brmcm15

subs that will handle 3k under $300

want to do 2 12's that will handle 3k under $300

i was thinking about XFL's or sa-12's

need suggestions!

Buy some used higher end drivers. btls, nightshade, so forth.

The Sundown SA is a nice woofer, but its not built to handle 1500rms.

XFL isn't a bad choice, I'm not exactly sure of the power handling, a buddy of mine has a 15" and another buddy had 2 15"s I think. Regardless, 1500 is probably getting close to there limits.

Also, are you talking 300 total? Or each?

Finding a 150 dollar 1500RMS BNIB sub will be rather difficult honestly.

I have to ask... if you have such a low budget for 3kwatt subs, is you electrical up to par for 3kwatts?

big 3

260 amp alt

2 80ah batteries + beastly stock.

and $300 for both.

I can get the xfl's for dirty cheap but i just want to see what my other options are

You all will probably say these are junk. I would have no problem running these. Lanzar OPTI1233D

You all will probably say these are junk. I would have no problem running these. Lanzar OPTI1233D

They look well built, like they actually could handle 3kw vs some other stuff. I know lanzar made some killer amps (optidrive?) back in the day, I think? :ughdunno: I'm too young to remember lol.

They look well built, like they actually could handle 3kw vs some other stuff. I know lanzar made some killer amps (optidrive?) back in the day, I think? :ughdunno: I'm too young to remember lol.

Yep. Lanzar 50c. I heard this amp on four Opti 12's, in a rx-7, was nuts!

I owned two Opti 15's, loved them.

There's two JL Audio 12W7's for sale on ca c o, for 375. I believe they are rated around 1000watts each.

Your kinda walking into a ferrari dealership saying you got $45,000. Not quite enough for a ferrari but still enough to buy a very nice car. Oh and you wanted two ferraris :P

Not trying to be a dick, just seeing how it is.

I know for me, I've switched drivers over and over again, getting something better but not exactly what I wanted. Kept doing it over and over again once I saved enough money. If I had just waited a few more months from the beginning, I could have gotten what it took me a year to get.

Good luck, be sure to check your local craigslist.

Question, what kind of amp will you have for these 2 12's?

If you can get 12's that will handle an honest 3K for $300 a pair then I would jump on whatever deal your able to get.

Maybe contact PSI and see what Pink can do for you???

Edited by Sencheezy

I've some Lanzar 1533 D at work ! they can handle good power for sure. But it was an "spl" setup, with big amps on them. IIRC they hit a little over 150 db (2 15" I think, in a wal, and inverted !).

But I don't know their price and how they sound with a good tuning on music.

I've read somewhere someone saying they could be compared with Fi BTL's !!! On what level, I don't know at all !!!

Remember : You can easily find a single 15" sub with $300 for your 3000 watts, maybe a used sub though. (used Nightshade, btl,...etc)

Good luck OP ! Tell us what you find and decide.

Hit up aq they got some hdc3 12's for like 230 a piece, I just ordered their 18 hdc3 for 310 shipping included!

Is the goal truly to have subs that can take 3kW? What if they did, but had almost no output...

Can take and what they do with it are two completely different design goals and one makes sense the other, not so much.

Is the goal truly to have subs that can take 3kW? What if they did, but had almost no output...

Can take and what they do with it are two completely different design goals and one makes sense the other, not so much.

But the op doesn't care which one is more efficient, just that it can handle 3kw that it'll never actually see.

What are you going to use for an enclosure, pretty sure a pre-fab would crack and end up breaking. AQ does have some good deals look into their subwoofer line.

Double your price range and you will be able to find subwoofers for that amount of power no problem.

You never mentioned what your goals were, your musical preferences, or space requirements. No one can give you an accurate recommendation without that information. We can take a guess what it is your after running that sort of power but that is vital information to include in a thread like this.

I personally doubt you'll find a pair of subs that will take that kind of power and use it well. Anything you find with that budget will likely dissapoint, but without your goals I can't say for sure. Stefan gave you some great advice. Save up for what you really want. Its worth the wait.