MR2

My MR2 Build Begins...Finally..!

Glad all of your road bumps are quick and easy fixes! Keep up on the progress, excited to see a video! :fing34:

Yes workin' through the challenges...I just got home after taking the MR2 for a quick spin...!

MR2

Your enjoying that system and not sharing pics? :(

Yes but briefly...just got back from quick spin. I will share some more pics in a bit...my dayum phone went dead...it's charging...

Anyway...I think the amp rack looks cool. Again my phone takes lousy pics but I will be taking some really nice pics once it's all done. I still have to put the doors back together. The Frunk is done though...! I also got the HU installed but the dash is still apart. I'm really diggin' the HU-it's really cool...it even talks to you...lol! It tells you when your speeding...?! I was just playing a cd, and having Nav going at the same time which is really awesome. This HU is packed with features. It's going to take some time to learn how to use all the features. I picked up an ipod cable yesterday, that is installed too...eventually I'll install a rear view camera. I'm also looking forward to getting my phone synced with the HU Bluetooth so I can take calls and be hands free(which is also useful since it's against the law to be talking on your cell while you drive over here in Oregon. Oh and the HU also let's you connect to sites like Pandora and play via BT I believe. Lots to mess around and have fun with. That is kinda why I went with the HU...it's got a lot of features that I think will be useful. The Nav is so big and surely will be very helpful...

Ok I'm beginning to blab...as soon as my lousy Palm Pre comes back to life I'll get those pics up...! I think ya'll will like what you see..?!

MR2

The build is looking good so far, Ryan. :)

Hey man...was wondering how you been..?!

I really appreciate the feedback...I can hardly believe I'm still working on it after a week. I haven't build a full blown system in years. I'm really, really slow...but I really like how it's coming together. As far as I can tell I'm not cutting any corners which is make the difference in the long run I think...?!

MR2

Amp Rack:

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0228.jpg

CIMG0227.jpg

CIMG0229.jpg

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0231.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on getting some loops to screw down the wiring a bit straighter...

Here is the a shot of the deck gettin' installed...unfortunately my phone went dead before I could take a picture of it installed which of course looks much better. I'll get more pics tomorrow.

CIMG0235.jpg

MR2

I'm going to post a couple of Higher Quality pics tonight...!

MR2

I must have missed what HU you're using? Ill go look it up, sounds ultra-fancy ;)

Wiring looks clean, you must have taken tips from E-dub!

I must have missed what HU you're using? Ill go look it up, sounds ultra-fancy ;)

Wiring looks clean, you must have taken tips from E-dub!

Cool Thx Man..! I'm pretty detail oriented... =)

MR2

Frunk lit by ZED LED logo only...!

_MG_0018.jpg

MR2

Clarion NX501 HU...

_MG_0015-2.jpg

MR2

Ok guys...thanks for checkin' out my build...I gotta chillout b4 crashin' out...lol...my body is actually totally sore from bending over backwards hooking up stuff under the dash and what not...!

Ttylataz...!

MR2

I see your frunk is turned on! HQ pics. look very nice,, a couple :+1: for you!

The build is looking good so far, Ryan. :)

Hey man...was wondering how you been..?!

I really appreciate the feedback...I can hardly believe I'm still working on it after a week. I haven't build a full blown system in years. I'm really, really slow...but I really like how it's coming together. As far as I can tell I'm not cutting any corners which is make the difference in the long run I think...?!

MR2

Work...

But hoping soon to start a build log myself, who knows.

Good things come together slow. And the more you work on it the greater the satisfaction will be when you are "done"(a true addict's system is never done) and your hear it for the first time.

Looks good brah!

That Zed led is dag-gone bright!! Good to hear you are enjoying the fruits of your labor!! Looks Great!!

Thanks for checkin' out my build guys and the responses! I'll take some more HQ pics today and post tonight..!

MR2

Thanks for checkin' out my build guys and the responses! I'll take some more HQ pics today and post tonight..!

MR2

:drink40:

Door are put back together...only thing left now is the dash and center console...!

MR2

:woot: Your on a role!!! Won't be long now!!

:woot: Your on a role!!! Won't be long now!!

Yes just got to hook up the e-brake for video...there are some other things I can hook up to the HU like camera, AUX video in/out etc. For now I got the ipod cable for video...maybe later I'll find something to hook up to the extra stuff. It has HD Radio and Sirius Ready. I think I'll just stick with Pandora and iPod for now...

Oh and once it's all compete...the car wash is the last step...then I'll take some photos to post for later today/night...!

MR2

Ok so today didn't go quite as planned. Got side tracked looking around for a rear view camera. Anyway pulled the dash and everything apart...will install tomorrow then depending on time will clean car and take some nice HQ prints...

MR2

I think that is BS, you been riding around listening to your new system while we have been sitting here all evening waiting for all those pics you promised!! :lol2:

I think that is BS, you been riding around listening to your new system while we have been sitting here all evening waiting for all those pics you promised!! :lol2:

I did go for a drive to pick up a backup camera. The dash is still apart. Today I hope to get the camera installed(unfortunately there isn't any good place to mount it...and I got to trace a wire to the trunk area past the engine compartment).

Anyway hopefully that doesn't take too long. I went to the local car stereo store...they wanted $100 to install...um ya...I think I'll do it myself...!

MR2

I did go for a drive to pick up a backup camera. The dash is still apart. Today I hope to get the camera installed(unfortunately there isn't any good place to mount it...and I got to trace a wire to the trunk area past the engine compartment).

Anyway hopefully that doesn't take too long. I went to the local car stereo store...they wanted $100 to install...um ya...I think I'll do it myself...!

MR2

More rewarding as well :Tom:

That car is so small what you need a backup camera for?? You can just pick it up and turn it around! JK Keep track of those pics, I want to see all of them!!