backyardbass97

which amp for sound stream xxx-15

ok my brother is doing an spl build (one sound stream xxx-15 quad 1.2ohm coils) and we have a bugit of $600-$800 for amps and we want around 7k-8k in wattage

and we were thinking 4 of these http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-Hfi2000d-Amplifier-Designed-Dissipation/dp/B003PSAQXA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

or 2 of these http://infiniteelectronix.com/soundstreamdtr13400dd-tower3400wattrms5ohmclassdmonosubwooferamplifier.aspx

or this http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-OPTI8000D-Optidrive-Competition-Amplifier/dp/B0037YZLMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311341969&sr=8-1

what do yall think for price and rms watts which one

Edited by backyardbass97

I doubt $600-$800 will buy you an amp that will output 7-8k wrms.

Can that sub even handle that? Theyre pretty over rated from my understanding

did you click the links

Like I said that output 7-8k wrms and can actually do it.

It doesnt matter. The dollar to watt ratio is great right now but not that good.

Two Audiopipe AP3000D's are approx $350/ea and that will only be approx 6k wrms.

It can't handle that for long.

Junior, you need to work on your physics a bit more. With any subwoofer you have to choose, high efficiency, small size, or low end extension, pick two. That person obviously picked small size and low end extension, as his system is EXTREMELY inefficient, hence it takes 6Kw to reach his desired output level.

Ive owned a SS xxx 15. I can tell you it will take 3.4k without a problem. My friend's fi btl would start to heat up and stink from the same amp same gain settings. And the Soundstream Dtr1.3400 is a great amp. I am still running one. Outperformed a crunch gp3000 (that does rated) on the termlab.

Fail

Ive owned a SS xxx 15. I can tell you it will take 3.4k without a problem. My friend's fi btl would start to heat up and stink from the same amp same gain settings. And the Soundstream Dtr1.3400 is a great amp. I am still running one. Outperformed a crunch gp3000 (that does rated) on the termlab.

Oh, exactly 3,400 watts huh? Did it start to stink at 3,401 watts?

Read the above post form me, thank you.

Oh, exactly 3,400 watts huh? Did it start to stink at 3,401 watts?

Read the above post form me, thank you.

Fu.k i read that before i posted and still forgot. Your right man.

Dude honestly you don't need a HUGE amp, I put 2000 watts on my tsns and that's less than half the rms and it still wammed. The vids prove it. Does that car have the electrical to do 5k+? 8k is ALOT! hope everything works out

Edited by rasic

Dude honestly you don't need a HUGE amp, I put 2000 watts on my tsns and that's less than half the rms and it still wammed. The vids prove it. Does that car have the electrical to do 5k+? 8k is ALOT! hope everything works out

Some people REALLY need to read my post....

Read Duran's post ^^ you will learn something.

well not right now but it will its goin to have two kinetik 2400's and 2 runs of knukonceptz 0gauge power and ground and a voltage regulater so it will stay at 15.5v all the time

well not right now but it will its goin to have two kinetik 2400's and 2 runs of knukonceptz 0gauge power and ground and a voltage regulater so it will stay at 15.5v all the time

That isn't enough power, to make 8,000 watts, even at your absurd 15.5 volts, you need 516 amps of current, that is with 100% efficiency, at 80% efficiency, where most Class-D amplifiers are, you need 645 amps to make the same amount of power, that is also without voltage drop, as voltage drops, amperage must increase to make the same power. That's how you get blown amplifiers. You don't have enough power.

In my opinion you need to seriously reconsider this plan. You're wanting to run too much power to that sub and are planning on doing it without the necessary electrical upgrades. I don't think it will turn out well

my bad duran, uhh well you can look into h/o altenators. which are about the money your looking for in a amp lol

Edited by rasic

my bad duran, and no it wont. i can bet you money that it wont stay there

huh im confused what type of thing do i need to get a good electrical?

multiple alternators.... more than 2 freaking batteries for sure... and more subs to handle 8k ...lol .. I think maybe you should do something else with that money.. donate to good will! :peepwall:

multiple alternators.... more than 2 freaking batteries for sure... and more subs to handle 8k ...lol .. I think maybe you should do something else with that money.. donate to good will! :peepwall:

lol funny does anybody on this forum live anywhere near panama city Florida 32401 so i can show my brother that sundown or any other small system hits hard

then what do i need to get the right electrical?

To put it simply, you need more power.

It takes power to make power. It has to come from something. Batts alts etc..

lol funny does anybody on this forum live anywhere near panama city Florida 32401 so i can show my brother that sundown or any other small system hits hard

In P-cola...