okay im running my subs at 2ohms but my amp isnt 2ohm stable, its a crunch 1100wat

i kno someone selling a sony 1000watt 2ohm stable amp, is it worth it? he's selling for 35 bucks, (he needs cash quick)

but is it worth it?

I highly doubt it, most of the Sony amps I've seen (like the ones from wal-mart) get really hot and do not last when you turn 'em up a bit to actually try to get a decent bit of power from them, you'll likely see about 2-300 watts out of it for a short time before it goes up in smoke.

This is at 4 ohms by the way, I'm not even sure if they will handle a 2 ohm load.

It would be nice as stated in your other thread to have a possible budget idea...

An amp that does full power at a 2 ohm load I don't beleive will be found in entry level amps.

Something to consider: I know that Sundown amps (other brands I'm sure) like the SAZ1000 can be linked and work together for a 2ohm load.

Keep researching for what will work for your needs!

im thinkin like 2-3 hundred, i kno it isnt much but im looking to find a used one

Personally I'd look at a good .5ohm stable amp or find two smaller 1ohm stable amps. At .5ohm you have to have a healthy electrical and you need to be careful (you are probably a little too new for this, no offense). Two 1ohm stable amps will be out of your budget by a little but probably a much better investment.

If it were me i'd look at something like a sundown 1000d and simply run one sub until you can afford another 1000d.

Your problem is a 2ohm load, it's typically not the ideal spot for power. Most sub amps make their big power at 1ohm, so you're going to have to settle with buying two amps that each run at 1ohm or buying one huge amp and running at 2ohm. The one amp at 2ohm is going to be making roughly 1/2 the power that it could make at 1ohm and so essentially you'll be paying for twice the wattage that you'll be using. This means that you'll be paying more and getting less, not really ideal.

Something else to keep in mind, you keep looking at cheaper, lets say "shitty" amps. You may save money and think these amps will perform admirably but you'll end up with another amp that cuts off, and/or an amp that you can never resell.

You get what you pay for, and if you watch the classifieds, it's the nice amps and that get resold. You put $150-$200 on a crap amp and you're stuck with it because nobody else wants it (like the $35 sony amp, there's a reason it's $35). Save up and get a nice amp and when you're ready to change systems you'll be able to recoup most if not all of your investment (and yes you will want to change, this hobby is a little addictive).

When i've sold audio gear in the past I rarely lose more than 20% off what I paid for the items, and usually end up making money because I shop for two months and catch a deal instead of making an impulse buy. Money spend on audio doesn't have to be money lost, but if you're not careful it definitely will be.

i dont kno a hole bunch, if anything about sub ohms and power and stuff, when the guy who built my box rewired them he said they were wired at .5ohms, can i go back to .5 ohms then and find a .5ohm stable amp?

rewiring is relatively easy and something you should definitely learn now, it'll be infinitely beneficial. Nothing more than connecting + and - terminals in the correct manner. BCAE1 will be your friend here.

You can rewire to .5ohm but that's the equivalent of turning up the boost on a turbocharged engine, if you don't do it correctly and with restraint you will kill stuff (the sub, amp, and even catching your car on fire is possible). I was honestly just listing it as an option because it is one, not because it's best for you.

Alpine pdx m-12

keep an eye on ebay for deals like this. be patient and make a purchase that wont be regretted. This is just one example, u were given a list of other 2 ohm stable amps on the other thread so search for them on ebay and make an intelligent purchase.

just be careful on ebay, alot of people dont have warrenty or better yet a no return policy, its always good to buy something with a warrenty if you can especially when your first starting out in car audio, my advise is just turn down your gain a little bit on your current amp and save up for a decent amp that can push those subs the way they should, its gonna be tough to do at 2ohms since there 1000 watts each but you have some very nice subs so why skimp on the power, it would be like puttin regular fuel in an Indy race car just doesnt make sense. I would say just get a saz1500 and wire to .5ohms but that could go good or bad depending on how well your electrical is and how well you can manage your equipment, saving always pays off in the end tho :morepower1: