jonbearsmt

going active again!!! new questions

Bigjon ... By any chance you would be able to make the USACI event in Boosier City on the 11th ??

not looking good, i dont even know where that is .

1 sundown neo in the kick for midbass and 1 in the door for midrange would be cool and have a nice amount of output..imo

Just outside of shreveport ...

no sir wont make it

How low will those 8's play, I never did see a graph. If they wont play lower you will have to cross your sub up and let it help out on midbass a little bit.

I am pretty sure the Sundown mids will play up high enough to blend with a super tweeter, my mids do. Honestly, super tweeters get a bad rep because people don't know or dont care how to set them up and they are just too damn loud and sound like ass because people cross them over too low. Some like them loud as fuck and screaming. I dont, not at all. I have been told my tweeters are not bright/loud enough by more than a few people. LOL, Imagine that, not bright or loud enough......a super tweeter. Bwahaha :roflmao:

Do I have a SQ set up with PA mids a super tweeters? Hellz No~!! Does it sound really damn good? Yup Yup!

Dont let people scare you away from super tweeters. Just takes time and effort.

The biggest problem with supertweets is that most people use them like normal tweeters which they are not capable of doing. Sort of like using a pro audio mid for a midbass, exactly the same problem, just a different frequency range.

That being said, I have no experience with the Sundown Neo, nor have I seen specs on it yet to determine what it should be able to do. Recommending something to go with them is going to be tough without. Couldn't agree more though with this:

How low will those 8's play, I never did see a graph. If they wont play lower you will have to cross your sub up and let it help out on midbass a little bit.

which wouldn't be stellar for staging, but might be the easiest way to accomplish the goal of playing the whole frequency spectra nicely.

i got my sexy lil neopro 8's friday... i installed them today (Saturday) but im pretty suck im going to change up the install, i have not played them at all.. i have yet to wire up my amp, because im also dealing with another issue,

i also got a sundown 4500 and wow is this a heavy amp.. and its very large, but i have limited space. and trying to figure out a lay out that i can work with tuning wise.

i had a question, whats the take on the SEAS H254 1" Dome Tweeters

here are some specs

Dimensions & Weight: 1" Dome, 4 1/8" across; 3lbs. 6oz.

http://www.seas.no/images/stories/vintage/pdfdataheet/h254_1_dome.pdf

i got my sexy lil neopro 8's friday... i installed them today (Saturday) but im pretty suck im going to change up the install, i have not played them at all.. i have yet to wire up my amp, because im also dealing with another issue,

i also got a sundown 4500 and wow is this a heavy amp.. and its very large, but i have limited space. and trying to figure out a lay out that i can work with tuning wise.

i had a question, whats the take on the SEAS H254 1" Dome Tweeters

here are some specs

Dimensions & Weight: 1" Dome, 4 1/8" across; 3lbs. 6oz.

http://www.seas.no/images/stories/vintage/pdfdataheet/h254_1_dome.pdf

Where did you find that one? I've heard basically all of their drivers, but not that tweeter. It won't be loud enough though.

I think you will be going backwards Bro. You would have to turn down your mids because that tweeter wont be able to keep up. Going to need to look for something super efficient like your mids. Look at planer, super tweeters, or horns. Good luck finding a home or car tweeter been there done that.

I think you will be going backwards Bro. You would have to turn down your mids because that tweeter wont be able to keep up. Going to need to look for something super efficient like your mids. Look at planer, super tweeters, or horns. Good luck finding a home or car tweeter been there done that.

Planars and horns are excellent mids imo and often a supertweeter is used with them. Some planars and hlcd's can extend +16k though the roll off maybe steep.

If I were running pro mids I would use a large format tweeter. More than likely the pro mid is going to be door mounted. A large format tweeter can be crossed low to help keep the sound stage up high (assuming tweeter is mounted in sail/a-pillar/dash). Like all great drivers mounting a large format tweeter maybe an issue.

The Sundown neo's have decent xmax and should bang out some decent mid bass. I am sure a two way setup with these would sound good and be loud as phawk. I do wonder if these neo's have the pro audio mid sound. Hard to explain but you would know it if you heard it.

The Sundown neo's have decent xmax and should bang out some decent mid bass. I am sure a two way setup with these would sound good and be loud as phawk. I do wonder if these neo's have the pro audio mid sound. Hard to explain but you would know it if you heard it.

