Sign in to follow this  
Sencheezy

Troubles Understanding the N series

Hello,

So there has seem to be some confusion lately about the N series, and I wanted to start a topic to clear things up for the normal users who may or may not know what to buy. So could anybody that either works at F.i, or anybody that has and tested any of their N series equipment, please explain their use and purpose clearly.

For example, what is the difference between the BTL N1, and the BL for instance. Why so many different lines and different job specific equipment that may confuse the consumer or may be overwhelmed by so many options? As of right now, the website has 6 total different lineups, and if you include the BTL series, you have a grand total of 9. At what point, does it become too much to offer a normal consumer. I loved my BTL gen 2, and I just so happend to buy it off of CL. So at this moment, if I never joined the forums, or was not Car Audio tech suave, I would not know any better then to just buy the highest number, assuming that it was the BEST that F.i has to offer. But in reality, F.i highly recommends the N2 over the N3, in a daily scenerio.

So another question is, why not make that known to the consumers on the first page of the BTL? I understand that the first sentence is "The BTL-N3 series is designed with SPL applications in mind". But what if I don't know exactly what is SPL, what if to me, SPL means the loudest, and take it as thats exactly what I'm looking for because it says "the BTL-N3 Series is the latest weapon in our arsenal directed towards competition use."? Given the fact that sure, it must take an idiot to think those words means for daily, but that brings up another question. As a company, F.i, whom are your consumers that you are targeting? Are you targeting people that are MECA ready, or are you aiming for users that are still wet behind the ear?

These are just some of thoughts that go through MY head when I read post regarding the use of the N3. I understand that you guys don't recommend users to use the N3 in a daily setup, then why not say those exact words on the website before I noob buys something that they have no idea of what their getting into, buying random things with their mothers credit card thinking to themself, "wow, I've heard F.i was the best, so I'm going to buy the highest costing subwoofer that they have to offer.".

I hope that someone can share some light on this matter, and understands what I am trying to express as a die hard fan for F.i.

SPL is face value..this means competition geared in mind..higher motor force etc.

We've harped and harped and harped about the difference between the N2 and N3...there is a ton of information out there that says exactly what it is targeted towards. We do not feel that the N3 is ideal for daily driving and a musical scenario. It is geared for the guy who competes most of the time and is playing higher frequency stuff and not much if any music at all. This is not to say that it will not play music..because yes it will, it just yields a less then desirable response curve. Which..is where the N2 comes in.

The N2 is geared for daily driving and musical scenarios. The N3 is geared with SPL competitions in mind..it is focused on higher power handling and not so musical scenarios. It does not mean that it will sound horrible, but the frequency response graph yields a 'saddle shape' in the response curve and it does not peak and roll off like the N2 does.

The N1 has not been released, and will not be released until we are ready. It is not a BL alternative, but a light weight SQ oriented woofer with a long coil and high xmax and lower power handling (800-1000ish watt range)

When you come here this should not be your first rodeo...this stuff is focused for the DIY guy who is not doing things for the first time. Hence why lower series woofers have less options and ways of customization. When you get into the N2 and N3 range you should know what you are doing...2-3kw on a sub will nuke it in a heart beat. If you do not, I am sorry...it is up to you to figure out how to set things up properly. We put all of the information readily out there, if you do not watch the youtube videos and read the tech stuff..it is hardly our fault that you burned the sub up. You then get to pay for a recone to fix it and learned a lesson.

What you are seeing now is the very tip of the iceberg for what we can and will offer.

Keep in mind this is the DIY market, there is little coddling and hand holding here. If you want to be coddled that is what the AA brand is for, for retailers to walk you through every step of the way and do everything for you and you pay extra for that service that they offer. We are always available to email and ask questions about what would work best for a particular install. If you chose not to listen to us, it is not our problem..our guidelines are there as is the information.

SPL is face value..this means competition geared in mind..higher motor force etc.

We've harped and harped and harped about the difference between the N2 and N3...there is a ton of information out there that says exactly what it is targeted towards. We do not feel that the N3 is ideal for daily driving and a musical scenario. It is geared for the guy who competes most of the time and is playing higher frequency stuff and not much if any music at all. This is not to say that it will not play music..because yes it will, it just yields a less then desirable response curve. Which..is where the N2 comes in.

The N2 is geared for daily driving and musical scenarios. The N3 is geared with SPL competitions in mind..it is focused on higher power handling and not so musical scenarios. It does not mean that it will sound horrible, but the frequency response graph yields a 'saddle shape' in the response curve and it does not peak and roll off like the N2 does.

The N1 has not been released, and will not be released until we are ready. It is not a BL alternative, but a light weight SQ oriented woofer with a long coil and high xmax and lower power handling (800-1000ish watt range)

When you come here this should not be your first rodeo...this stuff is focused for the DIY guy who is not doing things for the first time. Hence why lower series woofers have less options and ways of customization. When you get into the N2 and N3 range you should know what you are doing...2-3kw on a sub will nuke it in a heart beat. If you do not, I am sorry...it is up to you to figure out how to set things up properly. We put all of the information readily out there, if you do not watch the youtube videos and read the tech stuff..it is hardly our fault that you burned the sub up. You then get to pay for a recone to fix it and learned a lesson.

What you are seeing now is the very tip of the iceberg for what we can and will offer.

Keep in mind this is the DIY market, there is little coddling and hand holding here. If you want to be coddled that is what the AA brand is for, for retailers to walk you through every step of the way and do everything for you and you pay extra for that service that they offer. We are always available to email and ask questions about what would work best for a particular install. If you chose not to listen to us, it is not our problem..our guidelines are there as is the information.

Well this response definitely clears up a lot of things that may confuse or run away a user that has little or no experience at all. Since I understand your consumer base, it makes a lot of sense to me me know. Sorry for having you to keep repeating a lot of things, it just gets confusing for a simple guy to think they understand atleast a little, and then somebody goes ahead and does the opposite, and gets the results he/she wants. I was under the impression that the company F.i was open for the public, well for anybody at any skill range, since that is how I found you guys. Actually, if it wasn't for SMD, I probably would have never heard of your company. And now I see why, because this is a DIY stuff and not aimed for noobies.

Thanks for the response again, I was just simply trying to A: Get some understanding, and B: Express how a new guy/girl may feel once entering your website/company for the first time. I guess trying to come up with a reason why maybe some of your buyers end up with less than pleased results, as they may be unaware of what they are getting into, but I see that you already have a contingency plan for that, so no worries there.

Sign in to follow this