Havasufreak

looking for new 6.5 drivers

Well the info i plan to glean is where my h/u, and amps have distortion.

Then it will work for that in a very limited sense and only for a single voltage output level at a certain voltage input level.

Then setup my system below that point.

Interesting. So you NEVER want to be able actually use your system to the full extent of what you have?

As for now all the music i use is clean signals.

Good for you. :gayhaaay1: The real question is at what levels. (do yourself a favor, don't answer the same ;) )

And if i get music that is dirty i dont play it in my ride.

And out of curiosity since you play NO dirty music. At what level can YOU hear distortion?

Stop avoiding and just answer the question..

Start thinking for yourself, it truly is a good skill in life to have. Guarantee the answer is related more to the question than you give it credit for. Putting some effort into a question makes the answer that much more worthwhile.

and cablguy184... im going to try the cadence CWM6 components. seem pretty good for what im looking for and with that price im not expecting the best.. so i shall see how they work for me! thanks for staying on the topic. lol :fing34:

Awesome Choice Bro ... Wish I could hear them when you get them installed ...

...(kinda sad this simple recommendation of a little 6.5 component set up went to a dispute with a dd1...) :ughdunno:

Shit happens bro ... :shrug:

Post us some pics of those components if you decide to get them ... :fing34:

Guys...what M5 is getting at is...

If you use a test tone to set it...music is not that loud so it wouldn't be accurate. If you use music to set it, not all music is recorded/produced at the same levels meaning that some songs would clip and some wouldn't. Why worry about setting your amp "right below clipping" if that's a level that changes for almost every song lol. If you plan on adjusting the volume for loud songs and quiet songs...then...that makes the distortion analyzer kinda suckish in reality. He just wants you to use better ways to keep things from breaking, like an Oscope, a DMM, or hell, your ears and eyes.

He's not saying "oh that thing won't show distortion." He's saying...why would you pay for something that does what your ears can do? He means that there are better (and cheaper)ways of setting gains on an amp. He's really looking out for you, whether you know it or not. Why spend money on a tool that can only kinda do one thing? Why not buy a dmm which you can use for multiple things? If you need this tool to set your gains then...you need to learn your system more and know signs of clipping and distortion without a machine to tell you.

[quote name='An-i-no' timestamp='1315377912' post='828707

He's not saying "oh that thing won't show distortion."

I could get into that as well. Go find the spec and read if it measures distortion or THD.

*no I haven't read the spec but know how to calculate both

Kinda like what Havasu said. I dont judge a peice of equipment before i use it in realworld applications. For the record, I own and use a ddm, and oscope. And I am lucky enough to have a good friend who is a tech geek and uses some techy analyzer to check my music. You are open to judge said equipment that is your prerogative, but i am one who has no issue trying it out to see if it works for what is should, and what i want it to do. The only time I play my system at its full extent is when I give a demo to someone who thinks I aint got shit. I dont compete in shows either im just one of those regular joes who enjoys car audio and are blessed to be able to afford to buy what i want. And im happy for you being one of those guys who can do it all with just your ears and eyes. As for me i have embraced technology and use it often.

Now Havasu get those speakers so we can see them already

Kinda like what Havasu said. I dont judge a peice of equipment before i use it in realworld applications.

Pretty hard for you to judge it when you don't even know what it does regardless of whether YOU have used it in a real world situation.

And I am lucky enough to have a good friend who is a tech geek and uses some techy analyzer to check my music.

Interesting. How and what does he "check"?

As for me i have embraced technology and use it often.

So using a device incorrectly that you don’t understand that operates a simple algorithm from the 1800’s is embracing technology?

RX you wanted me to answer a question, now its your turn.