Quentin Jarrell

10" excursion videos with Genisis xbl motor

.75 cubic feet tuned to 40 hertz with appx 450 watts clamped

Sorry, took my vids down...didn't realize this was in your forum.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Sorry, took my vids down...didn't realize this was in your forum.

not a problem I should have been a little more detailed on the title. Should have said 10" sub videos with Genisis XBL^2 motor !!!

Edited by Audibel Customs

These aren't exaggerated excursion levels like a free air video or videos with huge amounts of power to push the sub to its mechanical limits. These videos were performed with apprx. 450 watts clamped which is what will be recommended for daily use. At 70% BL these subs have 25mm one way excursion.

Looks good.

Where is your spider/landing?

should put a white dot or something on the cone so we can see the excursion better ;) Looks like a beefy 10"!

i clicked thinking it was guna do 10" excursion/throw .

nice either way

Where is your spider/landing?

x2 is this done on purpose? lol

I would say we are using ferro-fluid, but we're not. The spiders I received were not correct so I "rigged" one for this 10" and a 15" to do load tests on the motor and coil. It doesnt look too pretty so I didn't take any pics of it.

should put a white dot or something on the cone so we can see the excursion better ;) Looks like a beefy 10"!

on music playing lil boosie

apprx 450 watts clamped playing sound sweep

Thing moves! :morepower1:

Thing moves! :morepower1:

Nope, absolutly NO more power. This is the whole point of us using Xbl^2 technology. How many other 25 mm xmax subs on the market only need 500 watts? Not many. We can get just as loud with 40-60 percent less power than any standard topology in the market. There for saving you the customer $$$$$$$ in the long run.

Imagine running two of these 15's on 1,000 watts and being just as loud as you buddy. But your buddy needed 2,000-2,500 watts so he spent twice as much on his amp, twice as much on his wiring, had to buy more batteries, and more than likely had to buy a high output alt.

The best example that people can relate to would be Dan's Brahma. Shit tons of output, but only needed 1,000-1,200 watts. How many subs on the market today with equivilant output only uses 1,200 watts?

Since when does having a High Xmax sub mean its going to be louder than one with normal?

I'm not a expert when it comes to this by no means. But how can you definitely say these subs will be louder than whoevers buddy's setup with twice the power?

Basically seems like your saying this is some wonder sub that's super loud, to be what it is.

Since when does having a High Xmax sub mean its going to be louder than one with normal?

I'm not a expert when it comes to this by no means. But how can you definitely say these subs will be louder than whoevers buddy's setup with twice the power?

Basically seems like your saying this is some wonder sub that's super loud, to be what it is.

He didnt say the high xmax of his subwoofer would make it louder than normal, he was using that as a reference or example. The fact the sub utilizes Xbl^2 technology is what makes it louder on lower power compared to a driver of the similar make-up without the Xbl^2 technology.

He didnt say the high xmax of his subwoofer would make it louder than normal, he was using that as a reference or example. The fact the sub utilizes Xbl^2 technology is what makes it louder on lower power compared to a driver of the similar make-up without the Xbl^2 technology.

Since I have a BL curve of our Divine motor we will use it as an example.

divinebl.jpg

This sub has a one way xmax of about 33mm one way. The topology (on this particular motor) allows the BL (motor force) to keep nearly 95% of it's strength through 70% of its linear stroke. Typical overhung motors start to lose motor force rapidly as the coils moves away from the center of the gap. So in order to keep the force on the coil constant you have to compensate for that loss in BL (motor force) by increasing amplifier power.

If this this doesn't explain it better let me know and I can upload white papers from Dan that might explain it a little easier.

I understand the basics of XBL^2.

I just don't understand the reason to come on here claiming a 500 watt sub to outperform a 1000 watt sub.

I could say more, but like I said, I'm not a expert, and just because I'm thinking it, doesn't mean its correct.

I will ask this, if XBL^2 is so great for making louder than normal subs on less power, why doesn't companies use it anymore? And yes a select few do, but none are known for being louder than the others.

I've never seen an SPL woofer use XBL^2 technology...

I've never seen an SPL woofer use XBL^2 technology...

Ask scottie about the extremes