jonbearsmt

going active again!!! new questions

PDR or no PDR what is the difference? ..

i have read up and looked around quite a bit on these i think im gonna love them, but it seems as tho they will take aroud of playing around with to get them on axis just right, i have a few ideas on sticky tape or Velcro untill i get them set right,

some people are saying that the PDR sounds a little strange when close up.. and its better in an open room..

others are saying with PDR is the only way to go....

also i found a few good deals on these on home audio fourms i am not apart of... and i hate to start a user name on a site just to see if they ever sold the,.... so could a few of you guys check out any other sites you maybe on and see if anyone has some for a good price...

thanks guys for everything

Personally, I would probably go with non-PDR. The description says the PDR uses "progressive drive and radiation technology to improve upon the horizontal dispersion of the Neo3."

Now, think about where you are mounting them for a second. You are mounting them on the A-pillar, just above the dash. You are mounting them just above a reflective surface. Would you want improved horizontal dispersion in this circumstance? No, you wouldn't. You would want to minimize the horizontal dispersion. The sound emanated horizontally is simply going to reflect off of the dash back up into the primary wave. Increasing horizontal dispersion is simply going to increase reflections off of the dash to interfere with the sound.

th_2011-06-15_12-00-24_249.jpg

You got some huh?!

You got some huh?!

yes sir i did.. after you telling me about them i spent the rest of the night looking and reading and i pulled the trigger the next day.

they sound great!!! thanks a bunch!

You got some huh?!

yes sir i did.. after you telling me about them i spent the rest of the night looking and reading and i pulled the trigger the next day.

Just wait til you play with them some more. Once you get the pods built, you can stuff different amounts and types of material behind them to control damping and alter the sound. They really are versatile. That's their best attribute IMO. They're really efficient too so they don't need much power.

You got some huh?!

Just wait til you play with them some more. Once you get the pods built, you can stuff different amounts and types of material behind them to control damping and alter the sound. They really are versatile. That's their best attribute IMO. They're really efficient too so they don't need much power.

that is one thing im scared of... i would hate to over power them and blow them.. so i started very low. and have not put much to them at all im still tweeking here and there... i cant wait to get my pods done so i can start to get them in a HOME!!

man i just went to the store and popped in stevie ray vaughn good lord!!! the drums are so sharp from the8 inch mids, and the and those symbols sing so smooth thru these 3's wow... just wow,.. to hear him play those strings and they just come alive on my front stage ... lovin this!!!

thanks again

Nice!

Really happy you like em bro. Where did you end up crossing them over?