I want to know which would be best for my system.

Im looking at these two amplifiers..

The Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D v2

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAZ%252d1500D-v.2.html

The Hifonics HFi1500D

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22707_Hifonics-HFi1500D.html

Either will be powering a Sundown Audio 15" Nightshade at 1 ohm.

So 1500wrms from both.

Id like to know anyone who had experience with either of these amps and what you recommend for me?

I have big 3 with kicker 1/0 all kicker 1/0 wiring and XS 3100. Stock alt. (130amps.)

it wont be spl just fun everyday driver, SQ with a little power.

thanks everyone.

Will be in 2002 Ford Ranger Ext Cab

Well your on a forum that sells sundown in the store and ALOT of people have that amp so theirs you answer in my opinion.

Plus the sundown is linkable so if you want more power in the future you have that option as the hifonics isn't linkable.

The answer you will get on this forum will be sundown audio because well... Jacob is the best at customer service, we know what he makes works based on the reviews that you can read just about everywhere, and then theres always the bandwagoners who just say sundown because its sundown.

As for myself i do run an saz-2500d which works amazingly, but look at it from the hifonics side.

Its a cheap solution is what i would say. From what I have heard the HFi line is actually very overrated. But everyone has to realize that Hifonics did have a strong line in the Brutus series of amps.

If your not looking to spend a ton and still get the power you want look into the brutus amps that hifonics makes. If money doesn't matter then i would go for sundown.

I brought up cheap ways because I know how you just got your car stolen and that's rough so good luck bud.

Please stop these type of threads, this vs that thread dont solve anything. Whats best for you system, well by both and test them out and see which one will give less voltage drop and help you achieve higher numbers. The question is do you have the money to buy a Sundown, and if so and price is not a factor than go for it. But if it is a factor then go with Hifonics, both amps will get your subs moving and if there is a 200 watts difference between the two you wont hear it and the meter probably wont read it neither.

Please stop these type of threads, this vs that thread dont solve anything. Whats best for you system, well by both and test them out and see which one will give less voltage drop and help you achieve higher numbers. The question is do you have the money to buy a

Sundown, and if so and price is not a factor than go for it. But if it is a factor then go with Hifonics, both amps will get your subs moving and if there is a 200 watts difference between the two you wont hear it and the meter probably wont read it neither.

Isnt this the point of a forum, so members can share their experience, ask questions and people can help decide on answers based on what the poster needs. Not trying being a dueche bag or anything.

Please stop these type of threads, this vs that thread dont solve anything. Whats best for you system, well by both and test them out and see which one will give less voltage drop and help you achieve higher numbers. The question is do you have the money to buy a

Sundown, and if so and price is not a factor than go for it. But if it is a factor then go with Hifonics, both amps will get your subs moving and if there is a 200 watts difference between the two you wont hear it and the meter probably wont read it neither.

Isnt this the point of a forum, so members can share their experience, ask questions and people can help decide on answers based on what the poster needs. Not trying being a dueche bag or anything.

Yes and know but every system is different and you will get many different answers, so its vague/subjective and opinionated at times as well. Im pretty sure if Hifonics would be better for his system most on here would say Sundown cause its a Sundown based board. Plus this exact thread has been made numerous of times already.

After a while it clutters up the forums with real questions and concerns, an amp thread that is this vs that brand doing around the same rms is mute. Both will perform well and its hard to say which is better for your system without installing both in your car in your application. I understand your point and your right but after a while it gets redundant pretty pointless when you do this vs. that.

That's exactly why this vs that threads aren't allowed on this forum. They will only get subjective answers which will mislead future readers. If someone wants a recommendation based on their situation that's a different story. OP I agree with what everyone is saying. If you've got the money go with sundown.

Yea I see where your comin from. So basically it's up to the poster to do the research before asking about 1vs1. But anywayz back on track, OP if you have the budget go with sundown, better customer service, better product and better performance.

Here's an example:

I ran a Sundown 125.2 on some Eminence Alpha 6a midrange drivers, played well and got warm when abused. I ran the same exact setup on an MB Quart 2150 I believe it was the model number (basically the amps had around the same specs power wise). In my car and my application both played well and sounded the exact same but my MB Quart got hotter than the Sundown far more hotter, all settings set the same (used DMM to set up). I was abusing full tilt everywhere I went all day even on long drives to neighboring cities.

The only facts I have to justify why I should spend the extra $100 on my Sundown is because of where I live (Texas, hot climates) and my listening habits. If I played the amp barely and didnt go full tilt all day then the MB Quart would do fine in an average user's setup. So should I recommend the Sundown to the average user because he doesnt play his music like me or doesnt have the same listening habits, no but if price werent a factor I would. Overall it is too many factors to throw into play when doing a this vs that thread without hands on testing.

