Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

Is A Wall In My Car A Good Idea?

Hey all.Ive decidied since my trunk is so small im going to do what ive always wanted to do.Wall my car.I have a 2001 galant and was wondering if it would be worth the money to wall it.I will use my 2 15" american bass xfl subs and my planet audio bb2 2400rms.I have a friend thats saying it wouldnt be worth walling because its not a hatchback car.So is he correct or would it be worth it?

I will do some competing but I mainly want to be as louad as possible on music.

If insist on running those 2-15"s then yeah walling would be the best decision for your application but it has nothing to do with what type of car you have, it has to do with what you can fit. Since those 15"s cant go in the trunk in a proper enclosure then walling will suffice.

with just two 15s it wouldnt look right walled but thats just my opinion bro with it being a 4door car you just have to do more work to make it looked finished :drink40:

Wall it! You have the room and it's your dream!

I'd reconsider your equipment if your going to put all that work into fabrication. Just my opinion

2 15s standing up with the port on the drivers side looks Awesome to me ...

1/4 wave wall ... :drink40:

tuned to or about 54 htz would rock the block down ... But I'm thinking you are going to need ALOT more battery / amp power ...

Just my suggestion there bro ... Best of luck to ya !!!

:popcorn:

just know,.. that you will lose a daily driver. (weight)

and it will never be the same. (interior parts)

Im just gonna say: (2) 15's walled looks siiiick!!! DONT LISTEN TO FOLKS WHO SAY ITS NOT enough. If anyone remembers Hexibass videos with peter the amazingly efficient box designer for many a folk. he has (2) Ascendant avalanche 15"s walled and its SOO boss! hits hella loud and clean as well. Hifonics XX Colossus amplifier.

I think a wall in ANY vehicle is a great idea! :morepower1:

u can wall it as long as you are not tight with money.

IF you got around $600 layin around that can care less what it goes to, then wall isn't a bad idea.

There is no set in stone value of how much it will cost to build it.. so don't expect to know prior to building it.

And do not 4th order it if the subs are not designed for such enclosure...

And you may not even have adequate room to 4th order 2 15s in that car either, don't know....

Anyways, you have extremely low power.

I'd suggest build the largest wall possible so you have room for port because it's gonna be a fairly long port...