Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

pic's of the IA flatlyne 15 coil.....

hey fellas, well i finally got around to taking the sub out of the box to get some pic's. the coild is darker than normal but i think its because of the glue that is used .only problem now is that my iphone wont send them to my email account. so if u want to see pic's. feel free to give me a text and ill be more than happy to send them to u becasue im worried this could be/is a potential problem. pm me for number.

Thanks again guys

Upload them to an image hosting service from your phone. Most support mobile uploads

Upload them to an image hosting service from your phone. Most support mobile uploads

my iphone is the older 3g version and its unlocked. what part of cincy u from? maybe we could meet up and u can take a look at the coil in person.

Coils are already pretty dark on them, here is a pic of one of my twelves. It was never abused.

2011-08-14_17-24-54_306.jpg

Coils are already pretty dark on them, here is a pic of one of my twelves. It was never abused.

2011-08-14_17-24-54_306.jpg

dude no lie, i thought that was the pic i took lol. ya that EXACTALLY how the coils on my 15 looks.

Thanks for clearing this one up bromo :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

Have you tryed to hook it up to a different amp?

this amp is the only powerful one i have. i have a kicker zr240 (oldschool) but i doubt it has the watts to really push it.

Flatlyne coils are very dark from the beginning. Looks normal.

ya. i didnt know that before. so when i seem them i thought something was seriously wrong

ya. i didnt know that before. so when i seem them i thought something was seriously wrong

Color of the coil isn't exactly a direct indication of it being abused or overpowered. I've seen coils come from the manufacture almost black to begin with. I assume different glues are different colors.

Color of the coil isn't exactly a direct indication of it being abused or overpowered. I've seen coils come from the manufacture almost black to begin with. I assume different glues are different colors.

ya.

Ive made coils smoke and not be that dark and ive had ones show up new darker. Its all in the epoxy they use to cover the wire.

Ive made coils smoke and not be that dark and ive had ones show up new darker. Its all in the epoxy they use to cover the wire.

ya. i didnt know that lol. im used to kicker's subs whichare shinny copper coils.

ya. i didnt know that lol. im used to kicker's subs whichare shinny copper coils.

Just because they are copper color doesn't mean it is copper. Most voicecoils look like copper but in fact isn't. Not saying none are color, but this is a misconception a lot, just because its the same color.