit higher numbers ? But it won't sound the same for sure !