jaynanspl

Jay's 79 Burban 12-12's in a 4thorder..

This build will not be a rushed one.. I want to take my time, cause I rushed my last build. I have learned alot of stuff from other forums, but from the little time I have been looking at the amazing builds here..

I know I will be busy soon getting this beast running before any audio goes in, but I have also been working on some ideas.. It's not for sure cause if I can get to it I have been in contact with Mike Singer to design me a 4thorder for 12 12's.. I probably will be using some Alpine type R's (older models swr-1242d) for awhile until funds allow me to go further.. Mike said that using the alpines would not be a bad thing cause they do so well in sealed enclosures..

From what I have seen here, you guys are the 4thorder experts..I would like any advice or ideas anyone has..

Any ideas as far as audio is welcome. I have not ruled out using, DC, SUNDOWN, or even SKAR AUDIO...

Not sure what amps I will be using either.. any idea?

Thanx Guys

Jay

This is the Big Beast That will be the victim of my torture..

DSCF0822.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

Photo0077.jpg

This Is the outer frame I came up with to get the idea of the room i have to work with.. This will be behind the second seat.. I want it to still have the 5 seats.

Burbasorus2.jpg

You did not give your actual goal for this setup or the power that you are planning on using. If working on a budget for this setup maybe you could consider 12 12" DCONs. These subs seem to always get over looked because of their lower rms rating, but used as a fleet I think they would be great!! Just a thought...

I have not thought about the dcons.. thats now on my list of choices..

I was alittle tired today but made alittle vid.. and forgot how to embed a vid again..noob.giflol.gif

http://youtu.be/F10in2VhPq0

I have not thought about the dcons.. thats now on my list of choices..

I was alittle tired today but made alittle vid.. and forgot how to embed a vid again..noob.giflol.gif

There you go! Use the insert media tab.

Its been awhile since I have updated over here.. I know I put the vidz i wrong again, but everytime I use the media tab it never works right..

Jay

Its been awhile since I have updated over here.. I know I put the vidz i wrong again, but everytime I use the media tab it never works right..

Jay

Address of page inserted into the media selection.

It's Alive!!!

Hey guys just alittle small update.. got the final layer up for the headliner.. that means the enclosure will start soon :peepwall:

Jay

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0104.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0102.jpg

What was the decision on the subs??? Tuned in for the build!

Well guys while I'm waiting for more funds to continue, I have been remeasuring everything that I think will work better for me and what I need.. I need your guys thoughts and opinions..

Resized to 86% (was 1022 x 500) - Click image to enlargeJays4thorderBuild2frt.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1022 x 500) - Click image to enlargeJays4thorderBuild2bk.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1022 x 500) - Click image to enlargeJays4thorderBuild2-1.jpg

Design looks cool to me. The first pic says "port will fire over rear seat"- How's that gonna fit behind the rear seat??? The older Burbs must have more space than I remember. :trippy:

I'm still hoping those 12 holes are for DCONS!!!!!

I will be watching this build! Good luck and have fun :)

As far as subs I would use the SA series from Sundown for your application. SA had been proven in hundreds of installs to handle really any amount of power, get crazy loud and sound good.

I honestly have not heard anything about DCON other than a few installs on this forum. It doesnt't mean that it isn't a good driver...

As far as amps, I like Crescendo. Good power, good price.

I did alittle dry fit just to see how shes going to look.. .. This is just the outer shell..she has more layers to come..yahoo.gif

View from the back

Photo0106.jpg

front view.. I know the gap is ugly but that will have more bracing and foamed up..

Photo0107.jpg

With the back seats up so I can check clearance..

Photo0108.jpg

Photo0109.jpg

I also vote for Dcons

Well I had to get back at it.. I know life will get better, but losing any body either ( person or animal ) sucks.. This will help my mind..

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0110.jpg

Some Updated Progress.. yahoo.gif

Strength Test.

Some Updated Progress.. yahoo.gif

Strength Test.

Video page address inserted into media tab:

Looks good n stout :drink40: good job, let's see some more progress.

A few pics.. not much alittle of the same.. I have only 3 more added pieces then I can start the sub baffle placement..

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0111.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0114.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0113.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0112.jpg

Well I did get some stuff done today.. Not as much as I wanted but still progress.. everything is just dry fit..

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0131.jpg

Resized to 86% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlargePhoto0132.jpg

Hey guys, had a talk with mike about my build and he said that Im on the right track with everything so far..:woot: I told him this was the specs so far..well with having 6 subs per side, i made the sealed side on each side alittle less than 6cu total.. and the ported will be 2cu per sub.. he said to stick with that. Should hammer and play nice and wide.. so i got the green light to proceed from the expert..:lol:

Hey guys, had a talk with mike about my build and he said that Im on the right track with everything so far..:woot: I told him this was the specs so far..well with having 6 subs per side, i made the sealed side on each side alittle less than 6cu total.. and the ported will be 2cu per sub.. he said to stick with that. Should hammer and play nice and wide.. so i got the green light to proceed from the expert..:lol:

Looks good! Can't wait to see it playing...I'm doing a similar build this fall

Looking Good!!! Do Work!!!