Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Bravox CS603CF's back in stock

Thanks guys. I looked in the SSA store. And no specs... :ughdunno:

I thought I had put them up. Here is the company page: 603cf

Pinning this as this is a bonkers deal and the people who were asking about these better jump on them now as we only have a few left.

:bump:

Just figured I'd make a note here that my wife told me yesterday that the passenger side mid of the old components gave the "DEATH RATTLE" as she put it. So these will be getting installed sooner than later to keep her going strong.

We are down to 3 or 4 left.

Aaron, I received my set in today. Thank you for the quick shipping :drink40: These things are no joke, the set weighs 25lbs! I have never seen any component set near the quality of these things. Anxious to get them installed but waiting on an amplifier to power them. Bravox and SSA for the win. :fing34:

Look forward to your results. :)

I got mine today as well. Pretty quick shipping I'd say!

Taking these out of the box was impressive to say the least, I can certainly see why they have the MSRP that they do.

If they sound as good as they look.... oh man.

Now, I just need to figure out how to mount them in a Mustang. I must have missed the pictures at the beginning of this thread because I didn't realize how massive the crossover actually was, haha.

Should make for an interesting install though, I'm sure I'll figure something out!

Thanks again!

I got mine today as well. Pretty quick shipping I'd say!

Taking these out of the box was impressive to say the least, I can certainly see why they have the MSRP that they do.

If they sound as good as they look.... oh man.

Now, I just need to figure out how to mount them in a Mustang. I must have missed the pictures at the beginning of this thread because I didn't realize how massive the crossover actually was, haha.

Should make for an interesting install though, I'm sure I'll figure something out!

Thanks again!

:thanx:

Ok, so.. I finally got these installed.

I'm running them off a Sundown 125.2 and with a Pioneer 3300BT HU.

I ended up fabricating some adapters. The stock 5x7 location now holds the tweeter and 3" mid. The stock 8" location holds the 6.5", and the crossovers are mounted inside the doors.

First thoughts... when installing, the connectors on the crossover seem to be made for possibly 8 gauge wire? This made it a little difficult to get 16 gauge speaker wire to stay connected without pulling out. The screws actually cut the wire once because I tightened them too much. Another time, the wire for the tweeter must have pulled out after I got the door panel reinstalled. Needless to stay, I'm getting pretty quick at removing and replacing the door panels on my Mustang, ha.

The sound is good overall, although I did have an issue with one of the 6.5" drivers getting too much bass. When the volume is turned up to 18 (out of like 50 I think) the passenger side 6.5 develops a nasty nasty buzz. At first I thought it was the factory speaker grill being hit but after pulling it all apart, it ended up being the speaker itself. I'm not sure if it's a bad driver or not, but the build quality is very beefy and seems well put together, so I don't think that the speaker itself is being pushed past its limit. Especially since it's only 1 of them that does this. My HU has a built in crossover, and setting the HPF to 80hz gets rid of the buzz, at least until much higher volume levels. I'm not sure if this is the final solution, but it's a working stop-gap for now.

I do wish the 6.5's came with grilles, but that's a very minor point.

For the price that I bought these at, they are a very solid set of components. If I had paid anywhere close to MSRP, they'd probably be going back to the store as I was just not 1500 dollars worth of impressed.

Just my opinion, and YMMV.

Edited by rshay

Have you triple checked the polarity is correct on that driver?

Have you triple checked the polarity is correct on that driver?

I can pull it out and double check that again tomorrow.

That would be awesome if it was something as simple as that.

Is it possible that would cause the buzzing sound though?

When I was trying to track down the sound earlier, it would go away if I placed by thumbs on the outter rubber surround and started again when I took them off. Nothing looks ripped, torn, etc. Physically the speaker looks perfect. It almost sounds like the carbon fiber cone is vibrating against the metal plug in the center, except the gap is equal all the way around when the cone is not in motion, so that looks fine as far as I can tell.

There seems to still be a good amount of interest on these around the net. We only have a few left, and once they are gone, that is it as in no more period.