merzbow

What amps for 4 (four) 1-ohm DVC Fi BTL 15s?

I want to push 8-10kw to 4 (four) 1-ohm DVC 15" Fi BTLs. (I'm too scared to go much above RMS, you freaks.) What are my options? The subs can be wired to 2ohms. I was originally planning to go with two strapped Sundown SAZ-4500ds but they are now discontinued and unavailable. I then almost ordered a Warhorse but at the last moment read the manual and it's got some fucked-up wiring scheme that means you can't hook up 4 1-ohm DVC subs. After that my options seems few and far between for this much power. :( Please suggest some amps that actually look like they might be in stock somewhere...

Edited by Merzbow

I want to push 8-10kw to 4 (four) 1-ohm DVC 15" Fi BTLs. (I'm too scared to go much above RMS, you freaks.) What are my options? The subs can be wired to 2ohms. I was originally planning to go with two strapped Sundown SAZ-4500ds but they are now discontinued and unavailable. I then almost ordered a Warhorse but at the last moment read the manual and it's got some fucked-up wiring scheme that means you can't hook up 4 1-ohm DVC subs. After that my options seems few and far between for this much power. :( Please suggest some amps that actually look like they might be in stock somewhere...

Firstly, do you have the electrical system to support this?

Yes, I'm going for a quad-alt setup. This will be in a Tahoe that I'm in the process of buying. Plus four D3100s and an S3400 in the front. Electrical will be no problemo...

Yes, I'm going for a quad-alt setup. This will be in a Tahoe that I'm in the process of buying. Plus four D3100s and an S3400 in the front. Electrical will be no problemo...

Awesome should be sick. Maybe check out Crescendo.

Yeah, the 3KWPs. Also discontinued and sold out. :( Every high-end amp company seems to be perpetually in the state of having discontinued and sold out all of its current inventory while indefinitely delaying their new amps. It's driving me insane.

4 audioque 2200d? stetsom? keep looking man, if ur in the process of buying the truck, you got some time to get the amps, gonna have a ton of work ahead of you, but should definitely slam

Alright how about this:

4 Kicker ZX2500.1. Bridge each pair of amps to 4 ohms, so each pair of amps can run a pair of subs (everything in series, equals 4 ohms per pair of subs). Use a Hifonics Maxx-Link for easy gain control. 10k watts total. Advantage with this setup is that these amps are WIDELY available and thus easily replaceable/repairable. Although not a "sexy" brand like Sundown these amps in particular seem to have a very good reputation. All things being equal I'd like the simplicity of two or even one amp but I just don't see it happening.

They are shipping their first shipment of the new amps. There is a thread on them somewhere on here, shouldn't be hard to find. Worth checkin' out.

4 audioque 2200d? stetsom? keep looking man, if ur in the process of buying the truck, you got some time to get the amps, gonna have a ton of work ahead of you, but should definitely slam

I was not aware of Stetsom. Two 5k2e bridged would be retarded loud, I'll have to call their dealer tomorrow to see what the price is.

I was not aware of Stetsom. Two 5k2e bridged would be retarded loud, I'll have to call their dealer tomorrow to see what the price is.

Meh, how could I have missed that SSA's store sells Stetsom amps? Also there is a store on eBay selling a shitload of Stetsom amps out of Miami at an even better price. As of now they are currently my first choice. Two 5k2e 1 ohm, each amp on a pair of woofers would work, I think (matching the gains exactly with a voltmeter).

If you have the budget : 4 Sundown saz 2500, they are in stock now ! 4 Rockford 2500, Kicker, 2 MTX TE 4000, Incriminator has good and powerful amps too !

Check Crescendo and DC audio : available now, and cheaper.

The choice is huge. What is your budget ?

Decided to go the easy route with 4 Kicker ZX2500s. SonicElectronix gave me a great deal on the 2011 model. And it does rated power at 2 ohms (which very few amps do), which I need for any 4-amp configuration against these subs. I looked into the Stetsoms and indeed they appear too good to be true, they have a very dodgy reputation.

Edited by Merzbow

Iirc, the kicker amps don't have adjustable subsonic filters... they are set to 28hz. I think that's Kicker. Can't remember. But that's why I wouldn't personally go with them but I DO want to see a build log!

If I wanted +10k wrms I would use Stetsom :)

Good luck!

Good luck!

I pulled up a bunch of very interesting threads on Stetsom amps on various forums where people were criticizing the design of the amps, and I have to agree... for example, their amps take at most single 1/0 power and ground up to the V 14K2... the 7K2 apparently consists of two amps internally connected by only 4 gauge wire... the conclusion by many was that these are SPL-only amps intended for 16v operation.

Good luck!

I pulled up a bunch of very interesting threads on Stetsom amps on various forums where people were criticizing the design of the amps, and I have to agree... for example, their amps take at most single 1/0 power and ground up to the V 14K2... the 7K2 apparently consists of two amps internally connected by only 4 gauge wire... the conclusion by many was that these are SPL-only amps intended for 16v operation.

Hmm I was interested in buying the 2k5e. I did minimal research and did not find anything alarming.

I do not think I will ever need over 5k wrms. Kinda weird to hear chit about Stetsom now. (Now meaning: last year I wanted Stetsom but decided to go a different route)

Edited by edouble101

Iirc, the kicker amps don't have adjustable subsonic filters... they are set to 28hz. I think that's Kicker. Can't remember. But that's why I wouldn't personally go with them but I DO want to see a build log!

Fixed at 25hz, it seems. Should be ideal for controlling cone excursion at all frequencies to a point significantly above RMS at my planned box tuning of 32hz, according to WinISD.

I have 4 AQ3500ds.

That is 14,000w @14.4v...

Message me if interested in all four of them..

I'm selling them because i upgraded...

thats a deal there with variable subsonic filters not stupid fixed shit.

Good luck!

Hmm I was interested in buying the 2k5e. I did minimal research and did not find anything alarming.

I do not think I will ever need over 5k wrms. Kinda weird to hear chit about Stetsom now. (Now meaning: last year I wanted Stetsom but decided to go a different route)

The 2k5e has 4 gauge power and ground. For an amp that can pull upwards of 200 amps. That is serious amateur hour engineering right there...

Check out Rockford Fosgate. Their Power amps put out full power at both 1 and 2 ohms. I once had a Sundown SAZ-3500D amp on two FI Q 15s. I absolutely hated the sundown amp. Compared to the Rockford BD amp, Sundowns class D amp sounded like crap. I went back to an RF T30001BD amp and I noticed a huge increase difference in sound quality. If you got one T2500-1bdCP amp per sub, it would sound amazing and hit hard. The T1500-1bdCP is not quite as powerful, but it will still pack a good punch while being a lot cheaper in price. You could have one of them per sub which would not be nearly as expensive as the larger amps, but all four amps would still put out over 6000 watts when combined. That should provide enough power to get very loud.

Edited by rizzo30