Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Looking to get some better front stage going...

Alright... so currently I have a shitty front stage since I was not looking to go "crazy" with the audio... that plan did not stay.. I went from some old school JL audio 10" w3's to a Pioneer Premiere 12" and then to a 12" SSA Icon and now I currently have a 15" SSA Xcon sealed enclosure... so far I love the sound... My front stage consisted of just Alpine 6x9 for a while and then I added some Polk Audio tweets in the dash... Not having alot of options on the EQ side I think I damaged a tweet which is whatever I don't care... I didn't have the right amps to do this setup and that is probably how I did that.. I was using a BA GT2-125 and no separate xover so I know the tweets were going too low..

So this is the setup currently...:

1" Polk Audio tweets

6x9" Alpine

Boston Acoustics GT2-125

I want to keep that amp and either do a passive/pre-configured component set, like the Polk Audio MM6501 or maybe try out some other drivers ...

One thing I was looking at were these Oxygen Audio drivers ... xover on the amp to about 100hz and call it a day... Should I do this????

Then I came across this xover .. which I know might be home oriented but I think could work ... If I did this what could I add as a tweeter???

Any help or suggestions would be great.... I know I've already asked about front stage but I left those other threads behind since I know that now I've pretty much got what I want for power and sub stage... Just need to figure out the front stage...

not sure how much you want to spend but Hybrid Audio has some real nice speakers, they always have a demo vehicle at all of our meca shows.

well... I'm willing to invest about $200... Absolute $300 at max.... And I don't want to have alot of car mods to do... so I think 6.5" drivers are biggest... Maybe 8" if it fits budget and overall specs...

I'm just looking to give my car clarity at the top end of the volume.... My subwoofer never gets set beyond -3 on my HU 90% of the time...

I just bought some new Alpine Type R Components. They take 100rms per speaker and from what I heard of them they get VERY LOUD and STAY CLEAN! They are the same engineering as the Type X which was out of my price range for a while only for the simple fact is I always tryed to stay cheaper but in the long run spent more than that replacing speakers!

I just bought some new Alpine Type R Components. They take 100rms per speaker and from what I heard of them they get VERY LOUD and STAY CLEAN! They are the same engineering as the Type X which was out of my price range for a while only for the simple fact is I always tryed to stay cheaper but in the long run spent more than that replacing speakers!

so the lesson learned is don't go cheap and plan ahead??? I was thinking about the Alpines but not sure .....

I had 2 piars of alpine type r coaxials in my maxima and boy was i impressed with them. They get very loud and maintain some real good sound quality. Also there are the rockford fosgate power series 6.5's that take 100wrms all day and those things got super loud but i thought the tweeter was a little harsh to my liking.

RMS rating on speakers is fairly useless. It will depend on how much space they etc. I don't know enough to comfortably recommend you anything, but I can say that I would go out and listen to some different sets and see what kind of sound you like.

It honeslty depends on what you want, if you want to stay car audio or take a plunge into pro audio drivers. Those oxygen audio speakers are great, sound good and get loud with some nice punch/kick. They dont need that much power and to get loud, you wont get any midbass from them though. If your looking for a nice midbass 6.5" driver check out the Selenium 6w4p.

if you want to go active and keep the tweeters you have, then just pick out some bass blockers that meet the specs on your tweeters. Wire them inline between the tweeters and amp, thats how I had mine setup. Here are some bass blockers:

Blockers

I want to start kinda fresh.... I don't think I'll want to put in the effort for an active setup... At least not now anyway...

What I do want to do is possibly make a "homemade" passive set... Possibly using pre-made xovers and some nice drivers..... Would maybe using the Selenium or maybe the Peerless 830657 in conjunction with that O2 driver on a 2-way passive xover be any good??? Just trying to see if I can be somewhat creative in that manner instead of just buying a made set first....

Thanks for the replies so far though.

Just to show more detail:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25913_O2_OM-690.aspx

O2_OM-690.jpg

with one of these midbass drivers:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1088&FTR=830657

264-1088_l.jpg

OR

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-422&FTR=selenium%206%20w4p

264-422_l.jpg

WITH:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-140&scqty=1

260-140_l.jpg

Cheap pro audio is the worse and you'll need a hell of an eq to tame them. I'd stick with components. If ur budget was a tad open, i would've went with the cxs 2 ohm. Think they're like 320ish.

Edited by eggyhustles

Cheap pro audio is the worse and you'll need a hell of an eq to tame them. I'd stick with components. If ur budget was a tad open, i would've went with the cxs 2 ohm. Think they're like 320ish.

SOOO FUCKING FUNNY BRO!!!

So I'm on sonicelectronix and they are now an authorized dealer for ID ... and I was gonna ask if I should go for the CTX since the price dropped to $160....

The CTX are nice. Smooth tweeter and if you deaden and seal up the door you will get some nice midbass too.

Great bang for the buck IMO.

CTX is a cool set. Should do well in a fully deadened door. How much output do you want?

Cheap pro audio is the worse and you'll need a hell of an eq to tame them.

X's 2.

I bought Selenium to test initially because that seemed to be the forum boner of the month and they were cheap. I damn near said fuck it to pro audio after those.

Glad I kept trying tho because I really like the PA drivers I have now.

my doors are deadened... I would like some output ... like loud as ballz almost... or something below that...

cxs would be my choice then

^^why those then????

now... okay lets say I can "go" for these....

sonic has these listed as the V.2: cxs64v2.jpg

woofers has these listed as the V.2: CXS6-SET.jpg

both are listed for $315....

also... WTF ... is Image Dynamics leaving the game???

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/Home_Page.html

Thank you for the years

of support.

It is with much sadness that

I say Goodbye

Eric Stevens

Founder Image Dynamics

Content copyright 2011. Eric Stevens. All rights reserved.

Should try looking into Rainbows SLC's. There about $250 or u can step it up to the Germanium but there cost is about $500 if u can save up a little more. I would also recommend the Profi lines but they're really expensive. Heard all three and the SLC's are really good for the price. The Profi lines are unbelievable, mid bass are really punchy and the high's are not bright at all. Very well balanced. Just a suggestion.

I've read good things about the JBL gti 608, but never had a listen. They are not too expensive on ebay.

Personnally, I love my set of focal 165 KP. They were expensive, but I have them for 6 years now, and I still love them.:dancing:

I'm looking to get kinda loud without too much of a loss in clarity. Not sure if the focals fit my bill.

Also I definitely am liking the looks/reviews of the CTX. but is the CXS much better???

Up the budget a tad and take a look at these

820013-car.jpg

Scan-Speak is highly respected.

Those are like $400...

I was previously eye-ballin' these @ $180 : f1600.jpg