the727kid

Challenger Build, 2nd Round

:phatyo:

Took a video when I was sitting down at tailgating saturday... nothing special but I figured what the hell lol. Subs are turned off in the vid.

th_VID_20110924_182705.jpg

Where are they at and what time? I usually don't go out to Tampa unless it's for a game.

its at USF on Fowler, usually Gmonk and them will go to the meet. theres TONS of people there, not just a caraudio meet. ive only gone once, but i think its mostly every weekend.

Even climate control in the glove box! Pretty damn smooth. :band:

Nice work!

I am wondering how those Sundown neo mids sound. Jacob said they were not aimed for SQ use.

They could be, but in a classic PA sense you will need more than 2 drivers covering the frequency range to make that happen. Bandwidth or output, not both.

Build looks great man.

Well done.

Dont take this the wrong way, but that vid is the suck.

I had the speakers all the way up and no less than 4 people come in my office and say WTF man?

LOL

Gotta love those Sundown 8"s, the more I see your build the more I want some horns under the dash. How do the horns like the power increase you gave them? Are they seeing the same amount of wattage as the 8's or less?

Lol yea.. my cell phone isn't that great for sound, I was drunk by that point and figured I'd try taking a video trying to showing how loud it is. Of course your co-workers could just hate Skrillex.

M5 is right for the most part. The Sundowns have a very narrow bandwidth when set up for tailgating it is 85hz-1200hz. When not tailgating I drop them down to 70hz, to really blend the bass up front. I have no doubt though I could be very competitive with these mids in SQ comps though. Same power as the 8s theoretically, I'm sure the MS-8 has some steep cuts on it though.