stocks

Components

well, decided to jump on the bandwagon again. i've decided i want some decent entry level comps. i've been looking at morel maximo 6.5s.. anything else around $120 that would suit my needs? wanted to stay right at $100 but unfortunately i saw nothing in the classifieds that would suit my needs

Edited by cranberryyumyum

How about the new Incriminator Compnonents in the SSA Store?

I would recommend the IA components. I just installed a pair in my car.

How about the new Incriminator Compnonents in the SSA Store?

I would recommend the IA components. I just installed a pair in my car.

hmm really? they seem to be a little less sensitive, the morels at 90.5db and the incriminators at 88db. i know that's pretty damn comparable, but i may be biased towards the morel name as well..... also, it's $20 shipping for the incriminators. but if they're a better speaker then i will definitely consider them instead.

Agreed on ia comps

well looks like everyone has the same opinion on these.. thanks man. makes my decision harder i guess

I have the ia comps iv never heard morels. Its really up to you. I have ia subs so I like to keep all the same company for my install.

One thing to consider on the Morels: Is the dealer authorized? Warranty? Tech support?

With the IA comps your buying from an authorized dealer, great customer support form IA and SSA. And the members here on the forum can help as well.

IA FTMFW!

Well there isn't any T/S specs for either drivers, at least none listed on manufacturer's site.

How long has Morel been making speakers, specifically midrange, midbass, tweeters, etc?

How long has IA been doing it?

Your basically going off the manufacturer name in this case...

I have the ia comps iv never heard morels. Its really up to you. I have ia subs so I like to keep all the same company for my install.

yup. thanks for the input

One thing to consider on the Morels: Is the dealer authorized? Warranty? Tech support?With the IA comps your buying from an authorized dealer, great customer support form IA and SSA. And the members here on the forum can help as well.IA FTMFW!

damnit. now you're changing my mind. the morels are from amazon and i would assume them to be an authorized dealer. plus a warranty. but none of the support ia has on this board. but they're more expensive. so i'm conflicted

You wont be disappointed going with the IA's. Very nice set, especially for the price.

Well there isn't any T/S specs for either drivers, at least none listed on manufacturer's site.

How long has Morel been making speakers, specifically midrange, midbass, tweeters, etc?

How long has IA been doing it?

Your basically going off the manufacturer name in this case...

morel is an established name and has been for decades. ia is a great company also, but there are no in depth reviews of either of the speakers. which is why i'm having trouble deciding on either.

any one have a third candidate?

You wont be disappointed going with the IA's. Very nice set, especially for the price.

alright. well looks like.... ia is winning the discussion

Edited by cranberryyumyum

yup. thanks for the input

One thing to consider on the Morels: Is the dealer authorized? Warranty? Tech support?With the IA comps your buying from an authorized dealer, great customer support form IA and SSA. And the members here on the forum can help as well.IA FTMFW!

damnit. now you're changing my mind. the morels are from amazon and i would assume them to be an authorized dealer. plus a warranty. but none of the support ia has on this board. but they're more expensive. so i'm conflicted

Honestly what support would you need? Anything you do with one, your going to do with the other. Your not putting them in an enclosure and asking help for volume or tuning. Installed in doors or kickpods, which ever driver you get, this won't change.

I guess you could burn either of them up, then it would come down to which company is going to help you out.

As for the authorized dealer, I would assume amazon would be safe, but I don't see how you could have any guarantee, where as if you order the IA's you know they aren't knockoffs.

---

I'm not saying don't get the IAs, but your in a tough spot, asking people what they think is completely subjective. Without any real background info on either drivers, you can't model them up in any way.

Assuming mounting depth isn't a deciding factor, sensitive rating in relation to rms, then your going off the company, not the product per say.

Best advice would be to read as many reviews on both products. And or go to as many shops and listen to the brands they carry.

Morel is a very respectable company and make great sounding speakers. I have yet to hear the Maximos or the new IA's, but I have had IA subs in the past and they make a great sub!

The Morels are sold directly by Amazon so no worries there until they quit carrying them.

Best advice would be to read as many reviews on both products. And or go to as many shops and listen to the brands they carry.

