bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Battery Delimma Help please!!

Hello everyone, Ok so im thinking about adding a second battery in my car in the trunk to maintain voltage drop. right now iv got a red top under the hood, about to do the big 3 and a 120a stock alt with a rockford t10000bdcp and a alpine pdx f4. Im planning on getting a kenetik hc800 in the back to add a little more power to my electrical. What i was wanting to know is would this work properly and just add power to my electrical or will it burn out my alt or anything?? i know iv heard of people adding a battery with a stock alt and was thinking it would be fine because i really dont want to spend 600 on a ho alt right now. my local stereo shop says i need a bigger alt and it wont work but it is a 120a alt and adding a lil hc800 isnt really drawing that much more power. so please any advise on this topic will greatly affect my decision. Thanks FI!!

That should work fine. What's your voltage drop right now? You might not even need an Additional battery.

right now i have a massive 2 farad cap and when im playing a hard hitting song at 3/4 volume with car at idle it will read 14.6 and drop at the most to 14.1, but like i have a little headlight dimming and my windows get slow and i kinda just want to be able to play my stereo at least a little bit with the car off while like waiting for someone in a store or something cuz i always leave my car running so it doesnt die cuz i really dont know how fast it will die. i guess i just want to be a lil safer and also my amp gets pretty hot to that might take a lil stress off of the electrical

right now i have a massive 2 farad cap and when im playing a hard hitting song at 3/4 volume with car at idle it will read 14.6 and drop at the most to 14.1, but like i have a little headlight dimming and my windows get slow and i kinda just want to be able to play my stereo at least a little bit with the car off while like waiting for someone in a store or something cuz i always leave my car running so it doesnt die cuz i really dont know how fast it will die. i guess i just want to be a lil safer and also my amp gets pretty hot to that might take a lil stress off of the electrical

If your voltage is only dropping to low 14s you are fine then. Unless you want to spend the extra money, its up to you. This is what I would do.. Do the big three and then monitor your voltage and see if your headlights are still dimming. Then make the decision from there.

Get rid of the cap and do a battery. Caps just dont cut it.

Hello everyone, Ok so im thinking about adding a second battery in my car in the trunk to maintain voltage drop. right now iv got a red top under the hood, about to do the big 3 and a 120a stock alt with a rockford t10000bdcp and a alpine pdx f4. Im planning on getting a kenetik hc800 in the back to add a little more power to my electrical. What i was wanting to know is would this work properly and just add power to my electrical or will it burn out my alt or anything?? i know iv heard of people adding a battery with a stock alt and was thinking it would be fine because i really dont want to spend 600 on a ho alt right now. my local stereo shop says i need a bigger alt and it wont work but it is a 120a alt and adding a lil hc800 isnt really drawing that much more power. so please any advise on this topic will greatly affect my decision. Thanks FI!!

?Upgrade stock battery to a agm type battery would help.

yea i was planning on getting rid of it soon after i do my big 3. yea i think i will just hold off on the extra battery for now until i see what the big 3 does. i was just wondering if it would work with what im trying to do cuz i really dont want to buy a ho alt so if my stock one will do the job between the redtop and the hc800 without problems then that would be great cuz i am running about 1500 rms from sub amp and 400 from mid/high amp.

?Upgrade stock battery to a agm type battery would help.

I no longer have a stock battery, i have a redtop under the hood and im about to do the big 3 and take out the cap and was wondering if my 2,000 watts rms would be too much for what i have or do i need another battery without buying a h.o alt

hey and also i was wondering my h/u preouts are 2.2 volts and i have a 12" fi bl, i was wondering if i use a dmm to adjust the gains what number or formula am i looking for. i know it has something to do with the fs of the sub or maybe not maybe the vas, i really dont know but i want to properly adjust the gain cuz i dont think doing it by ear is good cuz every song is different with less or more bass and i want to get it right. so what do i do with the dmm and what numbers am i looking for?

hey and also i was wondering my h/u preouts are 2.2 volts and i have a 12" fi bl, i was wondering if i use a dmm to adjust the gains what number or formula am i looking for. i know it has something to do with the fs of the sub or maybe not maybe the vas, i really dont know but i want to properly adjust the gain cuz i dont think doing it by ear is good cuz every song is different with less or more bass and i want to get it right. so what do i do with the dmm and what numbers am i looking for?

anyone know anything about tuning with a dmm??

Turn the deck to the loudest volume you play at it. Then just turn the gain up 'till you hear/see/smell some distress from the sub and/or your electrical is dropping below 12.5 ish. From there turn it down to where you feel everything will be safe.

yes iv always done it by ear but buy ear i have no idea what the max or limit of the sub is who knows i could have the gain way too high up or it could do so much more i just dont know and every song is different so tuning by ear is kinda hard unless you put on the song with the most bass, i dont see whats wrong with doing it with a dmm if i already have one i just dont know what numbers im looking for like whats the formula.

Search function :P

Just do the big 3 and take out that cap. You may be fine without a secondary battery.

For example : I added one HC 1200 in my trunk, and now I can listen to music with the car off, without voltage droping under 12.4 v ! With only the stock batt it would drop to 12 v very fast. I don't turn the volume high with engine off, maybe at half (20 on 40 on my Pioneer h u).