Jays04TSX-E

2 3500's to 0.25

I have 2 ns v.2 12's D2 and 2 3500s strapped to 1 ohm. How ballzy must 1 be to strap to 0.5 for 0.25 each? Would there be a good db gain?

In the lanes, never know till you try.

only for burps and having seen efficiency specs @1ohm.. wiring that low, your efficiency is probably going to be in the mid 60% range if not lower.

So.. u better have a LARGE ass battery bank.. like 3 G31s on that wiring config if u seriously expect to see a good gain.

I did 2 4500's strapped @ 0.5ohm! each amp seen 0.25 before rise. Big diff. over 2ohm strapped I had to roll the vol. to keep the amps from clipping out. I did 10,332 watts @ 1.10 ohm and @ 11.9 volts. (only allowed 3 batterys in my class) So I say go for it! Good luck man.

Thanx for the replies. I think I'll try it. I have an XS5100 up front, and 3 Deka 9a31s in the back with an upgraded alternator, so I think it will b okay voltage wise, I just didnt know if it would clip the amps. This is really my only drastic change left 2 do to get that extra 4 db, but hell, who aint needin 4 more db?!

Be careful, that's a lot of power/money to be playing with. Sell the 3500s and get bigger amps to be safe?

Be careful, that's a lot of power/money to be playing with. Sell the 3500s and get bigger amps to be safe?

I love the 3500s, the only other way i'd consider goin would be 2 4500s. I just want 2 see if i can do 150 with this set up before I change set ups.

Have you ever calculated your box rise? 0.25 ohm is getting pretty damn iffy if it's a daily system, burps you should have no problems.

Have you ever calculated your box rise? 0.25 ohm is getting pretty damn iffy if it's a daily system, burps you should have no problems.

No, to be honest, I dont know how 2 do that. My main goal is to break 150 in the lanes. I want to put terminals on the outside of the box, so i could wire it back to 1 ohm for daily use. I dont listen to it above 1/2 volume anyway on a daily basis. The only time it would be wired to 0.25 would be for a burp.

No, to be honest, I dont know how 2 do that. My main goal is to break 150 in the lanes. I want to put terminals on the outside of the box, so i could wire it back to 1 ohm for daily use. I dont listen to it above 1/2 volume anyway on a daily basis. The only time it would be wired to 0.25 would be for a burp.

Easiest way to to do the wiring is to use threaded rod and wire each coil seperately then you can wire it on the outside of the box how you want.

There should be some topics here on SSA measuring box rise.

Easiest way to to do the wiring is to use threaded rod and wire each coil seperately then you can wire it on the outside of the box how you want.

There should be some topics here on SSA measuring box rise.

Ok, thanks for the info.