True, very good example. I understand why you don't like em, there are a ton of variables and adds a lot of clutter to the forums. Haha the way you lashed out on your first post made it sound like you were ready to stab someone :P

Edited by Dangrebel

Ok I apologize I didn't know it was a fuckin crime get that dildo out of your ass. Money is a factor which is why I was asking if that hifonics amp is as good as the sundown I was asking if anyone had experience with both amps. But thanks skizzy I think I will buy the hifonics Brutus however they don't have a 1500wrms closet is 1007wrms which should be fine? I would love to go with sundown all the way but money is very tight for me and this system will last me a year because next year I'm leaving for the army.

*1007 meant to say 1700wrms sorry I'm on my phone.

Drop the "tude" we got the problem solved, and go for the Hifonics if money is tight or look up Audiopipe ap15001d its around 175$ shipping included and it does rated

My bad I AM A little pissed today but I was looking at that audiopipe as well but didn't know if it was good. True rated power? My buddy had one I forgot what kind but he said a hifonics of same wattage was better.. I wanted a crescendo, the newer one but idk where to buy them. Their website doesn't list maybe I'd have to call them

Ok I apologize I didn't know it was a fuckin crime get that dildo out of your ass. Money is a factor which is why I was asking if that hifonics amp is as good as the sundown I was asking if anyone had experience with both amps. But thanks skizzy I think I will buy the hifonics Brutus however they don't have a 1500wrms closet is 1007wrms which should be fine? I would love to go with sundown all the way but money is very tight for me and this system will last me a year because next year I'm leaving for the army.

Didnt know you can read tone or attitude in words on a keyboard, wow I must be getting old. Watch your mouth buddy but seriously re-read it and tell me where I personally attacked you. I answered your question and if money is a factor then you answered your own question before making this thread. What im saying so you wont think im attacking you is Sundown are not the only amps out there that are being used in installs, do research and search this forum before posting as well cause questions might already be answered.

My bad I AM A little pissed today but I was looking at that audiopipe as well but didn't know if it was good. True rated power? My buddy had one I forgot what kind but he said a hifonics of same wattage was better.. I wanted a crescendo, the newer one but idk where to buy them. Their website doesn't list maybe I'd have to call them

Yes you have to call Navid @ Crescendo Audio, look on the contact page for his number to place an order. Leave a message if he doesnt answer, he will call back usually the same day depending if he is busy or not. I would go with Crescendo if you can, Audioque has products at good prices as well.

I personally went with a Cadence amp . Since I knew I would upgrade in the future, they make good quality amps and wanted a temporary amp.

Angel if you really looking for a deal I would go with the Crescendo. They are great amps and have a reasonable price. Bro chillout man no need for drama lol.

Im not your "buddy". One can obviously see what your saying. It's like trying to type f*ck you bud and then trying to say you weren't trying to attack the person. Yeah i took it wrong my bad but you instigated. But back on topic I'm narrowing myself down to the types of amps I'd like to use. Sundown, Crescendo, Hifonics, AQ, all at 1 ohm 1500 watts. I'm most likely gonna go with crescendo or AQ idk..

Yes you have to call Navid @ Crescendo Audio, look on the contact page for his number to place an order. Leave a message if he doesnt answer, he will call back usually the same day depending if he is busy or not. I would go with Crescendo if you can, Audioque has products at good prices as well.

I personally went with a Cadence amp . Since I knew I would upgrade in the future, they make good quality amps and wanted a temporary amp.

I agree with this guy. Cadence amps are underrated and arent that expensive, if its really money bro, i suggest savin up. even if you leave you dont want to come back with all this shitty equipment. Might as well go for good reliable brands. NO HIFONICS lol.

Haha Marcus. Nah man Tony is running his system with two Hifonics Brutus 2400wrms. That system knocks! I was looking at Cadence a while ago too but they didn't seem like a good amp to me. That's what I was saying I'm considering saving up and getting sundown 1500 but when im coming back from the army I'm not running 1500 I'm gonna run more lol

Haha Marcus. Nah man Tony is running his system with two Hifonics Brutus 2400wrms. That system knocks! I was looking at Cadence a while ago too but they didn't seem like a good amp to me. That's what I was saying I'm considering saving up and getting sundown 1500 but when im coming back from the army I'm not running 1500 I'm gonna run more lol

Bro Tony is stupid he doesnt know what hes doing. Hifonics yeah they are good but they take alot of power. How many batteries does tony have? i bet his alternator is 320 and i know you aint about to buy a 320 alternator lol. sundown takes up alot of juice too but what amp doesnt? if i were you, for that nightshade id get the sundown 1500. keep it clean, everything sundown it looks better with all same brand but thats just my opinion.

Nice. That amp is ugly though lol. Idk man I'm gonna call this guy up at crescendo and go from there.

lol