Jd377

I wanna Upgrade.. But what to?..

with 7.3 cubes available you can do 4 12s. more cone area than 4 10s, 2 15s, or your one 18.

1st my 18" ssd box is PORTED :) ALL MY SPECS are in my Signature. Its 7.3ft cubed and the box is ported.

2nd im sure I could fit 4 10's sealed but Im not sure if i can afford 4 icons?.. or.. Q's since they are a few hundred each and hardly ever used.

3 dcons is not enough upgrade to make it worth it to me

3rd, LOl a 21" wont fit believe me.. :P

4th! OK now that Freshh added that cone area thingy.. Im thinking 4-10s, 2-15s or 1-18"

If I do 4 10's I would do sealed... If I do 2-15 I would have to do sealed.. And the plus with doing 1-18" would be I dont have to build a new box which in turn would save $50ish to $75?

So are there any 15's that would sound good sealed that dont cost tooooooo much? Im basically going for used on my next setup because I cant afford 4 new 10s or 2 new 15s.

If anyone is selling used icons or similar 10's.. Some great pair of 15s or an Xcon/Zcon/Btl 18 those would be great.

you have an 18 in 7.3cubes PORTED, but you say you have to seal the 15s? basically any 15 works in 3-5 cubes each. So why would 7.3 cubes not be enough? you could basically redo the baffle and mount them in the same box. :ughdunno:

edit: not to be a dick, but almost every idea given you seem to immediately throw it out the window.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

I know there is enough area to "put 2 15s" or "4 12s" but.. im not sure about fitting them plus a port? I know technically there is enough area inside the box to meet requirements but im not sure if there is enough face room like on top/side/ or where ever i mount them plus the port.

The box I have right now is exactly fit to my trunk the the biggest measurements possible.

READ::::

The box I currently have i fit perfect WE Slanted the REAR of the box to fit the EXACT Slant of my rear seats,,, ALSO we built the box down into the SPARE TIRE COMPARTMENT for and extra around 1' cubed.. There is like a mini box in the tire area attached to the bottom of the Big portion of the box to add area inside plus the slanted back portion..

My next box I want to make a simple rectangular box that does not have a alien-like attachment going into the spare tire and make it flat backed, not slanted to rear seats. These are reasons I MAY not possibly be able to fit as much as stated. :)

And to Chevy, I only recall turning down the 21" because.. lord knows I dont wanna mess with a 21 in a civic haha. And 2nd I just didnt want 4-10" dcons because of their output range.

I am very open to amplifier and subwoofer suggestions because I am only familiar with JL audio/Fi audio and Some what sundown.. So i love ideas and people experience

Btw.. as people read this, If anyone is looking for an 18" Fi ssd OR a Sundown SAX-1200d amp You might msg me because I will def. be selling the sub to upgrade and most likely selling the amp to get a used AQ, Ap or hifonics.. as much as i dont want to, They put out rated for a fraction of sundowns price.. Im in college and have to save the pennies I can. I love sundown with every piece of my heart though.

-- Ill try to upload pics and list these in the for sale section within this weekend - thanks Jordan

For the money the audiopipe is always the cheapest.... and still doing its rated output with good electrical...

you ever see any Audiopipe's for sale anywhere? I'd love to grab a 3000d in place of my sundown.

Btw.. Can the sundown SAX-1200d run at 0.5ohm?.. If so I could just get a Dual 1ohm 18 and throw it on the current amp? or 4 10's wired to 0.5? I just didnt know if my amp could run 0.5 stable or not..?

my advice is to look for a UFO style BTL 18. You're a little late. As I'm sure you noticed they were selling like hotcakes a few months ago.

I understand what you mean about the surface area of the baffle and not being able to fit that many woofers on it. Hell, I could barely fit two fifteens in the back of my Explorer.

Yeah thats why I was thinking 2-15s if sealed because the width of my hatch is like just enough to fit the 2-15s and then the wood edge of the box.. no port possible lol,.