Say I have an amp that has 2 power and ground inputs. Say if I just use one with twice the size power wire is that ok? Or is there some important reason that they are split up to begin with?

Fast advice is appreciated.

It's so it can be wired with two woofers as the amp is already mono. Depending on the amp it shouldn't matter which ones you use.

It's so it can be wired with two woofers as the amp is already mono. Depending on the amp it shouldn't matter which ones you use.

No not speaker terminals. Power and Ground.

Like....the Warhorse has 3. If I were to only use one power and ground each but with 3/0 wire (reduced at the terminal) would it function the same way? Or do the terminals themselves have some kind of current limit? Of course I don't have a Warhorse and wouldn't do that to a Warhorse but just for comparison's sake.

I think they link to the board separately and if it was intended/made with the 2 terminals I would use them... but that's just me..

Personally if it were a large amount of current I would split it up to distribute the current and the heat. Depending on how everything is designed internally, it's possible you could end up burning things up inside by pulling all of the current through a single terminal. On the other hand, if the multiple inputs are more for "looks" and they are all fed through a single wire/trace on the inside of the board it might end up working fine.

So.....it really depends on the specific circumstances. But if you could split them up, that would be the safest route. And it might possible be the only route depending the design of the amp.

Personally if it were a large amount of current I would split it up to distribute the current and the heat. Depending on how everything is designed internally, it's possible you could end up burning things up inside by pulling all of the current through a single terminal. On the other hand, if the multiple inputs are more for "looks" and they are all fed through a single wire/trace on the inside of the board it might end up working fine.

So.....it really depends on the specific circumstances. But if you could split them up, that would be the safest route. And it might possible be the only route depending the design of the amp.

Ah shit. Gotta order a distro then thanks guys.

EDIT and smaller wire lol

Edited by An-i-no

Hey Impious...you wouldn't happen to know how the hell I'm supposed to fuse it would you?

What gauge wiring are you using?

Does the amp have internal fusing?

What gauge wiring are you using?

Does the amp have internal fusing?

0 Gauge stepped down into the dual 4 gauge inputs. Amp has no fuses.

What amp? Pics of amp?

Wouldn't you just do a fused distribution block?

:werd_msword:

Just do a fused distro block right before the amp.

No not speaker terminals. Power and Ground.

Like....the Warhorse has 3. If I were to only use one power and ground each but with 3/0 wire (reduced at the terminal) would it function the same way? Or do the terminals themselves have some kind of current limit? Of course I don't have a Warhorse and wouldn't do that to a Warhorse but just for comparison's sake.

Good god I cannot read! Sorry man!

:rofl2:

Be careful. The amp may have more than one power supply, hence more than one input.