Wait, have you seen FS and XMAX specs? lol

I kid, I kid.

Some of that sound can be EQ, but I know exactly what your saying tho. When I was listening to other set up's and testing some drivers I was really second guessing the direction I was headed.

That said, with time and EQ you can get them to sound damn nice in a small area like a car. If these model like the B&C 8NDL51 that are said to be used as a reference there are a good many people using the 8's with horns for a SQ set up. That said, I think anyone with a loud sub stage should be looking at PA drivers and dont play the monkey see monkey do shit and put a door full in there, unless its a show car. It is not needed. Not at all.

will someone hold my friggin hand and show me some URL's to some options you guys would use in this situation. please...

im spending hours reading reviews and looking at tweeters that just dont seem to fit the bill.

thanks for helping me even though im a pain in the ass!

Please don't cut the door panel, it's a Lincoln. :)

I have some super tweeters sitting in boxes, Seleniums. (brand new) Pm if interested.

will someone hold my friggin hand and show me some URL's to some options you guys would use in this situation. please...

im spending hours reading reviews and looking at tweeters that just dont seem to fit the bill.

thanks for helping me even though im a pain in the ass!

BG Neo3s. Should go as high as you want, and given the proper damping on the rear, they will play well below what you would need given the Sundown driver. Make sure they are on-axis though. This should be easily attainable given you're desired mounting location. I don't think you're much concerned about SQ in it's literal sense either, at least that's what I get from your description. You just want clear and loud with the ability to hang with the subbass while not having the vocals at your feet.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=neo3&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=neo3&x=0&y=0

BG Neo3s. Should go as high as you want, and given the proper damping on the rear, they will play well below what you would need given the Sundown driver. Make sure they are on-axis though. This should be easily attainable given you're desired mounting location. I don't think you're much concerned about SQ in it's literal sense either, at least that's what I get from your description. You just want clear and loud with the ability to hang with the subbass while not having the vocals at your feet.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=neo3&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=neo3&x=0&y=0

You don't know how close I came to buying some BG Planers and glassing them into my A-pillars. I hope bigjon does get those so I can hear his thoughts.

Would have the surface area of a shit load of tweeters so it should have no problems getting loud.

Nooooooooo, I had to buy these and have the seller flake out on me when they showed up to me like this. Wish I had bought the BG. :angry2:

dscf29230880273.jpg

im about to pull the trigger on these BG's... but im looking at the flush mount cups, inorder to mount them in my A pillers... but people in the reviews are saying, thats its not worth it.. that they are not a flush mount., but a suface mount...

has anyone used these? will i need the flush mount caps?

i see they are only half inch thick, so i should have no problems making a MDF ring to mount,.... damn these fuckers are ugly.. they better sound good!!

i know im gonna have to watch my ass on these 20 watta RMS 50 watts max

I have used them several times and still have a pair in my closet for future use. I would only buy the mounting plates for use in a home audio setup. The nice thing is, you can change the damping behind the driver to control it's response. Like I said though, make sure you get them as on-axis as possible. They are very directional in their dispersion pattern. Your baffle design will also come into play.

PM Mrray13. He had a pair he was selling and he may still have them.

I'll repeat the on axis comment just to make sure the third times the charm

I'll repeat the on axis comment just to make sure the third times the charm

damn now this is somthing else that ill need advice on, i want to put them on the Apiller, down by the dash, im going to have them fiberglassed in,

what kinda axis am i looking at?aimed to the ears, in an X type pattren?

My advise would be to play around with it and find what you like, but just make sure you are pointing them at your ears and their is little to no blockage in the way.

PDR or no PDR what is the difference? ..

i have read up and looked around quite a bit on these i think im gonna love them, but it seems as tho they will take aroud of playing around with to get them on axis just right, i have a few ideas on sticky tape or Velcro untill i get them set right,

some people are saying that the PDR sounds a little strange when close up.. and its better in an open room..

others are saying with PDR is the only way to go....

also i found a few good deals on these on home audio fourms i am not apart of... and i hate to start a user name on a site just to see if they ever sold the,.... so could a few of you guys check out any other sites you maybe on and see if anyone has some for a good price...

thanks guys for everything

I've never had any strange sounds with mine. I would attribute it to the user's source material, but I don't have golden ears either. I don't recall the difference between the pdr and the regular model either, sorry.