bakedboy08@yahoo.com

When will i get my BL???

You're getting a CUSTOM, made to order sub, hand built in the USA, with mostly (baskets are still chinese, right?) USA parts. Even if it does take a month, that is a pretty nice time frame in my opinion Like it said, you will be extremely happy with what will show up at your doorstep :drink40:

Most people don't understand that, or want to understand that. I am sure Nick gets many of the same emails I do, except x50. ;)

i know your probably tired of people asking questions but when do you get the steel lol

i know your probably tired of people asking questions but when do you get the steel lol

No..we only have to make the dies once.

After that..it does not need to be made or re-done until they are worn out. (many thousands of parts)

Our lead times for raw materials are going to go down significantly, after we get out of the transition period.

As soon as we know when we are going to be able to get the steel in our hands, we will make an announcement and let everybody know.

It is not going to be 30 days.

I am not putting an exact date on it. I will make an announcement when we have it in our hands..until then what has already been said is all I am going to say :)

We were hoping to have them done by today when I got back into town, but they only just started on them. They are supposed to have them ready to ship on Wednesday, and assuming 1-2 day freight from LA to LV, we will start maching on Friday when they come in. We have to machine all surfaces, bore the ID, cooling channels, drill/tap, tumble, coat, and bake.... then normal assembly of motor and parts. We have pulled all coils up until yesterdays BL orders and are getting the coil packs going. This will help save some time once the motors are rolling having a ticket and coil pack together.

We are hoping that the US 18" 12 spokes are sorted in the next couple of weeks so we dont run into delays with those as well, but I believe we are covered up until current on all 18s too.

We are working on 10-18 US baskets too... but starting with the 18 first as we sell an obscene amount of them (and only worse when IB3s are rolling).

As Nick said, we are going through a less than fun transition to all US parts/vendors and things are taking longer than expected. But we will have significantly lower lead times in the future not too mention significantly more US sourced raw parts than any other company I know of.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, will you be making the 6spoke basket in USA also?

Also are you planning on doing a 8"-12" in that basket?

I heard a from a birdy a 8inch was coming 2 years ago, but it didn't happen.

Also what about the other size? It still on the backburner?

Also, wouldn't it cost the same to design your own basket as making all the tooling for the existing 12 spoke? And if it did, why didn't you design a different one?

We'll have our own 10-18" basket.

8's are a pain in the ass for us..simply because we build all of our own stuff. If we outsourced them and did not have to deal with the kidney stone of building them it would not be anywhere near as bad. But, they wouldn't be built how we build them..and issues would arise.

It takes the same amount of time to build an 8 as it does an 18...its a no brainer there. Same amount of time and no profit to be made is foolish.

hey whats up, so have you guys gotten the metal in yet to start building the woofers? i think it was scott that said the other day you guys are gonna ahve the metal in on thursday was just wondering if it ever came in and when you guys are going to back in production with the bl's?

(baskets are still chinese, right?)

Not for long :) 18" will be the first usa basket.

Right on! Coming out with your own design for the new baskets?