jamesjmg30

Dual 12" L7's ?

Ok so I was wondering how well do Kicker L7's hold up. I'm not looking for great SQ or the Loudest, just a good in between that isn't extremely expensive. 2 12" L7 2ohm or 2 12" L7 4 ohm is what I was thinking. Also are Hifonics amps decent? they seem to be cheap... but is it just another "you get what you pay for" deal?

or if you could recommend something else all together, I am use to lower quality/ older style MTX, Sony etc.

If you decide to run Kicker Subs (I've always had good experiences with L7s), Then I would suggest running Kicker Amps too ... Just my suggestion here bro ... :drink40:

What is your budget for amp and subs ?

L7 are not so bad, they get loud and low if they're in a big enough box !

yes id go with the l7's. i JUST bought the new 2011 style L7 15 (1) and put it in a 4.7CF ported box tuned to 37Hz on a kicker zx1500.1 and it WANGS low and hard. u can pick up l7 12's fairly cheap on ebay.com. i also recommend running kicker subs on a kicker amp. GL on the system

What is your budget for amp and subs ?

L7 are not so bad, they get loud and low if they're in a big enough box !

I don't really have a budget for audio yet, I start my new job monday, so I hope to buy all my audio stuff around this time next month. The more I think about it, the less I want to spend lol, but I guess under $700 for amp and subs, I will be getting a new head unit, and probably some infinity speakers also.

So it seems that most agree that kicker subs +kicker amp is the way to go...

Hifonics will work for your application without a doubt. For subs, if youre trying to keep your budget down, u may want to check out some drivers like ia 187s etc. Two 12s will sound great in the right box and you will save some money on an amp since the drivers have a low power rating.

Yea l7s are pretty good I had 2 12s in my bmw back in the day only thing is the corners rip after a while

L7s sound fine, but they are pricey...

What's your budget for subs, amp, and possibly upgraded electrical?

L7s sound fine, but they are pricey...

What's your budget for subs, amp, and possibly upgraded electrical?

refer to post 5, <$700 for amp+subs, also will be buying headunit, and possibly infinity speakers

I think for your budget you could do better. Are you set on kicker l7s?

I think for your budget you could do better. Are you set on kicker l7s?

no, I'm open to any suggestions

L7s have a higher power handling then fi ssds but your going to be hard pressed trying to find an amp that does rated for the l7s and within your budget.

Ill edit my post later. I have to run out the door

Okay so, depending on year of L7s, or new or used, you could spend anywhere from what $300 to 400 per driver, thats your whole budget. Their rated for 1500watts, so you'd want to give them 3000watts.

Your not going to be able to afford a true 3000watt amp, two l7s within your budget, much less any electrical upgrades (that would be needed to sustain 3kw).

SSA Icons are great, but out of stock.

Fi BLs are sorta outta your budget, starting around 300 per driver, and shipping...

I was talking about fi ssds earlier, but forgot their redoing them too, just like the icons...

Would you buy used, or possibly find new drivers for sale from forum members?

On stock electrical I wouldn't try running anything bigger then a 1500watt amp, even 1500watts is pushing it, but it would give you some headroom for future upgrades.

L7s have a higher power handling then fi ssds but your going to be hard pressed trying to find an amp that does rated for the l7s and within your budget.

Okay so, depending on year of L7s, or new or used, you could spend anywhere from what $300 to 400 per driver, thats your whole budget. Their rated for 1500watts, so you'd want to give them 3000watts.

Your not going to be able to afford a true 3000watt amp, two l7s within your budget, much less any electrical upgrades (that would be needed to sustain 3kw).

Fi BLs are sorta outta your budget, starting around 300 per driver, and shipping...

I was talking about fi ssds earlier, but forgot their redoing them too, just like the icons...

On stock electrical I wouldn't try running anything bigger then a 1500watt amp, even 1500watts is pushing it, but it would give you some headroom for future upgrades.

Well the links I posted, had 2 kicker 12" L7's in a kicker box, 2 or 4 ohm, they are priced right under $500 New. This is why I asked about them, also 12" L7's are rated at 750rms each. That makes a combined total of 1500rms watts needed in an amp. As for the big 3 upgrade, I plan on putting more money into my system as time goes on like I said, I am starting a new job monday that is stable and pays well.

I think I will go with new, less issues to worry about + having a warranty is always nice

Well the links I posted, had 2 kicker 12" L7's in a kicker box, 2 or 4 ohm, they are priced right under $500 New. This is why I asked about them, also 12" L7's are rated at 750rms each. That makes a combined total of 1500rms watts needed in an amp. As for the big 3 upgrade, I plan on putting more money into my system as time goes on like I said, I am starting a new job monday that is stable and pays well.

I think I will go with new, less issues to worry about + having a warranty is always nice

Sorry I didn't see that link, I must be looking at some different kicker drivers or something, I'm actually off on a lot of things today, too much stuff lol.

I would definitely get the right equipment the first time, and slowly upgrade electrical as you can afford it, as opposed to switching drivers and amps several months down the road.

I think I'll revisit your thread tomorrow when I have a clear head.

Try some of the incriminator lethal injections they're not to expensive and there rated at 600 rms get an audio pipe amp for 1200watts and you would be straight

Edited by steveo50

If you plan on "putting more into your system as time goes on" I would get a single Fi BL or BTL or similar 1500+ watts RMS sub. That way when you can upgrade, you can simply buy another amp, sub, and electrical and you have upgraded without having to sell your equipment.

^I agree with the last two posts any of them would be a better option than L7s^

i mean lets not hate on l7's too hard. if they are as bad of subs as everyone here says they are, then why does everyone buy them? sure, there are better subs but in the price range for a l7 (250) you cant get much louder without spend more money. i was looking for 1 sub for my truck and it had to be a 15. i was looking at the sundown sa 15, the l7, re audio sx... i went with the l7 and to be honest, i couldnt be happier. i wanted to be loud but i only could afford 1 15 and the l7 fit the discription. the SA (i was told) has med. SQ and med. SPL. but like i said, i only could afford 1 15 and i wanted to be loud. it flexxes my windows, mirrors, and my CB ( yess i said CB) antennas without a problem. and its SQ isnt all that bad. better than i expected. i have a kicker zx1500.1 on it with the gain set at about half and it pushes it fine. but thats just me bro. GL on ur system!

I'm not hating I used to have 2 12s there good but I get one 12 ia and its ungodly louder that's y I think the way I do. No offense to ppl that have them.

Thanks for all the input guys. I know its been awhile and some things came up and so far all I have done is get a new head unit and put my old sony in the boat. I still like the L7's, I think that is going to be the plan. Is the zx1500.1 the best way to go for an amp, or is there a cheaper option that is just as good? I asked about Hifonics Brutus amps, but I don't want my subs to be underpowered.

Thanks again.

Edited by jamesjmg30

These woofers will fit your budget much better and most likely out perform the L7 in every single way and you can get 4 for the price of 2 L7's.

http://www.audioque.com/Street-Duty-SDC25-12-D4-Subwoofer_p_11.html

true 1200+w rms amp if you do 2 woofers.

http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

True 2200+w rms amp if you do 4 woofers.

http://www.audioque.com/AQ2200D-Amplifier_p_31.html

There are several options suggested here that would be great for your application

Sa-12 -$195

vvx12 -$170

fi ssd 12 (personally own a 10" and its amazing) -$194

SSA icon 12 -$260

IA Lethal Injection 12 -$190

there arent any louder subs than L7s.

NOTHING IS LOUDER THAN A L7

The Funkypup!?