Nice. That amp is ugly though lol. Idk man I'm gonna call this guy up at crescendo and go from there.

what amp? the sundown or the cadence? crescendo good too i guess. now if ssa made amps that would be ballin' lol.

The cadence amp. Idk it looks weird. Sundown is pretty expensive I'd like to spend my good money elsewhere. The crescendo is fairly priced and true power. I'm hoping to get one. And the new ones are beautiful. Black with gold trim. Hell yeah if ssa made amps I'd buy em

Hifonics yeah they are good but they take alot of power. How many batteries does tony have? i bet his alternator is 320 and i know you aint about to buy a 320 alternator lol. sundown takes up alot of juice too but what amp doesnt?

What has lead you to believe this? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing I am just wondering where this information is coming from.

That's what I was saying I'm considering saving up and getting sundown 1500 but when im coming back from the army I'm not running 1500 I'm gonna run more lol

If you're planning on upgrading in the near future I would suggest buying used. The depreciation will be less that way. There's a DD for sale here that might not be a bad place to start.

Ive got a hifonics brutus bxi 2010d... 2000w rms....i can do 220 shipped...

Nice. That amp is ugly though lol. Idk man I'm gonna call this guy up at crescendo and go from there.

yeah because I always judge an amp on how it looks opposed to how it performs. LOL YSFN

Lol I called crescendo but they didn't pick up so I left a message :). I was looking at some sundowns on db-r but they didn't have what I wanted in stock. @CTAudio the looks kind of matters to me because I'm makin a custom amp rack that has the amp as a display. Id like a decent looking amp that does it's rated power, there's plenty of those so I don't have to settle for ugly. Btw what does YSFN mean? Lol.

There was a guy selling 6 used DD m1's on here

Check him out see if he still has one, those are some solid amps that are underrated

i think they are actually rated at 11.9 volts

Edited by trod2902

Thanks man. DD's are real nice amps

Take a look at DC amps, they are cheap too.

Cadence is a well known brand, for years. I would not hesitate to run one of their amps.

if your system is temporary, OP, get the cheapest amp, and don't show it on your amp rack.

The DD on sale is a good product.

The cadence amp. Idk it looks weird. Sundown is pretty expensive I'd like to spend my good money elsewhere. The crescendo is fairly priced and true power. I'm hoping to get one. And the new ones are beautiful. Black with gold trim. Hell yeah if ssa made amps I'd buy em

Quality amplifiers cost money.

Also, drop the attitude, we are mature users and expect to be treated as such.

Hifonics yeah they are good but they take alot of power. How many batteries does tony have? i bet his alternator is 320 and i know you aint about to buy a 320 alternator lol. sundown takes up alot of juice too but what amp doesnt?

What has lead you to believe this? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing I am just wondering where this information is coming from.

That's what I was saying I'm considering saving up and getting sundown 1500 but when im coming back from the army I'm not running 1500 I'm gonna run more lol

If you're planning on upgrading in the near future I would suggest buying used. The depreciation will be less that way. There's a DD for sale here that might not be a bad place to start.

Ive used Hifonics in a system i had and my voltage would drop a whole number at about 13volts versus the same exact setup but with different amps but same wattage the other amps ran at 14volts and those other amps were crescendos. Hifonics was really bad for my electrical system so i never went for hifonics again. And our friend Tony always wanted to go big, he has 12 15" subs in his tahoe(but they are 150watts each) powered by two hifonics 2400 amps, 1/0 electrical big 3, 320 alt. 5 xs3100D and his voltage as of yesterday was 13.2. RMS power of the Hifonics is rated at 14.4 volts lol...

Yeah but Tony doesn't do competition hes just doing it because it's fun. Same as me I'm not trying to hit db's I just want to have a nice setup with some good power. @Duran I know, it's like that saying "you get what you paid for." if this guy from crescendo doesn't call me back within the week I'm buying sundown saz1500 brand new, from here :)

Yeah I believe that Sundown is in another league than Hifonics. But on the other hand, I haven't heard anything terrible about Audiopipe. Pretty good bang for the buck, I'd say.

Yeah. I heard Audiopipe is good too. But my friends that have owned them only had them for a year or so. Idk if it's because they didn't like em or they just didn't last long.

Check this thread?

I own the HFI1500D it's an ok amp. There's no way it puts out 1500 watts though. I think it is basically the older Brutus 1210D. My co-worker has a Brutus 1610D and that amp sounds like it puts out alot more than mine. If money is an issue Hifonics are not bad amps. I've had mine for well over a year running at 1ohm. It just gets slightly warm. For almost the same money as the HFI you can get the BRZ1700D.

If i were you i would go with what is in your liking/budget...If the amp you choose dosnt work out you can try selling/trading it.You will gain experience from that amp. Its car audio you learn from experiences hehe, either one of the amps stated will get the sub moving if the application is right.

AGH, I'm so pissing tired of these threads, you will not, cannot, what-so-ever hear the difference between 1000 watts or 1200 watts, or even 1500 watts. You need to on paper at least DOUBLE your power to get a noticeable increase in output which would equate to 3 dB. Pick whatever fits your budget, has the looks you want, and satisfy your needs.

AGH, I'm so pissing tired of these threads, you will not, cannot, what-so-ever hear the difference between 1000 watts or 1200 watts, or even 1500 watts. You need to on paper at least DOUBLE your power to get a noticeable increase in output which would equate to 3 dB. Pick whatever fits your budget, has the looks you want, and satisfy your needs.

True...my friend runs one amp (3k watts) on 2 18s and then straps another amp for (6k) and only gains around 1.8ish db.i cant hear a diference...

True...my friend runs one amp (3k watts) on 2 18s and then straps another amp for (6k) and only gains around 1.8ish db.i cant hear a diference...

Once you reach a certain point is becomes harder and very expensive to be louder.

Yea i said i wanted to be hitting around a 149 this year.....it aint happenin :/

I have a SAZ-3000D but have no experience with any Hifonics amp. Since you say that the set-up will only be for one year, and your a little tight on cash, I would recommend the HiFonics. I have heard about 4 people on this forum who've had their HiFonics go "poof" and die with a cloud of white smoke. I'm positive most/all of those users weren't properly using the HiFonics (proper air-flow for ventilation, too low of resistance, improper electrical, etc.). I've never seen a member on this Forum complain about their Sundown blowing up. That's not an in-depth analysis; i do NOT live on this forum so posts like that about Sundowns could exist.

It seems to me that perhaps HiFonics amplifiers can't take the abuse that Sundown's can, but I don't have enough experience/knowledge needed to give the best advice out there. Still, since you won't be here for too long, I would recommend the HiFonics since you won't need it for too long. Otherwise I would recommend the Sundown.

My sundown amps have been put through a beating. IMO you shouldn't doubt their reliability, if that's a concern for you. I have had a HiFonics sub die on me though, but that was probably from me tuning it wrong, as previously stated.

X2 on not telling the difference in output though. Buy what fits your budget and what you like best/what's best for YOU.