Im in need of some help...

I have a problem that just started recently... at random occasions... my deck will flash off then back on... ushually several times in a row.... but if i turn down the bass... it will stop doing it... then i can change songs.. turn the bass back up... and it will play fine... switch back to the other song and it plays fine....

this cutting out crap is getting really annoying... and its like it only does it right before it should hit hard... ushually after the car has been sitting for a few hours... on the first hard hitting song i put on... the first time its supposed to hit hard.. the deck will flash off then back on... but if i turn down the bass... everythings fine...

the deck is an Eclipse 5405... and the amp is a Digital Audio DAB1404

what in the hell is going on???

thanks for any help.

-AcId-

mine did that the fuse was half blown ..it wasnt fully blown or w.e.. idk if thats ur problem maybe u could check the fuse?..maybe its just ur HU

Yep sounds like a voltage problem. Does it only happen when you are "pushing" the system?

only when i push the system.... and its starting to get worse... so would it be the ign. source fuse im guessing? i'll check this out tommorow when i get a chance...

thanks for the help...

-AcId-

-EDIT- ive noticed lately that when the system hits hard... the decks lights dim really low but nothing else in the car does this.... what could cause this..? bad deck ground possibly?

Edited by AcIdBuRn83355

Yep sounds like a voltage problem.

This is your problem right here. :fing34:

ditto on bad connection,lol..+1

factory harness was used... with the proper harness adapter... but it seems to be grounding through the antenna instead of the actual ground line of the factory harness.... which doesnt make sence...

im gonna pull the deck the next chance i get and re-ground it, instead of using the harness, and check all the fuses, probably replace them aswell..

thanks for the help..

-AcId-

I actually had a cut and replace my factory harness because my deck was turning off on its own and acting way funny.

Works great now.

^^^well wt all the noise u got in that car what do u expect.

It doesnt skip when u turn it all the way up?

i have a weird problem with an eclipse 8455 also..

every now and then, when i insert a burned cd, the lights on the front panel and the display will cut off. but it sitll plays music. only the powerbutton and the roatry knobs work, none of the other buttons work but the unit sitll responds to the remote.

after a while toying with it, i fixed it by holding down the power button for a long time while its playing to turn it off, and then when i turn it back on everythings fine, the settings are still there

the manual doenst seem to say anything about holding down the powerbutton for trouble shooting...could this be a factory hard reset or something? either way its really weird. any thoughts?

i replaced the 12 volt power in my buddys civic it was doin the same thing after that it worked flawlesly. a lot of times with aftermarket gear the only way to go is to replace the factory wireing.good luck let us know how your experience correcting the problem went so others can benefit from your experience.