SMpaintball78

2 kicker solo x's and amp. need helppppp

here was my question"so now the big question... the subs are dual 1 ohm, so would i have to get 2 zx 1500.1's, or is there a way i could just run 1 zx2500?? ( only 2 ohm stble) "
Don't beleive that's gonna happen. Check this for options on your wiring.Your gonna need and amp to run 1ohm for both.
see thats all i was looking for.. :captain: a answer. Thanks for the help

Oh, I had plenty to I could have responded with, but I chose to just give an answer.

Sean and Ryan are two of the few reasons I love this forum. I wouldn't want them to change in anyway.

I have to agree, I have learned a lot just from reading these and other members posts.

here was my question

"so now the big question... the subs are dual 1 ohm, so would i have to get 2 zx 1500.1's, or is there a way i could just run 1 zx2500?? ( only 2 ohm stble) "

where in my post does it say i need all this non scense?????? i asked a plain and simple question.

Then you should have just posted the question and not the story of your issues. You opened the door, I merely stepped in. Like I said, take it however you want. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you do, even better.

OP i dont know if your dead set on the zx amps but there only 2 ohm stable and your subs are 2500 rms each, if you got the zx2500 then you would have to either wire to 1ohm or 4ohms since your subs are dual 1ohm, you amp wouldnt be able to wire to 1ohm so you would have to wire to 4ohms on your zx2500, if you want to stay kicker then 2 zx1500 would work great but be extemely expensive. Just something to think about, sorry for the non sense earlier, if your only after getting stupid loud then youll love those x's

iv just always wanted a pair of them. ever since i started into car audio. now i finally had the chance to pick some up for extra cheap so i did. and i can get 2 kicker zx 1500's for right around $700.

Thats a lot of dough for some amps man, if i were you id think about getting one badass amp that will do 1ohm all day for half that price, but same brand is always nice, id like to see some vids once its all hooked up and running, should get pretty damn loud in there

OP i dont know if your dead set on the zx amps but there only 2 ohm stable and your subs are 2500 rms each, if you got the zx2500 then you would have to either wire to 1ohm or 4ohms since your subs are dual 1ohm, you amp wouldnt be able to wire to 1ohm so you would have to wire to 4ohms on your zx2500, if you want to stay kicker then 2 zx1500 would work great but be extemely expensive. Just something to think about, sorry for the non sense earlier, if your only after getting stupid loud then youll love those x's

iv just always wanted a pair of them. ever since i started into car audio. now i finally had the chance to pick some up for extra cheap so i did. and i can get 2 kicker zx 1500's for right around $700.

Thats a lot of dough for some amps man, if i were you id think about getting one badass amp that will do 1ohm all day for half that price, but same brand is always nice, id like to see some vids once its all hooked up and running, should get pretty damn loud in there

^^^This

here was my question

"so now the big question... the subs are dual 1 ohm, so would i have to get 2 zx 1500.1's, or is there a way i could just run 1 zx2500?? ( only 2 ohm stble) "

where in my post does it say i need all this non scense?????? i asked a plain and simple question.

Then you should have just posted the question and not the story of your issues. You opened the door, I merely stepped in. Like I said, take it however you want. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you do, even better.

because i wanted everyone to know my situation and what some of my options were at this point. not all that other stuff...

ya i see what ur saying. i seen a vid. on youtube of 2 12" solo x's on 1 audiopipe 3000 (389.95) and they were moving pretty good for a cheap amp. i just wanted everyhting kicker on this one. but now im highly considering just doing 1 big amp

here was my question

because i wanted everyone to know my situation and what some of my options were at this point. not all that other stuff...

. . . And I voiced my opinions on your options. You didn't like it, simple as that.

here was my question

. . . And I voiced my opinions on your options. You didn't like it, simple as that.

ya but there was no need for the whole parent thing. that was fucked. i didnt think a mod. would say something of this sort.....

There was a need for the parent thing. You just can't see it. I am a parent and I see the issue. I went through the same issue as a child. I will say whatever I feel, mod or not. That makes no difference.

ya i see what ur saying. i seen a vid. on youtube of 2 12" solo x's on 1 audiopipe 3000 (389.95) and they were moving pretty good for a cheap amp. i just wanted everyhting kicker on this one. but now im highly considering just doing 1 big amp

Its always nice to have more space in your ride and more cash in your pocket with the same results ;)

There was a need for the parent thing. You just can't see it. I am a parent and I see the issue. I went through the same issue as a child. I will say whatever I feel, mod or not. That makes no difference.

A need for bashing someones parents on a car audio forum?? doesnt make sense and it shouldnt...

