edouble101

Beating on my XCON 15

I have my amplifier's gain set around 2500wrms.

My commute to work is 50 minutes one way.

I have been pounding on my XCON now for about a month (atleast a full hour a day) with well over rated wrms. So far it sounds clean, no mechanical noise or distortion that I can hear. The cone does get warm but no stinky. No coil rub at all.

I need a recone due to a cosmetic flaw on my part. I accidently got expanding foam on the cone which has not affected anything but looks. So I figured on would pound on the sub and see what happens. So far the sub works flawlessly. 3" aluminum coil ftw.

Good job to SSA. There is no doubt in my mind that this sub will function beautifully for years on the rated 1750wrms.

nice man... I got me a sealed enclosure coming my way soon.... Re-doing wiring while I wait... Gonna install my second battery in the back and see where voltage at... Depending on that, I will get a better XS battery up front and maybe do a new stock alt since mine is def 8yrs old and burnt once....lol

denim might kick my butt for posting. Over wrms isnt recommended.

But 1750wrms all day everyday!

I have my amplifier's gain set around 2500wrms.

My commute to work is 50 minutes one way.

I have been pounding on my XCON now for about a month (atleast a full hour a day) with well over rated wrms. So far it sounds clean, no mechanical noise or distortion that I can hear. The cone does get warm but no stinky. No coil rub at all.

I need a recone due to a cosmetic flaw on my part. I accidently got expanding foam on the cone which has not affected anything but looks. So I figured on would pound on the sub and see what happens. So far the sub works flawlessly. 3" aluminum coil ftw.

Good job to SSA. There is no doubt in my mind that this sub will function beautifully for years on the rated 1750wrms.

Nice! I loved my Xcon 12's they moved surprisingly amounts of air and got loud while maintaining control and quality of accurate output.

I think this is one of the reasons for the Zcon. :peepwall: Either way good stuff man. I am definitely impressed with these drivers.

denim might kick my butt for posting. Over wrms isnt recommended.

But 1750wrms all day everyday!

Not surprising the Xcons are beasts, and the next run of Xcons will comprise of a cooling plug! :wub: