Sign in to follow this  
superman814

computer is slow after windows 7 install

my original hard drive was damaged, so i had a reputable guy whos done work for me in the past look into it, and he installed a new hard drive 32 bit system and the operating system is windows 7, but even thought the hard drive is new when i watch vids on you tube, they load very slow and buffer forever, they will play for 2-3 seconds then stop for about 10-30 seconds and again only play for a few seconds, with my old wore out hard drive i never had this problem, so im wondering if theres a setting i need to adjust or whats the deal?

sounds like an internet speed problem.

You can also turn off features that make the computer run a little better.

Something with graphix cant remember off the top of my head

sounds more like a browser or connection problem than a windows problem. just do what stefanhinote said and try a different browser.

try this to test for speed issues

http://www.speedtest.net/

i tryed updating firefox, then went with google chrome, and my flash player was current, and still very slow, even this forum is extremely slow..any other suggestions please?

When he reinstalled windows theres a good chance he didn't install your video drivers for your graphics card. This means it could be using generic drivers from windows, and causes page to be laggy when you scroll, etc.

Post your result from speedtest.net.

It does seem like a connection problem.