Havasufreak

Lack of midbass

Im thinking of getting (4) Selenium 6w4p speakers and curious which four channel amp you guys would recommend for them?

Im not sure if around 150 bucks will give me a decent amp or not, but that's prob as high as i would like to go price wise!

Let alone. What do you guys think of Selenium? Im def in need of better midbass and those seemed to catch my eye.

So throw me some amp suggestions and that would be great!!

Thanks guys!

Edited by Havasufreak

something like a used/refurb kicker 350.4 can be had under 150.

i dont have an opinion of the speakers, maybe a better idea would be to rewrite your entire thread so we can address your main problem, "lack of midbass", so we can talk about how you plan to install them, deadening, etc.

something like a used/refurb kicker 350.4 can be had under 150.

i dont have an opinion of the speakers, maybe a better idea would be to rewrite your entire thread so we can address your main problem, "lack of midbass", so we can talk about how you plan to install them, deadening, etc.

good idea! i took your advice on the topic. i have taken an interest in some new MB Quart amps off some sites. anybody have experience with them? which one would you recommend?

For a four channel amplifier recommendation the Crescendo 1000c4 are selling new/shipped for $195 through Crescendo.

What is your current setup that makes you think you have a lack of midbass?

Im thinking of getting (4) Selenium 6w4p speakers and curious which four channel amp you guys would recommend for them?

Im not sure if around 150 bucks will give me a decent amp or not, but that's prob as high as i would like to go price wise!

Let alone. What do you guys think of Selenium? Im def in need of better midbass and those seemed to catch my eye.

So throw me some amp suggestions and that would be great!!

Thanks guys!

If you need better midbass you should look at something else completely. That is not the forte of those drivers, not even close.

What does your system consist of currently?

Make custom door enclosures or your door speakers? Fiberglass, wood, skills and your good to go?

What made you pick those Seleniums? I think you need to address what your issue is more precisely before you make a decision on speakers. Don't forget to put an emphasis on the install. Even the best speakers will loose a considerable amount of midbass in an untreated door.

For a four channel amplifier recommendation the Crescendo 1000c4 are selling new/shipped for $195 through Crescendo.

thanks man! ill look into that one!

how bout this.... forget my lack of midbass topic... im looking at new midbass drivers...

what amp would u guys recommend for the Selenium drivers.

Anything that does there rated power at the desired ohm load you need and what fits your budget. I would say a 2 channel amp that does 200w x4 @ 4 ohms (two speakers per channel) or a 4 channel amp that does 200w x4 @ 4 ohms bridged. Give or take some wattage.

thanks man! ill look into that one!

how bout this.... forget my lack of midbass topic... im looking at new midbass drivers...

what amp would u guys recommend for the Selenium drivers.

It's hard to ignore the fact that you are trying to improve your midbass by selecting speakers that are not going to excel at midbass performance. Seems a little like trying to use a band-aid to fix a broken leg....then asking us to forget about the broken leg, you just need recommendations on what brand of band-aid to use.

All I'm reading is amplifier suggestions.

How about, what have you had installed in the past? Location it was installed?

Did you have those mb quart 6.5s in factory door panels? Have you treated your door panels with cld tiles, mlv, ccf, and sealed any holes?

What size speakers can you fit in factory door panels? Are you willing to buy or make kick pods?

my head hurts reading this topic :puzzled:

im looking at new midbass drivers...

Okay, good. Obviously not those Seleniums then since you again used the term Midbass...