I know you'll take offense to this, but your parents are retarded. If you have bills to pay why are you not paying them instead of buying something you don't need and can't afford? That's part of the reason our society and country is so fucked up. You've just been taught a poor lesson on handling finances.

What in the fuck dude? You can't call someone's parents retarded, say they're part of the reason the country is fucked up, and then proceed to say that said parents taught them poorly financially without them getting pissed off?

What if I said your parents were dumb as shit and raised a whiner who blames the country's problems on everyone else? See how that might be taken the wrong way? He asked for amp advice and gave a little back story.

Actually his posts are full of advice. It's just most people are too but hurt and can't take criticism. It's the world we live in and the younger generation has been coddled and given whatever they wanted. They have a feeling of entitlement and are lazy and incompetent. The beautiful thing about this site is you get more than just audio advice. How you take it is totally up to you. If you don't like it, you can leave as well.

Once again, for whatever reason, you take out your frustrations on the current generation by insulting them (Words like lazy and incompetent are insults, no matter how sensitive you are.) Who the fuck wants to be called lazy and incompetent cuz their parents loaned them some money? Seriously? "Take my insults or leave?" How tasteless and disrespectful is that. Can you not disagree with his actions without insulting his parents? If not you have problems. (See that, that's an insult, not advice. Learn the difference)

Its just unbelievable how some mods think they can be so disrespectful and harsh to the people that need help when thats what this forum is for is helping people that come and ask for it, I just dont understand it, i think positive criticism would be of so much more help then calling someones parents retarded and telling someone there opinion is ignorant....Just my .02 :ughdunno:

Damn we have a bunch of babies here. The reason I like this forum more than any other is because I know that I can say what I want. Take his criticism as positive or negative it's your choice. If you don't want comments about your parents maybe you shouldn't bring them up on a car audio forum. :ughdunno:

u ever hear of " if u dont have nothing nice to say, you shouldnt say anything at all"

i appoligize that my parents are in a finciale state to where they can lend me money without being stressed about it. they know im a hard worker and wont have any problem paying it back.... or else they wouldnt have lended it to me in the first place. now i got a question for you. whats was your dream set-up when you first started car audio? i mean when u FIRST got into it? for instance when i first got into it, i had 2 10" kicker comps and my dream system was to have 2 solo x's. not 4 15's. lol at the time i though that was a bit over kill

Damn we have a bunch of babies here. The reason I like this forum more than any other is because I know that I can say what I want. Take his criticism as positive or negative it's your choice. If you don't want comments about your parents maybe you shouldn't bring them up on a car audio forum. :ughdunno:

how can someone having there parents called retarded take that as a posative??????????????????????? :peepwall:

u ever hear of " if u dont have nothing nice to say, you shouldnt say anything at all"

i appoligize that my parents are in a finciale state to where they can lend me money without being stressed about it. they know im a hard worker and wont have any problem paying it back.... or else they wouldnt have lended it to me in the first place. now i got a question for you. whats was your dream set-up when you first started car audio? i mean when u FIRST got into it? for instance when i first got into it, i had 2 10" kicker comps and my dream system was to have 2 solo x's. not 4 15's. lol at the time i though that was a bit over kill

No, however I have heard the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all"

how can someone having there parents called retarded take that as a posative??????????????????????? :peepwall:

They shouldnt and wont, but yea OP i think 1 badass amp would be much more suffice, after all power is power as long as its clean.

Look, I don't care what you say about me, or my parents or anyone else for that matter. So go ahead and do whatever you like. It won't hurt me.

If you come on here and make any statement you are opening the door for whatever responses and opinions people deem appropriate or inappropriate. What you take from it is up to you.

Look, I don't care what you say about me, or my parents or anyone else for that matter. So go ahead and do whatever you like. It won't hurt me.

If you come on here and make any statement you are opening the door for whatever responses and opinions people deem appropriate or inappropriate. What you take from it is up to you.

Hahaha so much for modding the forums.....

Look, I don't care what you say about me, or my parents or anyone else for that matter. So go ahead and do whatever you like. It won't hurt me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!!

Fixed

No, however I have heard the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all"

I've heard it a million times. It doesn't make any sense. I could delve further, but it's pointless.

Look, I don't care what you say about me, or my parents or anyone else for that matter. So go ahead and do whatever you like. It won't hurt me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!!

Fixed

That reminds me of Shrek all the time.

For an on-topic response: One amp will be more budget friendly. It always looks cool to have matching equipment but you can have better for less if you look elsewhere. Lastly there are better options than Optima.

Fixed

That reminds me of Shrek all the time.

Just had too!!! :eek5wavey: