Punkeyboozter

NEO 8

Does the NEO 8 have a typical PA sound or will it make me happy when I dont want my ears to bleed? Also will the mags fit in a 6.5" hole or will I do them injustice(dont want to cut metal).

Will there be a big difference in the 8" or the soon to be 6.5" ? SQ and output wise?

itchy to get started

Thanks

To me it depends on how you tune them. Your typical evs on the rear deck sound like ass. My 8s sound good on low and high volume. Yes the magnet will fit in a 6.5" hole because the magnet is like 2 or 3 inches wide. I don't have an eq or processor... Just my 100.4 and 125.2

Many PA drivers make sacrifices in the name of the highest 1w/1m figures -- we didn't do that with the NeoPro line. I think they sound pretty darn good.

Thanks guys,

Jacob do u think a 8 will fit the 6.5" hole mounted on mdf or something?

Edited by Punkeyboozter

There is no negative in PA sound, just a monster negative in poorly designed systems using PA drivers or poorly designed drivers. As for whether these will work for you is going to depend on what else you plan with them. Same thing can be said about fitting an 8 in a 6.5" hole. Only you can really answer that as we cannot determine effort you are willing to put into the install over the internet without a lot more description.

There is no negative in PA sound, just a monster negative in poorly designed systems using PA drivers or poorly designed drivers. As for whether these will work for you is going to depend on what else you plan with them. Same thing can be said about fitting an 8 in a 6.5" hole. Only you can really answer that as we cannot determine effort you are willing to put into the install over the internet without a lot more description.

x2, its hard to answer will an 8" fit in the 6.5" hole. We dont know what your door looks like or what kind of room your dealing with, too many factors to answer. Either decide if you want to wait for the 6.5"s or if you dont mind doing some work to the doors if you have to just to get the 8"s to fit. My Neo-pro's sound way better then a lot of other pa speakers I dealt with, like Jacob said above he didnt sacrifice anything to have a high 1w/1m sensitivity.

Whats up with these Neo 8's. I havent seen pictures or anything about these.

Read through the Sundown section and you will find plenty of information about them.

Whats up with these Neo 8's. I havent seen pictures or anything about these.

Look under the Sundown section, page 2 or 3 and you will see multiple threads with the Neo-Pro 6.5"s, 8"s and 10"s.

you beat me to it 98GMC

I want those 8's but really dont want to cut metal. Door cards are ex to replace if i screw up, but doors will be another storie. Ill open the doors over the wknd to have a peak there again.

Jacob did ur sg guy order any? Hard to get ahold of him these days.

i had to use 2 rings of 3/4 MDF to make mine fit in a 5x7 hole.

and they sound great to me

2011-06-07_18-23-59_688.jpg

IB, im working on sealing the door up better, and im more then sure ill get a better response from them, but they were night and day from the factory ib

one of the issues i had mounting is the terminals are so large, they stick out from the basket a bit.

Double mdf almost certainly means cut door cards/plastics. Will i be losing alot with the sixes. Based on the charts it doesnt look too different but we all know in the real world things are different

i had to shave down my door panel aswell.. i didnt take pics of that because i hated doing it.. but once the panel was back on you cant tell anything is different.. untill i crank it up!

good luck!

Double mdf almost certainly means cut door cards/plastics. Will i be losing alot with the sixes. Based on the charts it doesnt look too different but we all know in the real world things are different

just some cone area that could produce more sound but that is irrelevant since both will have a lot of output. Its not about are you loosing something, its about the work you want to put in to either fit 6.5"s or 8''s.

Im ok with work, was thinking of doing some epoxy carbon if i do it, but its screwing up exspensive parts that worry me. Cars are very expensive here in singapore. Example my lancer will be 80k here when it will likely only cost around 15k or so in the us due to taxes and licencing. To make it worse u can only keep ur car for 10years. Sucks right

like Jacob said above he didnt sacrifice anything to have a high 1w/1m sensitivity.

Not possible. Pick two: sensitivity, flat response, frequency bandwith

Not saying the drivers are bad at all, but just saying he chose compromises albeit ones that I hope and expect are appropriate for car audio needs. Shouldn't be hard considering there are PA drivers that already chose those compromises :)

like Jacob said above he didnt sacrifice anything to have a high 1w/1m sensitivity.

Not saying the drivers are bad at all, but just saying he chose compromises albeit ones that I hope and expect are appropriate for car audio needs. Shouldn't be hard considering there are PA drivers that already chose those compromises :)

It should of said "like other companies do." Most will only give you a high sensitivity and limited frequency bandwidth.

It should of said "like other companies do." Most will only give you a high sensitivity and limited frequency bandwidth.

Normally it isn't the other companies, but their customers. Usually multiple drivers and more complex active crossovers and processing are just fine and acceptable for pro audio applications. Huge stages with nice boundaries are the norm so the focus can be on output and the trade-off of using dedicated drivers for small percentages of the frequency response to achieve this output is not only acceptable but desirable.