Morel is a very respectable company and make great sounding speakers. I have yet to hear the Maximos or the new IA's, but I have had IA subs in the past and they make a great sub!

The Morels are sold directly by Amazon so no worries there until they quit carrying them.

Best advice really. Everyone has different tastes for their front stage.

Comparing IA's subwoofers to the Maximos is like comparing apples to oranges, dontcha think? :P

Since these speakers aren't that much money, you could always try a set, sell used, take a little loss, and try the others. I'd rather do that and lose a little bit of cash but end up with what sounds better to me.

See what local shops carry, ask if they have any of the products installed in their personal rides so you could get a demo. Listening to the wall is better then nothing. :P

Best advice would be to read as many reviews on both products. And or go to as many shops and listen to the brands they carry. Morel is a very respectable company and make great sounding speakers. I have yet to hear the Maximos or the new IA's, but I have had IA subs in the past and they make a great sub!The Morels are sold directly by Amazon so no worries there until they quit carrying them.

thanks man

Best advice would be to read as many reviews on both products. And or go to as many shops and listen to the brands they carry. Morel is a very respectable company and make great sounding speakers. I have yet to hear the Maximos or the new IA's, but I have had IA subs in the past and they make a great sub!The Morels are sold directly by Amazon so no worries there until they quit carrying them.
Best advice really. Everyone has different tastes for their front stage.Comparing IA's subwoofers to the Maximos is like comparing apples to oranges, dontcha think? :PSince these speakers aren't that much money, you could always try a set, sell used, take a little loss, and try the others. I'd rather do that and lose a little bit of cash but end up with what sounds better to me.See what local shops carry, ask if they have any of the products installed in their personal rides so you could get a demo. Listening to the wall is better then nothing. :P

if only there were shops in indy that carried decent equipment. there's only one i know of that carries orion and that's about the extent of decent equipment.. i'm gonna dig around a little more. thanks

Whatever you decide, be sure to post a review. :)

There are plenty of other drivers out there, but it becomes tricky with a small budget, have fun deciding hehe.

Morel is known to be a very high end driver manufacturer. I don't think that these would be their best effort. That could be why they showed up at Amazon. Also it looks like the price went up on these. I saw a post on another forum where the price was around 80-90 bucks! I'd try the IA.

Duane

Morel is known to be a very high end driver manufacturer. I don't think that these would be their best effort. That could be why they showed up at Amazon. Also it looks like the price went up on these. I saw a post on another forum where the price was around 80-90 bucks! I'd try the IA.

Duane

a little harsh don't you think? they were on sale and unfortunately i missed it by a month. oh well, funds were the issue. the ia components show up on amazon as well ;) i ended up buying the morels simply because i had a budget of about $250 to finish deadening and get come decent components; and they were cheaper. i'll buy a dcon or two to support the ssa community soon

Duane

a little harsh don't you think? they were on sale and unfortunately i missed it by a month. oh well, funds were the issue. the ia components show up on amazon as well ;) i ended up buying the morels simply because i had a budget of about $250 to finish deadening and get come decent components; and they were cheaper. i'll buy a dcon or two to support the ssa community soon

Maybe, I didn't mean to be harsh. Morel is a great name. And I haven't heard these. So who knows! Not

me, I just voiced my thoughts.

Duane

Maybe, I didn't mean to be harsh. Morel is a great name. And I haven't heard these. So who knows! Not

Duane

You mean WAS a great name. They too have succumbed to not always staying true to form and have a bunch of stuff I'd have no interest in. The comp set in question I am not referring to and have no experience with, but in general Morel doesn't get a thumbs up across the board IMO.

Duane

You mean WAS a great name. They too have succumbed to not always staying true to form and have a bunch of stuff I'd have no interest in. The comp set in question I am not referring to and have no experience with, but in general Morel doesn't get a thumbs up across the board IMO.

meh.

so i'll be the first to say i don't know much about reviewing speakers. but the morels are the nicest i've owned. of course this has a lot to do with a proper deadening job. so anyway, i'm running them off head unit power and they distort at about the same volume the stock speakers did. but i can actually hear vocals! and there's midbass! i'm sure they would be louder and clearer if amped.. but for my listening i am happy.

i am unbelievably angry that this ia sale came up days after i bought my speakers though. oh well