Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

me in the box during a 60Hz blast, gangsters walk right in garage VIDS

So one sub was clipping when I was pushing the limits for prefect finaly motivating me to re-gain match. 3 of them are easy to move, 2 extremely easy :( clipping sub voltage was 17.9 lowest sub was 9.8 :(

testing the 60Hz tone to make sure iPOD would play it

in the box with DMM

still in the box, i have her blast 60Hz again after gains matched, some dudes walking by walk in my side garage door (big door down, its cold today)

gave the gangstaz a demo

now it really looks like the ghetto, neighborhood clean up, cops getting thicker every day as the weather gets nicer and more crazies come out

Crazies do that all summer long, ask if I got weed or know anyone that wants some... sit on my front porch and drink beer on their way home from the liquor store while I am in the back and have no idea. People have tried walking in my house before and yelling in woindows.

Haha, that guy walking into your garage was sketch. :lol2: What woofers and amp are you using? Sounds good. :fing34:

thanks man! Notice I didnt even flinch, that was every day 20 times a day last summer while building :D

AP30001Ds (4) and Fi reconed Blue Print Audio 1803 18's

Crazies do that all summer long, ask if I got weed or know anyone that wants some... sit on my front porch and drink beer on their way home from the liquor store while I am in the back and have no idea. People have tried walking in my house before and yelling in woindows.

Haha that's ridiculous man, Where do you live?

I remember I was playing baseball once and I knocked the ball over the fence into the neighbors front yard, I made it about 4 ft into his yard before he came out running what I was doing lol.

@Topic Nice setup you got going on, did you finish tuning your system? couldn't tell by the vids.

Sioux Falls, SD, very much a safe place to be... but I live in the "bad" aort of town, it's really not too bad but it's active. Two cops minimum drive by real slow every 5 minutes on a slow day. On a busy day theres 5-15 cruisers, fire trucks, ambulances, the whole works... pretty sure a few days ago there was a stabbing or sopmething 2 blocks away, 5 cruisers and an ambulance were there a while before the stretcher came out. if it was a heart attack or storke, one or 2 cruisers and one gone in 15 minutes, other stays for paperwork. All 5 stay an hour or more, something happened.

Its always being worked on, tonight I am up to something... should have some images up by the AM :)

I would have handled the situation with the vagrants differently. But to each his own.... Some competitors set their amps and super glue their settings, just a thought.....

thanks man! Notice I didnt even flinch, that was every day 20 times a day last summer while building :D

Nice, I have the same amplifier on one Fi BTL N2 18, working on a vid, i do not have a camera, so I have been trying to get footage together from a buddy with a Nikon, too bad both of us work, so Saturday is the next time we will meet up.

Nice, I have the same amplifier on one Fi BTL N2 18, working on a vid, i do not have a camera, so I have been trying to get footage together from a buddy with a Nikon, too bad both of us work, so Saturday is the next time we will meet up.

looking forward to it. considering supergluing gains still, warranty issue, adjusting in the future issue?

On my various threads over time Ive had talk of "the hood" and my intended to be humorous vids like "I like being misunderstood, I'm from the hood".

Every day thoughout each day theres usually two to five incidents requiring one to four cruisers within 1 block to my south, west, and east... but to the north 1 block, the crack spot and prostitution spot, there is constant cruiser, undercover, SUV, fire truck, and ambulance activity.

Tonight thoigh, on their 2nd trip for the day to the same apartment for the same guy, different friends of his, there were 7 cruisers, 1 SUV, 1 large fire truck, and an ambulance. Last night was blood and a neighbors door getting pummeled, someone thrown down stairs, today windows kicked out and some arrests made.

I had to snap pics this time when i walked out into most of the vehicles, the SUV showed after I snapped pics.

CIMG4485.jpg

CIMG4486.jpg

CIMG4488.jpg

CIMG4489.jpg

Wow man looks like a busy hood. And i certainly would not like someone just walking up and getting in my vehicle. I would have flipped! Looking good though man!! I love how you just climb into your port and work on the system!!! I find it hilarious!

couldn't you use just a dab of hot glue? so that way it would hold it but not permanently damage the gain nob and if anything goes wrong or needs adjustment you could always peel it off just a though..?

couldn't you use just a dab of hot glue? so that way it would hold it but not permanently damage the gain nob and if anything goes wrong or needs adjustment you could always peel it off just a though..?

good idea! Still worried about anything starting as liquid then solidifying as it could drip or seep too far in before hardening, even fiberglass resin as it would chip back off fairly easy and leave no residu.

good idea! Still worried about anything starting as liquid then solidifying as it could drip or seep too far in before hardening, even fiberglass resin as it would chip back off fairly easy and leave no residu.

Maybe try a wire tie . Trim it with a razor blade to give it a long bevel , then hold your gain still and try to wedge it in beside it . The plastic is really strong and even if you don't get it super tight , friction should keep it from backing down . At least there is no liquid involved , or heat either . Just a thought , sorry if its out of line .

well Ill start with sending the amp back that was very hard to turn the gains on... it was blown! No wonder I had so much trouble trying to get it to match the other 3.

Once I get it back i think i will just crawl back in there every once in a while, disconnect the subs, and re-gain match and write the numbers down. After a few times of that over a few days/weeks to see if and how much they are re-adjusting, Ill see if anything needs done at all.

To be honest, i dont know if there was a problem with the gains moving at all or not in the first place. I never gain matched them in the beginning. For the longest time I had the gains OFF, all the way down, and for some soings I had the deck sub level set to 0 as well... the benefit of seriouse headroom. As the subs broke in, though, I found the HU level slowly creeping up and up till I had it maxed at 15 for some tracks. So I brought them all to 1/3rd gain. Then 1/2. Then about 3/4 where they sit now.

I know thats not the right way to do it, but see thats just it...I cant and wont do anything the "right way" :)