eggyhustles

Help me pick my new sub stage

What are some of the benefits of firing forward?

If properly sealed from the trunk, your cabin volume would drop slightly, thus less room to pressurize, more cabin gain, more output :)

I've always read from quite a few people that when they fired forward, they had a little better sq.

Oh and your trunk shouldn't flex like a bitch, no nasty annoying ass trunk rattle :P

LOL, beat me to it...

yeah, what he said...... :P

:D

Another thing if you fire forward and seal, you can space it out a few inches from where the rear seats rest in the up position. Then if you have people in the back, just put your seats up and you can still play music (although it may be a bit quieter) and your drivers won't hit the seats. Then when no ones in the back, just have the seats down and let it rip. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Thanks guys

now that we have that out of the way, what about electrical? Can i get by with 1 320 amp alternator + 2 batteries? I'm gonna be using the leviathan for the front stage, and possibly a sundown 4500 for the xcons

Thanks guys

now that we have that out of the way, what about electrical? Can i get by with 1 320 amp alternator + 2 batteries? I'm gonna be using the leviathan for the front stage, and possibly a sundown 4500 for the xcons

Only one way to find out :P

I would definitely get the alternator and batteries, and the rest of your equipment, if bad voltage drop is present and you don't have the room / money for extra batteries, turn down the gain on the 4500d.

Or get a 3000d.

Also depends on which batteries your looking at. I would get the biggest batts you can fit / afford.

Thanks guys

Who makes a 320 for a Civic? I know most 4 cylinders have small belts and will slip with a alternator that big.

I don't see anything ricey on that car (from what we can see). It's lowered and has rims :ughdunno:

I like the forward firing xcons idea. I have heard (for my 1.6l honda) that belts start to slip if you get much larger than about 200 amp alt.

There is a blue civic around here that has 3 12" W7s on 3 1000/1s sealed which sounds pretty damn good. It's all fiberglass and plexi, though. It's been in a local shops show room for a while now. I would love to see a build log with 3 XCONS instead!! You're definitely going in the right direction. :fing34:

Thanks guys

Who makes a 320 for a Civic? I know most 4 cylinders have small belts and will slip with a alternator that big.

I seen one on CA.com a long time ago

Thanks guys

Only one way to find out :P

I would definitely get the alternator and batteries, and the rest of your equipment, if bad voltage drop is present and you don't have the room / money for extra batteries, turn down the gain on the 4500d.

Or get a 3000d.

Also depends on which batteries your looking at. I would get the biggest batts you can fit / afford.

I was looking at xspower, stinger, and odyssey

Ideally i'd like 1 upfront and 1 outback.

So your starting battery and one extra in the rear. Yeah I was thinking: starting battery and 2 in rear.

Well your going to be hardpressed. Better hope that 320a alt is legitimate, AND decent idle.

I think it will largely depend on how much power that alt can really make.

when you gonna show off your car to me eggy? I'm right around the corner...

looking forward to hearing about this setup :popcorn:

question for anyone, so we know what it is if he sealed the 3 xcons front firing. what if he had them ported front firing?

Ohh. That would be cool. Have you though about walling it off?

Ohh. That would be cool. Have you thought about walling it off?

2 10 or 12" orion hccas. i just picked up 1 12 and i have it on a mtx 1501d and it slammms for 1 12. i cant imagine what 2 would be like in a small car.