Sign in to follow this  
BTL15

Future truck plans

Hey guys since I just got my truck future system planes have been popping in my head all week long. I drive a 1999 dodge ram 1500 ext. cab and currently have my FI BTL 15 fully loaded and it is being powered by a Crescendo audio 3KWP. My future plan is to cut my solid folding back seat in half approximately and build a wall in the cut out area. So it will be a 1/2 wall i guess haha (has anyone ever done this?). Any way my plan is to cut the back seat in half and wall off the open are and put in 4 FI SSD 12s. I want to have the subs facing forward and don't know whether to put the port facing forward also or firing the side to the open area so my question is which way should the port face and also is this setup possible and will my back seat still be able to fold up? It has handles on both sides but I have no clue if cutting it will hinder its folding abilities. My goal is to have a loud daily driver that is clean but I still want to have enough room in the back to fit 1 person comfortably. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Change of plans looking to just get an 18" basket and recone my BTL to an 18" and also thinking about building an ABC enclosure...any thoughts on if would be a good set up or not? I'm still planning on building the 1/4 wall or whatever you call it but just have the 18 in the ABC enclosure to fill this space instead of 4 ssd 12s. I'm looking to have a loud daily driver and maybe go to a few competitions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently my electrical system is all stock but will be upgraded to 1/0 big 3, HO alt., and 1 or 2 D3100's in the back.

buy a lid and cut the wall.

Srry if this is a noob ? but what is a lid?

A lid(cover) for your bed, cut a hole in your bed and cab and have the system fire in to the bed. Also called a blow through. Much easier and more effective than what you are trying to do and you keep your whole back seat.

A lid(cover) for your bed, cut a hole in your bed and cab and have the system fire in to the bed. Also called a blow through. Much easier and more effective than what you are trying to do and you keep your whole back seat.

Oh gotcha well I would do a blowthrough anyday but being that my parents paid for it they would probably kill me if I cut the wall and did a blow though. But i figured i could cut the back seat and just make sure i cut it smaller than needed and i can pull the foam and tuck the cloth and sew it so it looks really clean. I'm also thinking about buying some leather seat covers and do the same thing with the back seat since I would rather have leather.

buy 4 matching bucket seats and save alot of work ... and make a center enclosure ...

just a suggestion ...

buy 4 matching bucket seats and save alot of work ... and make a center enclosure ...

just a suggestion ...

Thought about this but $ is an issue and when I looked around I couldn't really find any seats that I liked. If I do cut the back seat and mess up beyond repair the worst thing that could happen is that i throw it away and leave the back without a seat but thats not really bothering me b/c I never really use it anyway which is why I would like to leave only enough room for 1 person just in case I ever need it.

I would take out the backseat. Build your enclosure.. If you have room for one bucket seat install that on the opposite side of the enclosure. To me taking the time and trying to modify the factory bench seat seems like to much work. You can always try ( I would definitely like to see pictures of the process if you successfully complete it.) Either way, good luck :drink40:

Don't forget to post your build on here :popcorn: