artg75

quote for 1 10" DCON

hi, can i have a quote for a 10" Dcon S4 300w single 4ohm enclosure. i dont really understand about tuning it ( you guys know much more than me ) or should it be ported or sealed, but i'm into sq not spl.

the car is accord 2011 sedan and i try to have as much trunk space as possible. carpet will be charcoal grey

thank u

you can find the prices here at the store. Here is a link directly to it so you dont have to click store

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Sub-Woofers/SoundSolutionsAudio/DCON/

If your more into SQ then id say a well built custom ported box or a sealed box would do, Goodluck with your purchase, iv heard great things about those dcons

i'm sorry i think we misunderstood each other. what i meant was i want you to build me a box for my dcon. u build subwoofer box right?

i'm sorry i think we misunderstood each other. what i meant was i want you to build me a box for my dcon. u build subwoofer box right?

in youre locale you should be able to ask around to find a builder. Somewhere on these forums are specific plans for a dcon 10. You'd basically print the plans and take em to a builder .

you can find the prices here at the store. Here is a link directly to it so you dont have to click store

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Sub-Woofers/SoundSolutionsAudio/DCON/

If your more into SQ then id say a well built custom ported box or a sealed box would do, Goodluck with your purchase, iv heard great things about those dcons

Haha he needs a BOX for his DCON. I thought the same thing when I read the title.

Would help if you gave the max dimensions you're willing to give up in your trunk so Quentin can see what kind of room he has to work with.

Just because a box is ported doesn't mean it's going to sound like ass. But of the flip side, just because a box is sealed doesn't mean it can't get loud. We can't automatically assume he needs a sealed box because he is "more into SQ".

in youre locale you should be able to ask around to find a builder. Somewhere on these forums are specific plans for a dcon 10. You'd basically print the plans and take em to a builder .

haha look what section this is posted in :P I think he's in the right place asking the right question ha. But the max dimensions would be perfect for them to draft and build something for you. Although with a single 10 you probably wont be hitting near any of them anyways. Glad to see more ssa subs, can't wait for mine.

haha look what section this is posted in :P I think he's in the right place asking the right question ha. But the max dimensions would be perfect for them to draft and build something for you. Although with a single 10 you probably wont be hitting near any of them anyways. Glad to see more ssa subs, can't wait for mine.

ack, sorry man. Im new :-p

I have worked up three different options for you.

1. sealed, my least favorite and personally would not do sealed for this sub. qtc .7 (flattest responce with most bass extension) .32 cubic feet with a f3 (3 db loss) @ 67 hertz. Using a

larger sealed enclosure just results in a loss responce from above enclosure.

2. best sq ported enclosure with qtc of .7 (flatttest responce with most bass extension) .56 cubic feet tuned to 38.5 hertz with a f3 (3 db loss) @ 38.5 herts

3. typical daily ported enclosure 1.25 cubic feet tuned to 40 hertz with a f3 (3 db loss) @ 35 hertz and a 2 db gain @ 45 hertz

As long as you don't want 45 degree corners (which you'll never hear the difference anyway with enough port area) eigther ported box will be 115 plus shipping and the sealed box will be 90 plus shipping.

I vote for option 3, but I personally would prefer a lower tuning. I think I have a phobia of tuning above 34hz. :P

tuning 34 hertz or lower will result in a saddle shaped responce curve from 40 to 100 hertz with a 1.25 db loss and no gain. Tuning to 40 herts will give a pretty flat responce down to 60 hertz with a nice little boost from 60 to 38 hertz. Because he wanted to save space I would go with a higher tuning. If space was not an issue a larger enclosure could easily compensate for the losses of a lower tuning.

Edited by Audibel Customs

tuning 34 hertz or lower will result in a saddle shaped responce curve from 40 to 100 hertz with a 1.25 db loss and no gain. Tuning to 40 herts will give a pretty flat responce down to 60 hertz with a nice little boost from 60 to 38 hertz. Because he wanted to save space I would go with a higher tuning. If space was not an issue a larger enclosure could easily compensate for the losses of a lower tuning.

That is where I tend to differ from a lot of people, my mid's are usually coming in around 53-60 and I am usually not looking for any freq boost. :)

I agree, my Mids are crossed down to 55 hertz, I also like my subs in a .7 qtc ported enclosure with a f3 around 25-27 hertz but some woofers are just not designed for that.

i think i will use option 3. i dont need the 45 degree corner. do u still need me to give u the trunk dimension? if yes then i can give it to you on monday, but if not, then please just make it so that it will fit in my trunk without sacrifying too much space please. and also please give me info on how to make the payment and shipping is to 92630

thanks

Edited by artg75

Although it is a small enclosure if you can give me a Max height and max width I can make it as shallow as possible to save you a little trunk space.

I will make a sketch-up of the enclosure once you approve the design I will send an invoice to your paypal. Once payment has cleared the enclosure will ship out within seven(7) business days

Although it is a small enclosure if you can give me a Max height and max width I can make it as shallow as possible to save you a little trunk space.

I will make a sketch-up of the enclosure once you approve the design I will send an invoice to your paypal. Once payment has cleared the enclosure will ship out within seven(7) business days

ok i will tell you the measurement tomorrow...Thanks