2Loud

Clipping and electrical help

Ok i have a bad clippin problem. I think its my rcas because they have always sucked. What are.some good rcas i can get. i dont care about price. And what some good speaker wire i can get i have scoche 12 gauge power wire which i do NOT trust. And im having bad voltage.drop im running stock electrical with 1 gauge welding wire.

I used stinger lvl 3 rca's in my wagon and sedan!!! NOT impressed at all with the quality of the product stay away from stinger over priced hype.

12gauge scoche is what im running to my subs also feels like junk haha Tuned into for information on quality wire and rca's for a good PRICE!! :)

I know of one brand that makes amazing speaker wire but really pricey "KASA Kable Silver Plated 10 Gauge Speaker Wire"

Prices of the stuff is not for a budget i can tell you that

Edited by Dictator

Did you upgrade the big 3?

I would check grounds. Where is your ground? Extra battery? Stock alt? I learned that when rcas are bad shit just doesn't work, not clip. If you're clipping notes and you notably see that your voltage is dropping, that's the problem. Speaker wire doesn't matter I used to use 8 gauge all the time thinking it was better, but its just. A signal of the setup, there's no power running throuugh it. Even though scoshe sucks, it still do its job. What kind of amp? What's your setup? You have 2 fuses?

Copper is copper. Given it's a normal name brand product, you really can't get bad wire. It's usually the cheaper no-name brands that suck. The power cable used as speaker cable should be fine. For RCAs, take you pick of the mainstream companies, or products available online like KnuConceptz. Try Darvex.com for some good prices, or look on the store here, but I don't know is SSA is selling anything aside from power cable yet.

Why do you think you have a clipping issue? Switching cables is NOT going to cure that BTW.

Ok i have a bad clippin problem. I think its my rcas because they have always sucked. What are.some good rcas i can get. i dont care about price. And what some good speaker wire i can get i have scoche 12 gauge power wire which i do NOT trust. And im having bad voltage.drop im running stock electrical with 1 gauge welding wire.

Doubt rca's are causing voltage drop they transfer signal not power..........

Signal is still voltage and current. A poor connection could cause a voltage drop across the RCAs and cause level matching issues, but this is highly unlikely unless they are damaged or just cheap as shit.

Can't you test rcas with dmm? Suppose to put out 3.5v +- right? Take an rca input as positive and use ground as neg?

You need to use a tone, set your meter to AC voltage, run the tone, connect the + probe to the center electrode, the - to the RCA shield or outer electrode, and measure. This won't tell you if it's clipping though. You need and o-scope for that.

Did you upgrade the big 3?

Nope just grounded the bat to chassis. Im not all for sure to do for the big three BTW thanks a bunch for the sa15s i need a better box tho. There ina 7 cube box with 4 3inch aeroports tuned to 28 herts and the box is already coming apart. Im just takin it easy on them fully broke in but more than impressed by them.

Edited by 2Loud

y do you say its clipping? also how can you stand those zeus speakers? they are freaking out but rape my ears. (i have them in my girls truck)

Edited by steveo50

y do you say its clipping? also how can you stand those zeus speakers? they are freaking out but rape my ears. (i have them in my girls truck)

Because my bass knob has a clipping light and it starts aounding like shit about 1/2 way up. Never did before when i used my friends rockford rcas and i love them they are super clear and cant beat the price lol

Edited by 2Loud