Basically hifonics if you want to save money but sundown if you want long lasting. And honestly sundowns aren't that much more expensive if bought used but probably last alot longer than hifonics, especially at 1 ohm. But good luck bud ..

Edited by jFreezy

Strange, it seems all 6 of my Maxxsonics amps have been put through a serious beating and have been running strong for years.

I must be doing something wrong.

Strange, it seems all 6 of my Maxxsonics amps have been put through a serious beating and have been running strong for years.

From my experience, yours are one of the exceptions Lance. Maxxsonics has gone down in quality when they discontinued those ground pounders.

^^ groundpounder pro's are the shiiett! Great strong amps!

From what I read Crescendo is in middle of a move. Your best bet is to shoot them your questions to there email.

Call 941 257 4767 or sales@crescendoaudio.com

Also leave a message with call back info.

Just going off internet opinions hifonics amps demand a bit more power to perform, sundown amps still require power but they go easier on your electrical. Think ahead at your system and build a strong foundation rooted with the right electrical is what you should be aiming at right now.

Edited by crunkjuice1

Hmm. I bought a sundown SAZ 1500. Decided to keep it all sundown. I've also decided to keep both my nightshades so another or bigger amp in the future. Thanks for your input everyone.

Hmm. I bought a sundown SAZ 1500. Decided to keep it all sundown. I've also decided to keep both my nightshades so another or bigger amp in the future. Thanks for your input everyone.

Good choice man! Hope the system turns out well. ;)

I don't quite agree with the "you can't tell the difference between 1000 watt and 1500 watts" theory. i had a Tsunami Gxa1000d that is rated at 1000watts rms @ 12v so at 14.4 probably puts outs 1100-1200 watts. i "switched" (really replaced since the tsunami got wet from me not fully sealing the "roof" of my trunk near the opening when i cut it) to my powerbass xta 1500d and me, my wife and friends noticed a difference. A difference such as with the tsunami i could feel it vibrating stuff and sending pain in my ears while the powerbass did that plus slightly blur my vision and shake my steering wheel. now i doubt if u would really hear a difference between the sundown and the brutus. I've own the zeus 1000d and had it a bout a year before it blew (my alt also went out at the same time so i can't really blame it on the amp because it could have been a low voltage issue) used my ikesound.com warranty and got a Brutus1000D that i ran for a week until i ran into a situation where i could sell it for 200 bucks and buy the tsunami gxa1000D. I never ran or heard a sundown amp. They seem like solid amps from what i've heard on forums about them but what keeps me from buying them new it the price tag. I know you quality costs money but considering i can get a hold of a new rockford fosgate 1500bd cheaper than a sundown 1500D which is as good if not better, i'm not really pushed to fork over the bucks for sundown.

Edited by rysc

I don't quite agree with the "you can't tell the difference between 1000 watt and 1500 watts" theory. i had a Tsunami Gxa1000d that is rated at 1000watts rms @ 12v so at 14.4 probably puts outs 1100-1200 watts. i "switched" (really replaced since the tsunami got wet from me not fully sealing the "roof" of my trunk near the opening when i cut it) to my powerbass xta 1500d and me, my wife and friends noticed a difference. A difference such as with the tsunami i could feel it vibrating stuff and sending pain in my ears while the powerbass did that plus slightly blur my vision and shake my steering wheel. now i doubt if u would really hear a difference between the sundown and the brutus. I've own the zeus 1000d and had it a bout a year before it blew (my alt also went out at the same time so i can't really blame it on the amp because it could have been a low voltage issue) used my ikesound.com warranty and got a Brutus1000D that i ran for a week until i ran into a situation where i could sell it for 200 bucks and buy the tsunami gxa1000D. I never ran or heard a sundown amp. They seem like solid amps from what i've heard on forums about them but what keeps me from buying them new it the price tag. I know you quality costs money but considering i can get a hold of a new rockford fosgate 1500bd cheaper than a sundown 1500D which is as good if not better, i'm not really pushed to fork over the bucks for sundown.

Very well said. I guess in this situation it is favoritism. Because I know Angel loves sundown lol.

You're just guessing on your numbers. There is no way to tell what kind of power was really being sent to your sub(s) on either of the amps. Just because it's rated at 1000 doesn't mean you're seeing that number at any time while using the amp.

but i still heard a audible diffrence between a 1000 watt amp and 1500 watt amp irregardless of actual power even though people here said u cant

not if there is added viscreal sensations too. It did not shake my steering column before (atl least in this big ass crown vic) nor did it blur my vision before.

I'm with 98GMC. Power may very well be the reason for your notice of change. If the lower power amp isn't very efficient (i have no idea, don't know about the amp and don't care to look it up), is rated at 14.4V while you're supplying it with 13v, subtle flaws in the design on the gain knob or a mix of various other things it may only be making ~ 7-800 watts of power. With the next, more powerful amp may be more efficient, rated at a different (lower?) voltage, and even with the possibility of the gain knob flaws it could be making close to double that power. That is where your change can come into play. Not saying this is what happened, i have no idea. Just an idea to keep in mind when trying to compare two amps side by side by their rated numbers.

old amp was rated at 12v, new amp rated at 14.4 but old amp is 11 years old so it may not still be making anywhere near rated. i seriously doubt if its making double the power but the only way to to really know is to fix the tsunami and clamp both of them but it isn't important enough for me to bother

Could be an old cheater amp.

Could be an old cheater amp.

Unlikely lol.. Usually when people notice again it's their settings that have changed or the position of the box when they re wired the amp up, etc.

I ran my Bxi1208d on .5 ohms for like a year and it never went poof, they are the cheap amps of the market they aren't designed with extreme usage to include low voltage or low impedance. Any amp will last you forever as long as you treat it right, no you don't have to baby it.. you just gotta know monitor your voltage is a big huge gigantic one. Granted MAXXsonics has lost huge quality in the past few years, but i'm seeing a comeback with the new line of HiFonics amplifiers.

Either way, your options are endless with amplifiers as i said in a previous post.

AGH, I'm so pissing tired of these threads, you will not, cannot, what-so-ever hear the difference between 1000 watts or 1200 watts, or even 1500 watts. You need to on paper at least DOUBLE your power to get a noticeable increase in output which would equate to 3 dB. Pick whatever fits your budget, has the looks you want, and satisfy your needs.

With EMPHASIS on this -^ it is INHUMANLY possible to notice anything under a 3 dB gain.

You're just guessing on your numbers. There is no way to tell what kind of power was really being sent to your sub(s) on either of the amps. Just because it's rated at 1000 doesn't mean you're seeing that number at any time while using the amp.

Doesn't everybody guess on their numbers? And it couldn't've been a huge difference in power (or nowhere near the double power/3db point) and I don't think he changed woofers so the amps were likely seeing similar impedance and voltage?

sundown all the way