tericke

HELP!!! Audioque HDC3 12" Box

I Order an Audioque HDC3 12" sub and I was wondering is a 3 cubic ft box tuned to 35Hz is good? I really want deep bass and I want to know if this well get loud? It will be powered off a MB Quart onx1.1500d.

Loud depends on the person but yes, it'll get decently loud. Try like 2.5 cubes tuned to 38hz. Make sure u run that slut off 1 ohm with that amp.

Edited by Moofs

Is your definition of, "deep bass" above 30 Hz.?

Perhaps you should change your order to something else.

It would cost to much to change the order from where I live, basically I was told THE HDC3 get loud but it likes high tuning but Im not a real big fan of the high tuning, so i want to know if the 3 cubic ft box tuned to 35Hz would sound good and loud.

It would cost to much to change the order from where I live, basically I was told THE HDC3 get loud but it likes high tuning but Im not a real big fan of the high tuning, so i want to know if the 3 cubic ft box tuned to 35Hz would sound good and loud.

You bought a sub that you heard did the opposite of what you want......?

Like really though...you wanted a Camaro and got a Suburban? Anyway Hdc's are a "holy fuck...I can taste the bass" kind of sub. They like 36+. If you wanted to be able to drop down into the 20's you fucked up. (Cuz you bought the wrong sub)

That sub doesn't "like" high tuning. Most of the people who run them choose to tune their boxes that way.

That sub doesn't "like" high tuning. Most of the people who run them choose to tune their boxes that way.

No...they require relatively high tuning. They are designed for it.

No...they require relatively high tuning. They are designed for it.

^this^

Isn't recommended tuning 38hz?

I think so, subs that arent ment to get low and deep usually need a higher tuning, OP i think you should have done a little more research on sub choice but honestly i dont think you will be disappointed in the end, iv heard those things get pretty damn loud, and 3cuft might be a little too big for a 12". id say anywhere from 2.25 to 2.5 would be good

1.75-2.75 cubic feet depending on goals/power.

Yes, I was wrong. I was thinking he meant the 15". The 15" and the 12" vary quite a bit. I wouldn't have said that in regards to the 12. For the 15 I came up with a box size of 3.24ft^3 tuned at 26.14Hz with a 3db roll off starting at 20.68Hz. I used general formulas to find the ideal box specifications for the flattest response curve. When it was implied that the HD's liked a certain tuning this is what I had in mind. The 12 came out to 38Hz. My apologies.