im doing the big 3 with 2 gage but should i ren the - from the batt to stock ground or to a better spot?

I kept my stock ground and added a 1/0 ground from battery to strut tower. If you have doubts you can chevk your ground location with a dvm. Choose a location with the least resistance. As always remove paint and grim, metal to metal contact is a must.

Depends what the stock ground looks like, if it is sufficient then go with it. Remember to remove paint from the stock ground if it hasnt been already.

yea the stock ground looks kinda weak thank you for the reply

also i dont want to remove the stock grounds can i just add these wires in

Yes!

thats what i did. :popcorn:

That's perfectly fine, since electricity takes the path of least resistance it will literally "choose" what ground is better! (I think)

Yes!

Yes this is the best thing to do just in case you grounds you add in suck.. LOL which they probably wont and should you want to pull out the big three to sell the car later its simple no need to redo anything.

sweet well i just got done with making the wires now its time to do all the grounds and ill be putting in the alt to positive another time i dont have a fuse for it yet thank you very much

Well I didn't realize I needed another batt terminal for the neg so I could fit the 2gage and went to the local shop to get one and wow what a surprise the dude is a dick but he did have one and he charged me 25 bucks for it

Well I didn't realize I needed another batt terminal for the neg so I could fit the 2gage and went to the local shop to get one and wow what a surprise the dude is a dick but he did have one and he charged me 25 bucks for it

It's always nice to be able to pay the local shop double the price. :(

Yea and be treated like I'm a retard but the system seems to be a little louder and the volts on my stock meter don't go under 14 I'm not sure how accurate it is tho

Edited by steveo50

sweet well i just got done with making the wires now its time to do all the grounds and ill be putting in the alt to positive another time i dont have a fuse for it yet thank you very much

I don't fuse my alt + to battery. What if the fuse blows, and you don't notice? the alt is making all this power and has nowhere to go, burns up and starts a fire! It's a long shot, but that's how i do it.

That's ridiculous. Terminals here a 5$ a pair everywhere here. Is it an ultra special pure platinum terminal? :P

O yea I wish it looks like a 5 dollar part that's like gold plated