Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

Quick Question About Hooking Up Two Amps

Hey all.Im curious about hooking up two planet audio bb2 2400 watt rms amps.Here is my question.When haveing to of these amps hooked together it says its 2 ohm stable.My subs are dual 4 ohm and I have 2 wired to 1ohm.If I bought another BB2 how would it work?Like would each amp rung at 1/2 ohm or what since the subs are dual 4 ohm?If so,would I be better off to run 1 amp to each sub and run each at 2 ohms?Would this make me louder at all doing each at amp at 2ohms or would I be about the same?

My electrical consists of a 220 amp alt,All 1/0 wireing including big 3 in 1/0 and I have a extra batt in the back.

Thanks and let me know please.

Your options would be to wire one sub per amp, or (if the amps are strappable) rewire the subs in series-parallel to a 4ohm final load and strap the amps.

Easiest option is just to run one sub per amp @ 2ohm.

Your options would be to wire one sub per amp, or (if the amps are strappable) rewire the subs in series-parallel to a 4ohm final load and strap the amps.

Easiest option is just to run one sub per amp @ 2ohm.

^this^ or if you're looking for more power, sell the Big Bang and get a larger 1 ohm stable amp.