Fi-Foo

2011 Mazda 3 build

Hey here is my build

12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem

Sundown Saz-2500D Amplifier

1/0 Stinger Power Wire

Custom Birch box tuned to 32 hz

Stock radio(will be upgrading to a Kenwood DNX9980HD soon)

Few Pics

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1024.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

Clean setup, love the equipment.

thanks man

I just love how the dustcaps look on the 10" and 12" drivers from fi/aa, and as stupid as it sounds, I love the aa logo.

And the new mazdas are pretty awesome. Too bad I'm not closer for a demo. :(

Must say, very clean. Right down to the AA logo on the box. Awesome.

You got a nice car.

Loved my Mazda 3, it was totaled very recently on Aug. 30th. T-Boned someone who decided to make a U-turn on a sharp blind curve on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

was a 50-0 dead stop crash, guy I hit had a pretty sturdy Dodge Durango. Noone was hurt but the car was deemed totaled. Came out with out a scratch.

Just letting you know you have a awesome car.

By the way, all the 04-09 mazdas have that really annoying rear deck rattling, I don't know if the 10-11's are designed differently but if you need tips on how to get rid of the noise just let me know.

thanks man

I just love how the dustcaps look on the 10" and 12" drivers from fi/aa, and as stupid as it sounds, I love the aa logo.

And the new mazdas are pretty awesome. Too bad I'm not closer for a demo. :(

yeah i love the dustcaps too and thanks

Must say, very clean. Right down to the AA logo on the box. Awesome.

thanks man and that logo was alot of jigsaw work :D

Looks nice and clean man. How are you liking it?

So far im liking it alot i threw a fi q in the box and it peaked nice and low but the mayhem is still so stiff so i am slowly beginging to enjoy it more and more as it gets lower :D

You got a nice car.

Loved my Mazda 3, it was totaled very recently on Aug. 30th. T-Boned someone who decided to make a U-turn on a sharp blind curve on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

was a 50-0 dead stop crash, guy I hit had a pretty sturdy Dodge Durango. Noone was hurt but the car was deemed totaled. Came out with out a scratch.

By the way, all the 04-09 mazdas have that really annoying rear deck rattling, I don't know if the 10-11's are designed differently but if you need tips on how to get rid of the noise just let me know.

Im sorry to hear that hope your ok and about the rear deck it flexes like crazy but doesn't really rattle what did you do anyways ?

very awesome install!! :drink40: that logo on the box is pretty sweet.

Nice equipment for sure, I bet it gets good n loud. :drink40:

How did you make the logo? Just cut out of birch?

it is made of mdf and my brother helped me :D

That's a fat ass. I just said

Nice looking woofer.

Thanks yeah i only go with AA, Sundown, or FI Equipment

that thing is a monster!

thanks yeah its like the beefiest 12 i have ever seen

You got a nice car.

Im sorry to hear that hope your ok and about the rear deck it flexes like crazy but doesn't really rattle what did you do anyways ?

Everyone is all good. Just a few airbag burns lol.

Yeah they must be designed differently then, mine rattled like CRAZY before I treated it. Some of the main rattles were the rear of the rear deck flexing and smacking the back window. Easy fix was to just put a blanket on the rear deck to separate the deck and window. You don't have to stuff the blanket but just lay it on the rear deck and it looks alright as well.

As far as under the rear deck, they would smack the seatbelt fasteners and a small thin sheet of sheet metal. There was a make shift foam pad under it but it didn't cover the most crucial places. Took that out. Bought some CLD tiles to cover the sheet metal, then some CCF (Closed Cell Foam). Cut 2 sheets of ccf to the dimensions of the rear deck and placed one on top of the other. Then i took some scrap ccf and wrapped it around the seatbelt fasteners. If you wrap to much around it will interfere with the retraction of the seatbelt so make sure you test the seatbelts BEFORE you close everything back up... that was my mistake.

So after all that work i turned on my car crossed my fingers and boom! perfect! Was so relieved. And just to test it out, during a bass line i removed the blanket off the top of the rear deck and it started rattling again so it actually does work haha. But if yours isn't rattling then you dodged a bullet my friend haha.

PS. Forgot to add, all sound deadener products used were Sound Deadener Showdown products. Dom walked me through the whole thing, gave me exactly what I needed, and instructions of how much was needed in certain areas and where to put certain items. Great guy, great items.

Edited by Hzd Skizzy