kryptonitewhite

Getting started with a Behringer Feedback Destroyer PRO DSP1100P

This thing is so powerful it's hard to get started, especially since I want out of the ordinary responce, not flat. Since it has 1/120th control I don't know where to start with Q... 60/120? Thats the default IIRC. I basically need to lower everything boosting nothing as I need to create a LP effect. I want 5Hz-10Hz to be 6dB above 11Hz-18Hz. I want 11Hz-18Hz to be 6dB above 19Hz-30Hz. I want 19Hz-30Hz to be 6dB above 31Hz-250Hz.

This is all guesstimation, obviousely not a 6dB drop between 1Hz increments... just to give an idea of what I am after. I may simply center at 45Hz and EQ down 24dB and vary my Q until I am happy, unless I get some good feedback.

Thank you for trudging through this post, trying to understand it, and if you even reply with help... thank you very very much.

hz.jpg

KW

Filter 1: 40Hz -48dB Q 60

Filter 2: 20Hz +16dB Q 120

Filter 3: 20Hz +16dB Q 120

Filter 4: 20Hz +16dB Q 120

Filter 5: 20Hz -16dB Q 60

Filter 6: 20Hz +16dB Q 120

Filter 7: 20Hz -16dB Q 60

Filter 8: 20Hz +16dB Q 120

Filter 9: 20Hz -16dB Q 60

Filter 10: 20Hz -16dB Q 60

Filter 11: 40Hz -48dB Q 60

1st problem: as I was adding the last 2 filters I noticed rumbling got loud when I added dB, then i realized 1 side was doing it but not the other, before I saved it, though both engine lights are on. When I did the following cut it fixed it...but that doesnt mean they became symetric again. So I did sine waves at 6.5Hz, 10Hz, and 16Hz to make sure both sets of subs have the same excursion. They do. However, at 6.5Hz when I get it loud enough to get amplifier noise, it was on the same side that suffered rumbling. :(

Anyway....

the 2nd -48dB cut at 40Hz killed it:

beforefinalboost.jpg

but then the last filter, 12, boost 16dB at 20Hz Q of 120 fixed it and I am happy for now.

finalthankyoubrandyfilter1216at20q120.jpg

Final sweep

thisisitorisit.jpg

I started to remove several filters as there was too much 5Hz-10Hz and everything else was dead, as I removed the 2nd 40Hz the buzz came back, and only on 1 side. Something is wrong so I took the BFD back out. Ran Audyssey for the 1st time, IDK who's system this is...but its totally different...instantly.

Here's sweeps starting at -35dB in 5dB increments to -20dB and I still have a TON of headroom.

nobfdranaudyssey.jpg

Audyssey set all speakers to negative something, the sub was -12dB. I swept it again with -9dB then -6dB and still have headroom, but not much, so i will leave them at -6dB

keeper.jpg

sub-12db-9db-6db.jpg

just ran another sweep with the entry way door sealed up. So much for retuning higer, work on more bracing and more sealing up and I should be golden to 5Hz.

sealedup.jpg

Little vid i made of REW and a couple sweeps, a lot of people that subscribe to my vids have no idea what REW is, where I get my numbers or graphs.

110dB from 5Hz up REW Room Eq Wizard.AVI

Tuck in that tummy ya hillbilly.

Thanks for sharing.

of course it has to take the snapshot for the vid right there.... damn it man!

Nice room