Thekid5678

Something is wrong, Help me please

did u meter each coil when the wire was disconnected?

No, if it's reading .7 ohm per coil it's dual 1 ohm coils. If it was dual 2 it would be reading about 1.4

Sorry the meter had to be set.. It is now reading 1.4 on both coils

Get a 9 volt battery and hook up one coil with speaker wire. Connect the - to the - on the battery, and tap the + from the speaker to the + on the battery (no NOT hold it on there, just TAP it). Do this for both coils, does the speaker *pop* when you tap the wire on the battery?

Get a 9 volt battery and hook up one coil with speaker wire. Connect the - to the - on the battery, and tap the + from the speaker to the + on the battery (no NOT hold it on there, just TAP it). Do this for both coils, does the speaker *pop* when you tap the wire on the battery?

Will this void warranty?

Just did this on both coils. The speaker speaker moved both times

Speaker sounds like it's fine. If two amps are doing the same thing, it's probably not them. Check all your wiring. Make sure the grounds are connected to bare metal and are solid connections. Everything plugged in, terminals tight, bolts are tight. A couple times :D

Speaker sounds like it's fine. If two amps are doing the same thing, it's probably not them. Check all your wiring. Make sure the grounds are connected to bare metal and are solid connections. Everything plugged in, terminals tight, bolts are tight. A couple times :D

I have followed my 12v wire from the battery fuse all the way back and can't see anything wrong.

The negative is connected to a very bare metal area and has worked for all my systems for the past 5 years

I guess I will try hooking it all up again.. I guess if I don't have any luck this time I will just send in receipts and both items to their manufacturer and ask them to see if either is malfunctioning lol

your rca cables...

Unplug them and run another source to your amp like an ipod or computer.

See if it plays then.

your rca cables...

See if it plays then.

how can I do this? Cause I just hooked everything up again and still nothing. Getting a Green light on the amp, and all the tests worked on the sub..

your rca cables...

See if it plays then.

how can I do this? Cause I just hooked everything up again and still nothing. Getting a Green light on the amp, and all the tests worked on the sub..

I'm not sure how to run my ipod directly to my amp. Can you please explain how to do this?

get a RCA to 3.5mm cord.

u know if this doesn't work... my head's gonna fall off.

your rca cables...

See if it plays then.

x2

your rca cables...

See if it plays then.

x2

u know if this doesn't work... my head's gonna fall off.

LOL I don't want your head to fall off. But it's going to be about 20 more minutes before I can check. It's always something. all the traffic on the way to radio shack decided they wanted to drive 5-10mph under the speed limit ( I drive about 5-10 over lol) Then on top of that, I get home to find out that my ipod is dead rofl.

Good luck !

Wish it's just a bad set of rca.

Still nothing. Just got back in from trying the 3.5mm to rca from my ipod. Not a damn thing. I even replaced all of the fuses in the amp, and the one under my hood. Still no luck :suicide-santa::ughdunno:

One thing I did notice though, and I don't know if it's normal or not. When I first turn my key on and the amp gets power, It starts in Protection for like half of a second then goes to green light. Is this normal for sundown amps?

Edited by Thekid5678

yes, that's to prevent turn-on pop.

ok, let's go over everything here...

Your sub doesn't play but both coils read fine and they both pop on battery so sub works...

Your rcas have been tested by different cable and source altogether and still no sound.

Your amp has been swapped out with another amp and same thing...

HOWEVER... you have been stating that ur sundown amp has been going into protect...

When you did amp swap, did the other amp go into protect any?

try this-

Run speaker wire to ONLY one terminal set on sub, not both.

Don't ask me why right now.. just try it, doesn't matter which terminal set, just choose one side and run it.

Play something at a moderate volume, just nothing full blast.

Put your hand on the subs cone.

Be looking for bass or movement from the cone.

Make sure the amp is not in protect when doing this.

A loose remote wire gave me almost identical symptoms a week or so ago. I tried everything with no luck, Checked behind the headunit and it had some how come uncrimped and was barely connected. Next bet would be a poor ground connection. One other possibility is a bad speaker terminal on the box, make sure you test directly to the sub.

Edited by ricksi30

A loose remote wire gave me almost identical symptoms a week or so ago. I tried everything with no luck, Checked behind the headunit and it had some how come uncrimped and was barely connected. Next bet would be a poor ground connection. One other possibility is a bad speaker terminal on the box, make sure you test directly to the sub.

I have pulled my head unit, and all connections are Great. All terminals/ connections to terminals on the box are great

Edited by Thekid5678

try this-

Run speaker wire to ONLY one terminal set on sub, not both.

Don't ask me why right now.. just try it, doesn't matter which terminal set, just choose one side and run it.

Play something at a moderate volume, just nothing full blast.

Put your hand on the subs cone.

Be looking for bass or movement from the cone.

Make sure the amp is not in protect when doing this.

Going out to try this now