Lately ive been thinking of different installs to get myself into considering i recently landed a decent job. Basically not sure how to hook up multiple amplifiers beyond the 2/3 pre amp outs on the HU. I understand most amps these days are linkable and that I understand.. but what if i want to go farther than that? Where does the signal come from? For example.. say i want to add a shit load of speakers to my door's which would need multiple amps.. how do i go about getting the signal to each amp beyond the front/rear outputs on the H.U? Or say i want to add a shitload of subs to the back which will require more than a couple amps.. arent linkable amps limited to (2) together and no more? I understand RCA Y's can be used and ive done that in my other vehicle which only has 2 outputs to get all 4 front speakers to work off a 4ch amp. Ive just never really done an install that required more than 1 amp for subs and 1 amp for front stage. If anyone can lay this out for me I would appreciate it.

hmm.. that seems like it would work. Is there any voltage loss in your RCA cables using those things? I see it has a power and ground wire which may help with that problem?

With sub out pre outs on a HU it has 2 cables.. for a mono amplifier it only needs 1, correct? Could you use each wire to run its own mono amp and get a proper signal to each one?

no it needs both left and right to a mono block amp

A lot of amplifiers have pre-out connections as well. Basically they "repeat" the signal for you to be relayed to another amplifier. :peepwall:

can anyone else add to this thread for me?

x161EPICEPW-O2.jpeg

x161EQSG-O.jpeg

If your really meticulous

You can use Y adapters, the pass throughs on an amp, multiple output line drivers, crossovers, etc. . .

ok, think im starting to understand. thank you djjdnap for the diagram, i use an aftermarket hu but i get what's going on there. Think ive got this nailed down into memory. If the time comes where i have specific amp's in question and a more solid plan ill be back with better questions, thank you guys!

Can use the RCA out on your amps if you are sending the same signals.

BUT

if you are crossing over actively you will send the same frequencies to the next amp.